We are trying to plan an adventure when we first get to Ireland in June.
We arrive in Dublin airport at 1 pm and have a rental car to take off from there.
Our initial plans are to drive right to the Cliffs of Moher and then stay in a town/village nearby for the night and explore that town the next day before going to Dublin for the rest of our trip. After visiting the Cliffs of Moher any suggestions on where to go for the night and next day? We like old charm villages with authentic pubs, restaurants, and shops. Would love it if it had mountain views or perhaps a fishing village as well as nearby castles to ride by.
So far my thoughts are Galway.
Any help would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 2 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 3 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 4 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 5 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 8 Madrid/Lisbon
- 9 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 12 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 13 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 Oporto
- 16 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 17 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 18 Perugia
- 19 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 20 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 21 Ronda Wine/biking
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 St Denis Cathedral
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 25 First Trip from Boston to Italy