Myself and 3 friends are considering a small road trip for New Year from the UK into northern Europe. Departing on December 29th and returning January 3rd.
We are on a budget. Driving and using ferries seems much cheaper than getting the Eurostar. Ideally we would like one or 2 nights somewhere quite rural and interesting with a bit of a party night for New Year's eve. Although we would like to avoid very touristy places.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 2 Three days in Athens
- 3 Another Visit to London
- 4 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 5 The Tweesters Travel with Tito: 2 weeks in Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia
- 6 transfer from Eurostar to London hotel
- 7 Northern Italy
- 8 Where can I get pre-euro banknotes?
- 9 Lucca to Florence with side trips
- 10 Europe in Two Weeks, what is possible?
- 11 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon
- 12 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 13 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 14 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy
- 15 5 Days in Provence
- 16 3 days Venice to Paris
- 17 A 3rd destination to add to trip
- 18 Transportation from Gothenburg airport to the Center
- 19 Anyone travel with to Europe with ISE when they were in college?
- 20 Forints or Euros?
- 21 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz
- 22 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 23 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 24 Bus fine Italy
- 25 Another question about the rouble.