We are planning a trip to Barcelona either in October or first week in November. My youngest daughter, D2, will be doing graduate work at the business school in Barcelona for the fall semester. My husband, older daughter (D1) & I are planning on visiting D2. We would most likely leave on a Fri night, arrive in Barcelona on Sat. We would spend Sat through Wed in Barcelona. D2 does not have classes on Thurs & Fri so we want to leave Barcelona & travel somewhere else for those days (Thurs through Sunday). We would need to return to Barcelona by Sunday night for a flight back to the U.S. on Monday. Our dilemma is where should we go?
We would have 3 nights. I have never been to Spain, my husband has been to Madrid, & D1 has been to Barcelona and Andalucia so she would like to see something new. D1 feels that the Andalucian region is the most beauitul part of Spain & that we should see some of it, so she has suggested going only to Granada so that we can visit somewhere else. My husband suggested Morrocco. Several people recommended to me that we should stay away from Tangier and go to Fez or Marrakesh. But my concern is this: Do we have enough time to visit both Granada and Morrocco? I haven't done any research yet on Morrocco because I don't want to buy a guide book if we don't go there. How wouldl we get to Marrakesh from Granada & how long does it take?
Should we stay only in Spain (because of time constraints), & if so, where should we go that would be a new place for D1? What about northern Spain? Does it make sense to travel from Granada (if we decide to go there) to northern Spain?
I would appreciate any ideas/suggestions/advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona completely overrated
- 2 Car rental between countries
- 3 Greece in 15 Days
- 4 Walking Scotland
- 5 Adaptors for Belgium
- 6 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 7 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 8 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 9 Train Ticket Help
- 10 I forgot my international driver permit
- 11 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 12 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 13 Prague old town
- 14 Bordeaux TRIP
- 15 20 free days of Europe
- 16 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 17 Naples or Genoa
- 18 Munich restaurant recs
- 19 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 20 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 21 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 22 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 23 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 24 Home base for a month in France?
- 25 5 Days in Dublin