I'm traveling with my wife to Europe next month (September) and I will spend 34 days there, however, only 15 days (14 nights) of those 34, are going to be traveling around Europe, we are going to spend the rest in Barcelona, where my sister lives.
The question is where to go on those 14 days, I had a couple of plans but I'm thinking they are not the best:
A. Paris, Vienna, Prague (possibly a day trip to Bratislava), Budapest, Florence (with one day trip to tuscany country side) (3 days each)
B. Italy: Napoli/Almafi coast, Vienna, Tuscany (including Florence of course), Rome.
Now I've read a lot, and they say it's not enough to just spend 3 days on each city for plan A, I have visited Paris before, but my wife hasn't. I was also thinking we could do 4 days in Paris (since its the biggest, and we have friends there) and take a day off Budapest or Prague. And about Plan B, well, it'd just be Italy and I've heard that it's only worth going to just one country in Europe, if you've been a couple times before (which I have but my wife hasn't)
Now, with all that, I'm asking for suggestions on where to go, how many days to spend on each place etc. The only places that are definitely out of the question are London (I'd need a visa), Amsterdam (the only place my Wife has been, and I have too) and Brussels.
We are not museum people, we are more of the kind of tourist that like to live the city itself, walk around the streets, etc. Landmarks are important but the city (its streets, people, culture and food) is more important to us. Oh, we also don't want to go way north (like Scandinavian countries) but we are definitely open to Germany and such.
Also, Prague is probably my first choice, and my wife's is Almafi coast, and we both have Florence as our top 2 choice, they are not absolutely a must though.
Thanks a lot in advance guys! I appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London is it worth it?
- 2 First visit to London
- 3 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 4 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 5 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 6 Paris and Normandy
- 7 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 8 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 9 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 10 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 11 Help me make this possible!
- 12 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 13 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 14 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 15 Car Rental
- 16 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 17 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 18 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 19 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 20 Balkans
- 21 My first trip to Crete
- 22 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 23 Ireland Trip
- 24 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 25 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July