Myself and 3 friends are considering a small road trip for New Year from the UK into northern Europe. Departing on December 29th and returning January 3rd.
We are on a budget. Driving and using ferries seems much cheaper than getting the Eurostar. Ideally we would like one or 2 nights somewhere quite rural and interesting with a bit of a party night for New Year's eve. Although we would like to avoid very touristy places.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 2 Naples or Genoa
- 3 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 4 From Genoa to Rome...
- 5 France to stop making foie grois
- 6 Spain in November
- 7 5 nights in Andalusia
- 8 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 9 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 10 Itinerary help please!
- 11 Greece Itinerary
- 12 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 13 Road trip Bergen to Trolltunga
- 14 From Riga airport to Riga downtown 222 mini-bus
- 15 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 16 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 17 How big backpack do I need?
- 18 Holiday Itinerary
- 19 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 20 AVE train tickets questions.
- 21 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 22 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 23 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 24 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 25 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.