I am throwing this question out into the abyss and hoping that some Fodorites can lend some guidance/assistance in planning a vacation for 2013.
When lending this type of assistance, it is best to understand a little background.
Budget is ok for a 2 week trip. Staying in apartments or moderate hotels.
Interests are history, scenary, and culture.
Going for 2 weeks towards the end of September.
I have been to London (not a fan), all over Ireland, all over Italy (LOVE Italy), all over southern Germany (LOVED it), Vienna, Paris (once for 3 days and LOVED it), and Prague.
My initial thought is Paris for 4 days and then fly to Switzerland. My other thought is Spain.
My worry with Switzerland is that there won't be enough to do in Switzerland if one is not a big hiker or paraglider. I am mostly interested in the small, quaint villages of Switzerland. But is that enough to justify a trip? Am I missing more history and culture by not going to Spain? My worry with Spain is that the sites are spread out all over the countryside and a week won't be enough time to see it all without changing hotels every night (not doing that).
I still have things to see and do in Paris that I did not get a chance to do the first time around.
So I impart on the Fodorite's knowledge base to provide help for this.
Thanks in advance.
Where to go in 2013
- 1 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 2 hotels in Milan, Italy
- 3 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 4 14 days Ireland/Scotland Trip Report
- 5 Reichstag tickets
- 6 Paris Ticket t+
- 7 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 8 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 9 Sussex Day Out Which Option to Choose?
- 10 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 11 One week in Norway
- 12 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 13 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 14 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 15 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 16 Driving Through Adriatic Italy
- 17 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)
- 18 Am I too fat too travel?
- 19 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 20 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 21 Do and don't, eating in France
- 22 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 23 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 24 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 25 Help Needed with European Adventure