I am throwing this question out into the abyss and hoping that some Fodorites can lend some guidance/assistance in planning a vacation for 2013.
When lending this type of assistance, it is best to understand a little background.
Budget is ok for a 2 week trip. Staying in apartments or moderate hotels.
Interests are history, scenary, and culture.
Going for 2 weeks towards the end of September.
I have been to London (not a fan), all over Ireland, all over Italy (LOVE Italy), all over southern Germany (LOVED it), Vienna, Paris (once for 3 days and LOVED it), and Prague.
My initial thought is Paris for 4 days and then fly to Switzerland. My other thought is Spain.
My worry with Switzerland is that there won't be enough to do in Switzerland if one is not a big hiker or paraglider. I am mostly interested in the small, quaint villages of Switzerland. But is that enough to justify a trip? Am I missing more history and culture by not going to Spain? My worry with Spain is that the sites are spread out all over the countryside and a week won't be enough time to see it all without changing hotels every night (not doing that).
I still have things to see and do in Paris that I did not get a chance to do the first time around.
So I impart on the Fodorite's knowledge base to provide help for this.
Thanks in advance.
Where to go in 2013
- 1 Cera 23 in Barcelona
- 2 Driving around Amalfi on first visit...
- 3 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 4 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 5 Car rental
- 6 Tuscany Lodging - Ankhura vs. Terre di Nano
- 7 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 8 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 9 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris
- 10 Ennis or Shannon for last night before flying out of Shannon Airport?
- 11 Tour-Free Travel
- 12 Parking in Reykjavik
- 13 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 14 8-10 Night Italy Itinerary Please Help!
- 15 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 16 Paris Recommendations
- 17 Rhine River Intinerary
- 18 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 19 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 20 The Netherlands, France and Spain
- 21 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 22 France in 7 days
- 23 Cinque Terre card and train
- 24 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 25 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!