My husband and I are planning a trip where we are spending 7 days in the Coltswolds and probably 4 nights in St. Davids, Pembrokeshire, Wales. After Wales we fly home out of Birmingham Airport. Neither of us has been to Wales.
I've heard that roads in Wales are slow and that places that appear close on the map may actually take a long time to reach. With that in mind, is there anything interesting we can drive to within an hour of leaving St. David's? Or should we count on sticking around town?
Also, we would be driving from Teweksbury, near Cheltenham. Since we are literally crossing Wales , perhaps someone can recommend a scenic route or interesting places to stop at en-route. We would like something different looking from The Cotwolds and love landscapes, castles, manor-houses and, pretty villages, and gentle walking and neolithic ruins and are open to new experiences.
All ideas are appreciated. Thanks, everyone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 4 San Sebastián
- 5 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 6 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 7 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 8 italy Cinque Terre
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Can parking
- 16 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 17 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 18 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 21 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 22 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 23 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Zurich to Milan trip