I've been very busy packing and reading up, less than 2 weeks to go!!!!! and yes, I know I've left this to the last minute...
I've checked out a few sites recommended on other threads (like 'Slowtrav') which have been very helpful. It sounds like my older GSM phone (Nokia 6120) will be the thing to use for this trip. We also have an iphone4 that I'm hoping to get a SIM for and I think it's unlocked but not sure about that ones frequencies yet. (We have used our own carrier before but the roaming charges now are astronomical!)
Just looking for some suggested shops (preferably near St Michel) where I might be able to purchase the said SIM. I'm hoping to get a SIM that will be suitable for France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Italy.
I know I'm pushing it but if the shop has staff who speak English, that would no doublt be a BIG bonus! Merci beaucoup, Veilen dank, Grazie mille....JT
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dentix in Spain
- 2 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 3 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 4 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 5 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 6 First trip - destination advice!
- 7 How big backpack do I need?
- 8 Norway Itinerary and recommendations?
- 9 Munich Under Attack...
- 10 Trip Report: Bergen-Andalsnes-Oslo (June/July 2016)
- 11 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 12 Spain in November
- 13 Stonehenge and Bath
- 14 Path of the Gods Question
- 15 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 16 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 17 Should I speculate?
- 18 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 19 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 20 Prague on a budget...
- 21 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 22 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 23 Le Marche Sept./Oct.
- 24 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 25 Istanbul - Would you go there?