We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 2 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 3 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 4 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 5 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 6 http://musclegainup.com/skinnoir/
- 7 A few last minute questions
- 8 36 Hours in Venice
- 9 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 10 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 11 http://www.prohealthguides.com/nucific-bio-x4/
- 12 http://thedropnet.com/nucific-bio-x4/
- 13 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 14 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 15 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 16 Prague & Croatia
- 17 Help! Off to Dubrovnik tonight
- 18 Florence airport costumes
- 19 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 20 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 21 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 22 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 23 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 24 ANDALUCIA IN AUTUMN
- 25 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris