Myself and 3 friends are considering a small road trip for New Year from the UK into northern Europe. Departing on December 29th and returning January 3rd.
We are on a budget. Driving and using ferries seems much cheaper than getting the Eurostar. Ideally we would like one or 2 nights somewhere quite rural and interesting with a bit of a party night for New Year's eve. Although we would like to avoid very touristy places.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Ramstein
- 2 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 3 12 days europe
- 4 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 5 Beaches in Southern France
- 6 Amalfi coast
- 7 3 days to spend in europe
- 8 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 9 If you had four months...
- 10 3 days with a Swindon base
- 11 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 12 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 13 italy itinerary
- 14 Ravello to Paestum
- 15 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 16 Rail pass question
- 17 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 18 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 19 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 20 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 21 Spain Itinerary Help
- 22 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 23 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 24 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 25 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?