My husband and I are planning a trip where we are spending 7 days in the Coltswolds and probably 4 nights in St. Davids, Pembrokeshire, Wales. After Wales we fly home out of Birmingham Airport. Neither of us has been to Wales.
I've heard that roads in Wales are slow and that places that appear close on the map may actually take a long time to reach. With that in mind, is there anything interesting we can drive to within an hour of leaving St. David's? Or should we count on sticking around town?
Also, we would be driving from Teweksbury, near Cheltenham. Since we are literally crossing Wales , perhaps someone can recommend a scenic route or interesting places to stop at en-route. We would like something different looking from The Cotwolds and love landscapes, castles, manor-houses and, pretty villages, and gentle walking and neolithic ruins and are open to new experiences.
All ideas are appreciated. Thanks, everyone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Keukenhof in May?
- 2 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 3 tickets for Wimbledon
- 4 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 5 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 6 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 7 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 8 Insurance on rental car options
- 9 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Istanbul at Easter
- 12 Happy birthday ATM
- 13 Renting a car in Greece
- 14 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 15 24 hours in Paris
- 16 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 20 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 21 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 22 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 23 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 24 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 25 Help with Crete Itinerary