We are trying to plan an adventure when we first get to Ireland in June.
We arrive in Dublin airport at 1 pm and have a rental car to take off from there.
Our initial plans are to drive right to the Cliffs of Moher and then stay in a town/village nearby for the night and explore that town the next day before going to Dublin for the rest of our trip. After visiting the Cliffs of Moher any suggestions on where to go for the night and next day? We like old charm villages with authentic pubs, restaurants, and shops. Would love it if it had mountain views or perhaps a fishing village as well as nearby castles to ride by.
So far my thoughts are Galway.
Any help would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 2 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 3 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 4 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 5 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 6 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 7 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 8 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 9 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 10 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 11 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 12 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 13 Iceland trip report!
- 14 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 15 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 16 Bernese Oberland
- 17 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 18 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 19 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 20 Couscous
- 21 15 days in Denmark / Sweden in May 17
- 22 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 23 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 24 Denmark or Sweden?
- 25 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?