I've been very busy packing and reading up, less than 2 weeks to go!!!!! and yes, I know I've left this to the last minute...
I've checked out a few sites recommended on other threads (like 'Slowtrav') which have been very helpful. It sounds like my older GSM phone (Nokia 6120) will be the thing to use for this trip. We also have an iphone4 that I'm hoping to get a SIM for and I think it's unlocked but not sure about that ones frequencies yet. (We have used our own carrier before but the roaming charges now are astronomical!)
Just looking for some suggested shops (preferably near St Michel) where I might be able to purchase the said SIM. I'm hoping to get a SIM that will be suitable for France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Italy.
I know I'm pushing it but if the shop has staff who speak English, that would no doublt be a BIG bonus! Merci beaucoup, Veilen dank, Grazie mille....JT
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 2 Greece and Italy Combo
- 3 Help with basic itinerary
- 4 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 5 Final Four
- 6 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 7 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 8 Where are the Mods?
- 9 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 10 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 11 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 12 Visit to Engand
- 13 Cinqueterre
- 14 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 15 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 18 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 19 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 20 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 21 Cornwall UK
- 22 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 23 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 24 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 25 Short Trip to Paris