We are trying to plan an adventure when we first get to Ireland in June.
We arrive in Dublin airport at 1 pm and have a rental car to take off from there.
Our initial plans are to drive right to the Cliffs of Moher and then stay in a town/village nearby for the night and explore that town the next day before going to Dublin for the rest of our trip. After visiting the Cliffs of Moher any suggestions on where to go for the night and next day? We like old charm villages with authentic pubs, restaurants, and shops. Would love it if it had mountain views or perhaps a fishing village as well as nearby castles to ride by.
So far my thoughts are Galway.
Any help would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 2 SURPRISE TRIP
- 3 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 4 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 5 Paris in August
- 6 13 nights in switzerland
- 7 Europe for Beginners
- 8 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 9 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 10 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 11 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 12 Use of Train Tickets
- 13 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 14 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 15 Short time in Vienna
- 16 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 17 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 20 Iceland in January/February
- 21 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 22 Valencia Spain
- 23 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 24 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 25 Update on Bob the Navigator