Myself and 3 friends are considering a small road trip for New Year from the UK into northern Europe. Departing on December 29th and returning January 3rd.
We are on a budget. Driving and using ferries seems much cheaper than getting the Eurostar. Ideally we would like one or 2 nights somewhere quite rural and interesting with a bit of a party night for New Year's eve. Although we would like to avoid very touristy places.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 2 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 5 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 6 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 7 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 8 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 11 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 12 We're here!
- 13 10 days in Paris and......
- 14 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 15 Moving to Italy
- 16 Sardinia-too busy early/mid July??
- 17 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 18 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 19 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 20 Spain in July
- 21 Rick Steves Alternatives
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 24 Planning an independent tour of UK mid-2017
- 25 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?