I am throwing this question out into the abyss and hoping that some Fodorites can lend some guidance/assistance in planning a vacation for 2013.
When lending this type of assistance, it is best to understand a little background.
Budget is ok for a 2 week trip. Staying in apartments or moderate hotels.
Interests are history, scenary, and culture.
Going for 2 weeks towards the end of September.
I have been to London (not a fan), all over Ireland, all over Italy (LOVE Italy), all over southern Germany (LOVED it), Vienna, Paris (once for 3 days and LOVED it), and Prague.
My initial thought is Paris for 4 days and then fly to Switzerland. My other thought is Spain.
My worry with Switzerland is that there won't be enough to do in Switzerland if one is not a big hiker or paraglider. I am mostly interested in the small, quaint villages of Switzerland. But is that enough to justify a trip? Am I missing more history and culture by not going to Spain? My worry with Spain is that the sites are spread out all over the countryside and a week won't be enough time to see it all without changing hotels every night (not doing that).
I still have things to see and do in Paris that I did not get a chance to do the first time around.
So I impart on the Fodorite's knowledge base to provide help for this.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 2 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 3 Road Trip: 4 Weeks from Puglia to Le Marche
- 4 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 5 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 8 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 9 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 10 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 11 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 12 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 13 Renting a car in Greece
- 14 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 15 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 16 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 17 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 18 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 19 Iceland rental camper company
- 20 southeast sicily town as home base
- 21 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 22 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 23 Chania
- 24 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 25 Theoxenia on Santorini