My husband and I are thinking about planning a trip for late July 2016, but we're unsure where to go. I would love your thoughts based on the following:
1) 7-10 day trip (open to multiple locations if travel between them is fairly straight forward)
2) prefer direct flights from NYC, but not a deal-breaker
3) nice hotel (our definition: really comfortable bed, beautiful view, ideally has a pool and/or near a beach; don't really care about "service" or amenities other than A/C and wifi) under $600/night
4) vegetarian options at many restaurants
5) we like wine, food and just hanging out (husband is into museums, but I'm not that into them); definitely want something relaxing and beautiful
6) warm weather
My husband keeps bringing up the south of France, I keep thinking about the Amalfi Coast or Lake Como. The only places to strike off the list entirely are Spain and Greece since we went there recently.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 2 Flat in London
- 3 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 4 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 7 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 8 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 9 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 10 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 11 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 12 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 13 One night in Rome
- 14 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 15 Trip to Rome
- 16 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 17 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 18 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 19 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 20 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 21 Do you travel with linen clothes?
- 22 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 23 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 24 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 25 Provence best farmstays!!??