Myself and 3 friends are considering a small road trip for New Year from the UK into northern Europe. Departing on December 29th and returning January 3rd.
We are on a budget. Driving and using ferries seems much cheaper than getting the Eurostar. Ideally we would like one or 2 nights somewhere quite rural and interesting with a bit of a party night for New Year's eve. Although we would like to avoid very touristy places.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 4 Gap of Dunloe
- 5 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 6 강남역풀살롱추천O1O 4444 9374↙강남역풀살롱예약 강남역풀싸롱
- 7 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 8 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 9 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 10 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 11 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 12 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 13 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 14 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 15 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 16 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 17 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 18 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 19 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 20 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 21 travel around Spain
- 22 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 23 Restaurants
- 24 Bursa/Iznik
- 25 Confused on which train pass