I am looking for ideas on where to go in Europe first/second week in August. Yes, I know its late, but unfortunately work schedule dictates it!
I rarely travel in August, as I can’t stand heat – I am melting here in London right now in temperatures of 30 degrees, which is pretty well as hot as I can take it. Therefore, I need to stick to the northern region.
I would welcome your advice on some of my initial thoughts. My primary interests are art and architecture, which dictates a city, but might also consider a week at a cooking school or something like that. I am not a beach-holiday person – I need lots of activity. I might hire a car, but am more inclined to base myself in one location and take day-trips by public transportation.
Some initial thoughts:
Berlin: Never been, but have heard it is a wonderful city. What would the weather be like?
Northern Spain: I have been several times, driving from the Basque country to Santiago de Compostela. Loved it immensely and the weather was perfect for me in late July. If I base myself in Bilbao, would I be able to fill my days with day trips to other towns/cities? What other cities should I consider?
Northern France: I have driven around Brittany. If I decide not to drive, where should I base myself?
Lisbon: I have always wanted to visit, but would it be too hot?
Apologies for the vagueness, but I am really stymied, and have little time to plan. I thank you in advance for your time in helping me decide.
Best regards .. Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips to Florence, Venice - Any Recommended Tour Companies
- 2 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 3 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 4 3 Wake-up calls
- 5 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 6 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 7 Lazing it in Lisbon; Notes and Rambling Thoughts from and Extended Stay
- 8 Switzerland in 8 days
- 9 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 10 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 11 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 12 Taxis G7: need help in creating account
- 13 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 14 Yummy Swiss bites
- 15 EU Roaming charges / SIM card
- 16 Scotland Itinerary
- 17 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 18 10 nights in France
- 19 2 London theatre recommendations
- 20 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 21 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 22 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 23 Croatia Itenerary
- 24 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 25 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy