We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verizon Installation CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Iceland france spain
- 3 Ex-pats with young kids
- 4 Maximizing Norway time
- 5 Greece
- 6 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 7 southeast sicily town as home base
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 10 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 11 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 12 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 13 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 14 London with Teens Trip Report
- 15 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 16 Top Tapas Tascas
- 17 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 18 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 19 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 20 Iceland car rental agencies
- 21 Ludwig Castles
- 22 Best Viking Sites
- 23 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 24 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living