We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 2 London and Normandy
- 3 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 5 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 6 Paris and Normandy
- 7 rent muscle car in Norway
- 8 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 9 How do I private message a person?
- 10 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 11 Burgundy and Lyon
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #173
- 13 Hotel or aparthotel recommendations in Lyon?
- 14 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 15 best boucherons in Lyon?
- 16 Switzerland 7 days from Zurich
- 17 Visiting Lyon
- 18 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 19 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 20 sommerrodelbahn (luge, bobsled, toboggan, alpine coaster) near Salzburg?
- 21 Athens International Airport customs and baggage reclaim
- 22 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 23 Need help with 3 days in Salzburg area
- 24 weekend trip lodging
- 25 Agriturismo with train access to Florence