Myself and 3 friends are considering a small road trip for New Year from the UK into northern Europe. Departing on December 29th and returning January 3rd.
We are on a budget. Driving and using ferries seems much cheaper than getting the Eurostar. Ideally we would like one or 2 nights somewhere quite rural and interesting with a bit of a party night for New Year's eve. Although we would like to avoid very touristy places.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 3 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 4 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 5 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 6 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 9 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 10 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 11 Barcelona - places to stay
- 12 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 13 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 14 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 15 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 16 Christmas Markets 2017
- 17 Language to use in Belgium
- 18 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 19 Istanbul at Easter
- 20 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 21 Palermo Apartment
- 22 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 25 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France