I am throwing this question out into the abyss and hoping that some Fodorites can lend some guidance/assistance in planning a vacation for 2013.
When lending this type of assistance, it is best to understand a little background.
Budget is ok for a 2 week trip. Staying in apartments or moderate hotels.
Interests are history, scenary, and culture.
Going for 2 weeks towards the end of September.
I have been to London (not a fan), all over Ireland, all over Italy (LOVE Italy), all over southern Germany (LOVED it), Vienna, Paris (once for 3 days and LOVED it), and Prague.
My initial thought is Paris for 4 days and then fly to Switzerland. My other thought is Spain.
My worry with Switzerland is that there won't be enough to do in Switzerland if one is not a big hiker or paraglider. I am mostly interested in the small, quaint villages of Switzerland. But is that enough to justify a trip? Am I missing more history and culture by not going to Spain? My worry with Spain is that the sites are spread out all over the countryside and a week won't be enough time to see it all without changing hotels every night (not doing that).
I still have things to see and do in Paris that I did not get a chance to do the first time around.
So I impart on the Fodorite's knowledge base to provide help for this.
Thanks in advance.
Where to go in 2013
- 1 What the heck- purchased italian train tickets for wrong date!
- 2 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 3 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 4 I Need To Vent!
- 5 Help with itenerary
- 6 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 7 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 8 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 9 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 10 jungfraujoch mid june
- 11 Turkey to Greece: Rental Car ?s
- 12 Scotland. Cawdor Castle , Inverness
- 13 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 14 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 15 Balloon rides in Swiss
- 16 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 17 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 18 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 19 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 20 Munich Hotels near train station downtown
- 21 Vienna State Opera - possible for adult and child to switch seats?
- 22 Rome Itineray - I've done most of my homework; Needs fine tuning!
- 23 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 24 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 25 Ghent Alterpiece Moved?