Myself and 3 friends are considering a small road trip for New Year from the UK into northern Europe. Departing on December 29th and returning January 3rd.
We are on a budget. Driving and using ferries seems much cheaper than getting the Eurostar. Ideally we would like one or 2 nights somewhere quite rural and interesting with a bit of a party night for New Year's eve. Although we would like to avoid very touristy places.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 hour from Stockholm to Nynashamn
- 2 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 3 Viking Ship Museums and Open Air Museums
- 4 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 5 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 6 Sentimental Journey
- 7 Netflix and Hulu
- 8 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 9 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 10 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 11 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 12 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 13 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
- 14 Paris hotels
- 15 TAP airlines & other questions
- 16 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 17 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 18 5 days in switzerland
- 19 Nice-Barcelona-Valencia
- 20 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 21 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 22 Antwerp Tram
- 23 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 24 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 25 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?