Myself and 3 friends are considering a small road trip for New Year from the UK into northern Europe. Departing on December 29th and returning January 3rd.
We are on a budget. Driving and using ferries seems much cheaper than getting the Eurostar. Ideally we would like one or 2 nights somewhere quite rural and interesting with a bit of a party night for New Year's eve. Although we would like to avoid very touristy places.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber vs. TfL
- 2 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 3 Whathello Paris
- 4 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 5 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 6 Bordeaux to Nice
- 7 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 8 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Transport for local Venice travel
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Christmas in Italy
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 "Too Much Cows"
- 20 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 21 Thinking about the Fjords
- 22 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 23 Rome to Venice
- 24 Alitala
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna