I'm traveling with my wife to Europe next month (September) and I will spend 34 days there, however, only 15 days (14 nights) of those 34, are going to be traveling around Europe, we are going to spend the rest in Barcelona, where my sister lives.
The question is where to go on those 14 days, I had a couple of plans but I'm thinking they are not the best:
A. Paris, Vienna, Prague (possibly a day trip to Bratislava), Budapest, Florence (with one day trip to tuscany country side) (3 days each)
B. Italy: Napoli/Almafi coast, Vienna, Tuscany (including Florence of course), Rome.
Now I've read a lot, and they say it's not enough to just spend 3 days on each city for plan A, I have visited Paris before, but my wife hasn't. I was also thinking we could do 4 days in Paris (since its the biggest, and we have friends there) and take a day off Budapest or Prague. And about Plan B, well, it'd just be Italy and I've heard that it's only worth going to just one country in Europe, if you've been a couple times before (which I have but my wife hasn't)
Now, with all that, I'm asking for suggestions on where to go, how many days to spend on each place etc. The only places that are definitely out of the question are London (I'd need a visa), Amsterdam (the only place my Wife has been, and I have too) and Brussels.
We are not museum people, we are more of the kind of tourist that like to live the city itself, walk around the streets, etc. Landmarks are important but the city (its streets, people, culture and food) is more important to us. Oh, we also don't want to go way north (like Scandinavian countries) but we are definitely open to Germany and such.
Also, Prague is probably my first choice, and my wife's is Almafi coast, and we both have Florence as our top 2 choice, they are not absolutely a must though.
Thanks a lot in advance guys! I appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 COMCAST @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 3 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 4 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 5 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 6 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 7 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 8 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 9 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 10 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 11 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 14 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 15 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 16 Maximizing Norway time
- 17 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 18 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 21 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 22 Hiking in Switzerland
- 23 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 24 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 25 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como