I've been very busy packing and reading up, less than 2 weeks to go!!!!! and yes, I know I've left this to the last minute...
I've checked out a few sites recommended on other threads (like 'Slowtrav') which have been very helpful. It sounds like my older GSM phone (Nokia 6120) will be the thing to use for this trip. We also have an iphone4 that I'm hoping to get a SIM for and I think it's unlocked but not sure about that ones frequencies yet. (We have used our own carrier before but the roaming charges now are astronomical!)
Just looking for some suggested shops (preferably near St Michel) where I might be able to purchase the said SIM. I'm hoping to get a SIM that will be suitable for France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Italy.
I know I'm pushing it but if the shop has staff who speak English, that would no doublt be a BIG bonus! Merci beaucoup, Veilen dank, Grazie mille....JT
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 2 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 3 Hair Straightener
- 4 Tour or independent
- 5 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 6 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 7 What to see in Dresden...
- 8 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 9 10 days in Germany
- 10 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 11 Vet my itinerary
- 12 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 13 Italy - best two central locations
- 14 Warsaw Hotel Questions
- 15 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 16 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 17 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 19 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 20 Backpacking/Train Travel in Europe
- 21 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 22 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 23 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 24 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 25 Lisbon Rental Car Pickup Location