I am considering one of these cities on an upcoming trip to Europe in April, 2011, my travel dates are not flexible and I plan on spending a maximum of 6 days in the city/region. I will travel from the UK, so jet lag is not an issue. I have been to Barcelona, Amsterdam and Stockholm, but not recently. I get the impession Luxembourg City is a small town and Munich a city with no distinct tourist attractions that would be different from other major German cities (I've been to Hamburg, Berlin and Frankfurt). I realize that in April weatherwise it is not the best time to travel, which of these places do fodorites recommend (or advise against) for a few days in April. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
Where to go in April, Stockholm, Luxembourg, Barcelona, Amsterdam or Munich
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 2 Greek islands from Turkey
- 3 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 4 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 5 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 6 Rome Accommodation
- 7 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 8 rent car / Munich
- 9 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 10 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 11 Italian Lakes gardens
- 12 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 13 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 14 Chambermaid tipping
- 15 TGV and Provence questions
- 16 Novels set in Greece
- 17 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 21 More help with housing in Puglia
- 22 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 Weekend in Lake Bled?