We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best location to stay in Seville
- 2 Shipping Packages
- 3 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 4 Paris Christmas Lights...Crowds?
- 5 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 6 Calm base in Italy, Beginning of October
- 7 (Frankfurt Airport) Immigration, Luggage & S Bahn at Regional Bahnhoff
- 8 iPHone 6 use in Paris, with ATT?
- 9 House/villa in Italy or France
- 10 Ways to get from Prague to Frankfurt?
- 11 Why Are We NOT Packed Yet? Munich, Verona, Stresa, Edinburgh, and London
- 12 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 13 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 14 So So Excited for Greece trip!
- 15 Barcelona - senior discounts?
- 16 Train/Subway Questions
- 17 Debit card usage in Norway
- 18 Stay in Florence or smaller hill town in Tuscany?
- 19 Need help in choosing a hotel in Rome for family of 4
- 20 URGENT HELP NEEDED: French Rivieria one day
- 21 Civray (Charente) in France worth visiting?
- 22 Portugal - need help with planning
- 23 Suggestions Algarve beachfront hotel?
- 24 Paris IV: a day trip to Chartres with lots of lessons
- 25 Portugal Itinerary - any advice?