I'm traveling with my wife to Europe next month (September) and I will spend 34 days there, however, only 15 days (14 nights) of those 34, are going to be traveling around Europe, we are going to spend the rest in Barcelona, where my sister lives.
The question is where to go on those 14 days, I had a couple of plans but I'm thinking they are not the best:
A. Paris, Vienna, Prague (possibly a day trip to Bratislava), Budapest, Florence (with one day trip to tuscany country side) (3 days each)
B. Italy: Napoli/Almafi coast, Vienna, Tuscany (including Florence of course), Rome.
Now I've read a lot, and they say it's not enough to just spend 3 days on each city for plan A, I have visited Paris before, but my wife hasn't. I was also thinking we could do 4 days in Paris (since its the biggest, and we have friends there) and take a day off Budapest or Prague. And about Plan B, well, it'd just be Italy and I've heard that it's only worth going to just one country in Europe, if you've been a couple times before (which I have but my wife hasn't)
Now, with all that, I'm asking for suggestions on where to go, how many days to spend on each place etc. The only places that are definitely out of the question are London (I'd need a visa), Amsterdam (the only place my Wife has been, and I have too) and Brussels.
We are not museum people, we are more of the kind of tourist that like to live the city itself, walk around the streets, etc. Landmarks are important but the city (its streets, people, culture and food) is more important to us. Oh, we also don't want to go way north (like Scandinavian countries) but we are definitely open to Germany and such.
Also, Prague is probably my first choice, and my wife's is Almafi coast, and we both have Florence as our top 2 choice, they are not absolutely a must though.
Thanks a lot in advance guys! I appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Piedmont as a destination
- 2 dinner jackets
- 3 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 4 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 5 Vatican City questions
- 6 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 7 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 8 Garda Land
- 9 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 12 2 weeks Europe trip
- 13 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 14 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 15 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 16 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 Cordoba Overnight?
- 19 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 20 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 21 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 22 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 23 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 24 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 25 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help