My husband and I are thinking about planning a trip for late July 2016, but we're unsure where to go. I would love your thoughts based on the following:
1) 7-10 day trip (open to multiple locations if travel between them is fairly straight forward)
2) prefer direct flights from NYC, but not a deal-breaker
3) nice hotel (our definition: really comfortable bed, beautiful view, ideally has a pool and/or near a beach; don't really care about "service" or amenities other than A/C and wifi) under $600/night
4) vegetarian options at many restaurants
5) we like wine, food and just hanging out (husband is into museums, but I'm not that into them); definitely want something relaxing and beautiful
6) warm weather
My husband keeps bringing up the south of France, I keep thinking about the Amalfi Coast or Lake Como. The only places to strike off the list entirely are Spain and Greece since we went there recently.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 2 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 3 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 4 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 5 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 6 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 7 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 8 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 9 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 10 Iceland rental camper company
- 11 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 12 southeast sicily town as home base
- 13 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 14 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 15 Chania
- 16 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 17 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 18 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 19 Spanish food - not that special?
- 20 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 21 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 22 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 23 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 24 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!