My husband and I are thinking about planning a trip for late July 2016, but we're unsure where to go. I would love your thoughts based on the following:
1) 7-10 day trip (open to multiple locations if travel between them is fairly straight forward)
2) prefer direct flights from NYC, but not a deal-breaker
3) nice hotel (our definition: really comfortable bed, beautiful view, ideally has a pool and/or near a beach; don't really care about "service" or amenities other than A/C and wifi) under $600/night
4) vegetarian options at many restaurants
5) we like wine, food and just hanging out (husband is into museums, but I'm not that into them); definitely want something relaxing and beautiful
6) warm weather
My husband keeps bringing up the south of France, I keep thinking about the Amalfi Coast or Lake Como. The only places to strike off the list entirely are Spain and Greece since we went there recently.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 2 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 3 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 6 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 7 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 10 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 Italy
- 13 Revised itinerary for italy
- 14 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 15 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 16 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 17 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 18 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 19 Juangfrau / mt
- 20 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 23 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 24 Switzerland
- 25 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!