My husband and I are planning a trip where we are spending 7 days in the Coltswolds and probably 4 nights in St. Davids, Pembrokeshire, Wales. After Wales we fly home out of Birmingham Airport. Neither of us has been to Wales.
I've heard that roads in Wales are slow and that places that appear close on the map may actually take a long time to reach. With that in mind, is there anything interesting we can drive to within an hour of leaving St. David's? Or should we count on sticking around town?
Also, we would be driving from Teweksbury, near Cheltenham. Since we are literally crossing Wales , perhaps someone can recommend a scenic route or interesting places to stop at en-route. We would like something different looking from The Cotwolds and love landscapes, castles, manor-houses and, pretty villages, and gentle walking and neolithic ruins and are open to new experiences.
All ideas are appreciated. Thanks, everyone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 4 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 5 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 6 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 7 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 8 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 12 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 13 Spain in July
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Acropolis Athens
- 16 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 17 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 18 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 19 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 20 We're here!
- 21 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 22 Trip Ideas
- 23 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017