We are planning a trip to Barcelona either in October or first week in November. My youngest daughter, D2, will be doing graduate work at the business school in Barcelona for the fall semester. My husband, older daughter (D1) & I are planning on visiting D2. We would most likely leave on a Fri night, arrive in Barcelona on Sat. We would spend Sat through Wed in Barcelona. D2 does not have classes on Thurs & Fri so we want to leave Barcelona & travel somewhere else for those days (Thurs through Sunday). We would need to return to Barcelona by Sunday night for a flight back to the U.S. on Monday. Our dilemma is where should we go?
We would have 3 nights. I have never been to Spain, my husband has been to Madrid, & D1 has been to Barcelona and Andalucia so she would like to see something new. D1 feels that the Andalucian region is the most beauitul part of Spain & that we should see some of it, so she has suggested going only to Granada so that we can visit somewhere else. My husband suggested Morrocco. Several people recommended to me that we should stay away from Tangier and go to Fez or Marrakesh. But my concern is this: Do we have enough time to visit both Granada and Morrocco? I haven't done any research yet on Morrocco because I don't want to buy a guide book if we don't go there. How wouldl we get to Marrakesh from Granada & how long does it take?
Should we stay only in Spain (because of time constraints), & if so, where should we go that would be a new place for D1? What about northern Spain? Does it make sense to travel from Granada (if we decide to go there) to northern Spain?
I would appreciate any ideas/suggestions/advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 2 Puglia
- 3 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 4 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 5 This secure, as immoderate-colossal
- 6 From London to Paris to US
- 7 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 8 My First Trip to Europe...
- 9 Residential wallpaper designs
- 10 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 11 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 12 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 13 Naples or Genoa
- 14 France to stop making foie grois
- 15 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 16 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 17 Greece Itinerary
- 18 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 19 Road Maps of Ireland
- 20 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 21 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 22 Manchester on derby weekend
- 23 Rome to Positano
- 24 Day trips from Uzes
- 25 Itinerary Critique, please?