Myself and 3 friends are considering a small road trip for New Year from the UK into northern Europe. Departing on December 29th and returning January 3rd.
We are on a budget. Driving and using ferries seems much cheaper than getting the Eurostar. Ideally we would like one or 2 nights somewhere quite rural and interesting with a bit of a party night for New Year's eve. Although we would like to avoid very touristy places.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 2 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 3 Vacation
- 4 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 5 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 6 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 7 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 8 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 9 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 10 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 11 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 12 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 13 First time in London
- 14 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 15 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 16 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 17 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 18 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 19 No Periods in British Written English!
- 20 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 21 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 22 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 23 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 24 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 25 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh