My husband and I are thinking about planning a trip for late July 2016, but we're unsure where to go. I would love your thoughts based on the following:
1) 7-10 day trip (open to multiple locations if travel between them is fairly straight forward)
2) prefer direct flights from NYC, but not a deal-breaker
3) nice hotel (our definition: really comfortable bed, beautiful view, ideally has a pool and/or near a beach; don't really care about "service" or amenities other than A/C and wifi) under $600/night
4) vegetarian options at many restaurants
5) we like wine, food and just hanging out (husband is into museums, but I'm not that into them); definitely want something relaxing and beautiful
6) warm weather
My husband keeps bringing up the south of France, I keep thinking about the Amalfi Coast or Lake Como. The only places to strike off the list entirely are Spain and Greece since we went there recently.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 3 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 4 God Save the Queen?
- 5 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 6 Milan or Turin
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 11 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 12 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 13 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 14 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 15 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 16 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 17 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Barcelona alternative
- 24 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 25 Train from Polgate to St Pancras