We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.besthealthmarket.org/t-volve-testosterone-booster/
- 2 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 3 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 4 electrical activity is described
- 5 Spain Itinerary Help
- 6 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 7 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 8 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 9 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 10 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 11 Beaches in Southern France
- 12 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 13 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 14 Ali
- 15 Drinks in Spain
- 16 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 17 Gelato course in Rome?
- 18 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 19 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 20 Too much for one day?
- 21 Travel WiFi - France
- 22 Norfolk base
- 23 Lipari to Capri??
- 24 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 25 Iceland Trip report