We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Where to base ourselves St.Wolfgang or ??
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 3 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 4 Prague - must see
- 5 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 6 Car in Prague
- 7 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 8 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 9 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 10 Internet in Vienna, Budapest, Krakow and Prague
- 11 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 12 is train travel okay between prague to vienna
- 13 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 14 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 15 Hotels In Prague in Old Town, Less Quarter, Castle Area or New Town
- 16 One more last question on Bayeux
- 17 Prague: hotels Golden Well vs Pachtuv Palace? anyone there recently?
- 18 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 19 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 20 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 21 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 22 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 23 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question