We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tirano to Paris via bernina express in 1 day
- 2 Rome Private Tours
- 3 Questions about regionale trains
- 4 15 nights in Italy
- 5 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 6 5 Days in Provence
- 7 Leather "warehouse" between Kudassi and Seluck
- 8 Rome Sistine Chapel Night Tour
- 9 5 top Scams in Paris
- 10 RHK's Spring Trip
- 11 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 12 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 13 Croatia Trip Report Part 1
- 14 Finalizing Itinerary
- 15 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 16 Venice to split croatia
- 17 Malaga Train Station Car Drop off
- 18 Euro Quiz # 104 - Memorial Day...
- 19 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 20 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz
- 21 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 22 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 23 Athens Hotels Plaka
- 24 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy
- 25 A day in Killarney