We are planning a trip to Barcelona either in October or first week in November. My youngest daughter, D2, will be doing graduate work at the business school in Barcelona for the fall semester. My husband, older daughter (D1) & I are planning on visiting D2. We would most likely leave on a Fri night, arrive in Barcelona on Sat. We would spend Sat through Wed in Barcelona. D2 does not have classes on Thurs & Fri so we want to leave Barcelona & travel somewhere else for those days (Thurs through Sunday). We would need to return to Barcelona by Sunday night for a flight back to the U.S. on Monday. Our dilemma is where should we go?
We would have 3 nights. I have never been to Spain, my husband has been to Madrid, & D1 has been to Barcelona and Andalucia so she would like to see something new. D1 feels that the Andalucian region is the most beauitul part of Spain & that we should see some of it, so she has suggested going only to Granada so that we can visit somewhere else. My husband suggested Morrocco. Several people recommended to me that we should stay away from Tangier and go to Fez or Marrakesh. But my concern is this: Do we have enough time to visit both Granada and Morrocco? I haven't done any research yet on Morrocco because I don't want to buy a guide book if we don't go there. How wouldl we get to Marrakesh from Granada & how long does it take?
Should we stay only in Spain (because of time constraints), & if so, where should we go that would be a new place for D1? What about northern Spain? Does it make sense to travel from Granada (if we decide to go there) to northern Spain?
I would appreciate any ideas/suggestions/advice.
Where to go after Barcelona trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No points in Paris .....
- 2 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 3 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 4 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 5 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 6 best time to book accommodation
- 7 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 8 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 9 Stay near Paris
- 10 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 11 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 12 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 13 Sicily - not a trip report
- 14 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 15 Chip but no PIN
- 16 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 17 Questions for my German friends
- 18 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 19 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 22 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 23 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 24 What to wear
- 25 Greece - trip report - Aegean Islands Chios, Lesvos and Samos Oct 2012