Myself and 3 friends are considering a small road trip for New Year from the UK into northern Europe. Departing on December 29th and returning January 3rd.
We are on a budget. Driving and using ferries seems much cheaper than getting the Eurostar. Ideally we would like one or 2 nights somewhere quite rural and interesting with a bit of a party night for New Year's eve. Although we would like to avoid very touristy places.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Would be much appreciated!
Where to go for 4 day road trip from London into Europe??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 2 5 Observations About Paris
- 3 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 4 Budget family trip to Europe
- 5 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 6 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 7 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 8 Berlin
- 9 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 10 Airport ATMs
- 11 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 12 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 13 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 14 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 15 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 16 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 17 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 18 Dordogne & Lot Day Hiking
- 19 By train to and out of Prague
- 20 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 21 history museums or locations
- 22 Scuol, Switzerland
- 23 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 24 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 25 Side trip from Chamonix in January