We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona Car rental return
- 2 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 3 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 4 Greece Experts
- 5 Xtrcut @ http://nuvieskincareserum.com/xtrcut/
- 6 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 7 Dover queues
- 8 http://www.healthyminimarket.com/hollywood-smiles/
- 9 Puglia
- 10 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 11 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 12 Itinerary help please!
- 13 AVE train tickets questions.
- 14 Manchester on derby weekend
- 15 Naples or Genoa
- 16 Visiting the Black Forest
- 17 Barcelona to Morocco
- 18 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 19 France to stop making foie grois
- 20 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 21 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 22 Car hire
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 25 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece