My husband and I are planning a trip where we are spending 7 days in the Coltswolds and probably 4 nights in St. Davids, Pembrokeshire, Wales. After Wales we fly home out of Birmingham Airport. Neither of us has been to Wales.
I've heard that roads in Wales are slow and that places that appear close on the map may actually take a long time to reach. With that in mind, is there anything interesting we can drive to within an hour of leaving St. David's? Or should we count on sticking around town?
Also, we would be driving from Teweksbury, near Cheltenham. Since we are literally crossing Wales , perhaps someone can recommend a scenic route or interesting places to stop at en-route. We would like something different looking from The Cotwolds and love landscapes, castles, manor-houses and, pretty villages, and gentle walking and neolithic ruins and are open to new experiences.
All ideas are appreciated. Thanks, everyone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 2 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 3 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 4 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 5 base for Andalucia
- 6 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 7 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 8 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 9 Windsor Castle
- 10 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 11 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 12 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 13 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 14 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 15 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 16 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 17 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 18 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 19 4 nights in Sardinia
- 20 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 21 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 22 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 23 "Too Much Cows"
- 24 Matera tour guide wanted
- 25 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!