We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Where to base ourselves St.Wolfgang or ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Day Trip to Italy
- 2 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 3 Family travel to Paris and Alps
- 4 Napoli logistics
- 5 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 6 Central Europe - 16 Days
- 7 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 8 Hotel in Lisbon
- 9 Where to honeymoon in Southern France and Northern Italy?
- 10 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 11 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 12 One night somewhere between Zurich and Geneva
- 13 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 14 Florence during Holy Week
- 15 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 16 Leaving Tomorrow need some last minute advice
- 17 Istanbul's Prince's Islands
- 18 Paris on Palm Sunday and Easter
- 19 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 20 Restaurant Recommendations - Pula or Rovinj
- 21 Train tickets France and Spain
- 22 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 23 Resto recs for Valencia, Barc, Girona, Montpellier, St. Saturnin, Antibes
- 24 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 25 Leaving tomorrow and need last minite advice