I am throwing this question out into the abyss and hoping that some Fodorites can lend some guidance/assistance in planning a vacation for 2013.
When lending this type of assistance, it is best to understand a little background.
Budget is ok for a 2 week trip. Staying in apartments or moderate hotels.
Interests are history, scenary, and culture.
Going for 2 weeks towards the end of September.
I have been to London (not a fan), all over Ireland, all over Italy (LOVE Italy), all over southern Germany (LOVED it), Vienna, Paris (once for 3 days and LOVED it), and Prague.
My initial thought is Paris for 4 days and then fly to Switzerland. My other thought is Spain.
My worry with Switzerland is that there won't be enough to do in Switzerland if one is not a big hiker or paraglider. I am mostly interested in the small, quaint villages of Switzerland. But is that enough to justify a trip? Am I missing more history and culture by not going to Spain? My worry with Spain is that the sites are spread out all over the countryside and a week won't be enough time to see it all without changing hotels every night (not doing that).
I still have things to see and do in Paris that I did not get a chance to do the first time around.
So I impart on the Fodorite's knowledge base to provide help for this.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 God Save the Queen?
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 10 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 13 Paris to Italy
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 16 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 23 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Great Value Vacations - NOT