I've been very busy packing and reading up, less than 2 weeks to go!!!!! and yes, I know I've left this to the last minute...
I've checked out a few sites recommended on other threads (like 'Slowtrav') which have been very helpful. It sounds like my older GSM phone (Nokia 6120) will be the thing to use for this trip. We also have an iphone4 that I'm hoping to get a SIM for and I think it's unlocked but not sure about that ones frequencies yet. (We have used our own carrier before but the roaming charges now are astronomical!)
Just looking for some suggested shops (preferably near St Michel) where I might be able to purchase the said SIM. I'm hoping to get a SIM that will be suitable for France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Italy.
I know I'm pushing it but if the shop has staff who speak English, that would no doublt be a BIG bonus! Merci beaucoup, Veilen dank, Grazie mille....JT
Where to get a Europe SIM card for GSM mobile in Paris.
- 1 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 2 Florence in October
- 3 first european holiday itinery
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Family European winter holiday
- 6 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 7 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 8 Advises for trip to Russia
- 9 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 10 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 11 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 12 Which travel plan?
- 13 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 14 Car in Prague
- 15 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 16 Planning a holiday
- 17 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 20 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 21 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 22 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 23 Traveling within Italy
- 24 London for Christmas
- 25 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?