I am considering one of these cities on an upcoming trip to Europe in April, 2011, my travel dates are not flexible and I plan on spending a maximum of 6 days in the city/region. I will travel from the UK, so jet lag is not an issue. I have been to Barcelona, Amsterdam and Stockholm, but not recently. I get the impession Luxembourg City is a small town and Munich a city with no distinct tourist attractions that would be different from other major German cities (I've been to Hamburg, Berlin and Frankfurt). I realize that in April weatherwise it is not the best time to travel, which of these places do fodorites recommend (or advise against) for a few days in April. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
Where to go in April, Stockholm, Luxembourg, Barcelona, Amsterdam or Munich
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 2 Venice - boats on canals
- 3 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 4 Best regions/cities for good walks (not hiking)
- 5 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 6 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 7 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 8 Trekking Poles in the UK...Where to buy
- 9 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 10 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 11 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 13 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 14 Which apartment/area in London?
- 15 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 16 Driving in Germany
- 17 Which time period is preferable for summer visit to London?
- 18 Venice, just arrived
- 19 Guidance and help for Europe trip by train.
- 20 Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
- 21 Park Guell in Barcelona
- 22 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 23 ever rent an apartment after you get to a city?
- 24 capital one 360 debit card use in italy
- 25 Prepaid cell phone, CDG