I'm traveling with my wife to Europe next month (September) and I will spend 34 days there, however, only 15 days (14 nights) of those 34, are going to be traveling around Europe, we are going to spend the rest in Barcelona, where my sister lives.
The question is where to go on those 14 days, I had a couple of plans but I'm thinking they are not the best:
A. Paris, Vienna, Prague (possibly a day trip to Bratislava), Budapest, Florence (with one day trip to tuscany country side) (3 days each)
B. Italy: Napoli/Almafi coast, Vienna, Tuscany (including Florence of course), Rome.
Now I've read a lot, and they say it's not enough to just spend 3 days on each city for plan A, I have visited Paris before, but my wife hasn't. I was also thinking we could do 4 days in Paris (since its the biggest, and we have friends there) and take a day off Budapest or Prague. And about Plan B, well, it'd just be Italy and I've heard that it's only worth going to just one country in Europe, if you've been a couple times before (which I have but my wife hasn't)
Now, with all that, I'm asking for suggestions on where to go, how many days to spend on each place etc. The only places that are definitely out of the question are London (I'd need a visa), Amsterdam (the only place my Wife has been, and I have too) and Brussels.
We are not museum people, we are more of the kind of tourist that like to live the city itself, walk around the streets, etc. Landmarks are important but the city (its streets, people, culture and food) is more important to us. Oh, we also don't want to go way north (like Scandinavian countries) but we are definitely open to Germany and such.
Also, Prague is probably my first choice, and my wife's is Almafi coast, and we both have Florence as our top 2 choice, they are not absolutely a must though.
Thanks a lot in advance guys! I appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 2 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 3 Munich and....???
- 4 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 5 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 6 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 7 Road trip with our dog
- 8 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 9 italy Cinque Terre
- 10 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 13 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 14 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 17 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 21 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 22 Can parking
- 23 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 24 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 25 VAT refund transferring through CDG