We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If we have to eat dinner in sultanhamet
- 2 Puglia and Matera
- 3 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 4 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 5 5 days in Germany - Travel advice needed
- 6 Fodor Forum Valuable
- 7 Transportation from Dublin airport to Shelboourne Hotel
- 8 Day Trip From London
- 9 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 10 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 11 French towns in autumn
- 12 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 13 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 14 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 15 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 16 What area of Venice to stay?
- 17 la spezia vs. levanto
- 18 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 19 Southern Puglia Italy
- 20 Art History lover - itinerary help
- 21 Toulouse Metro & Train Station
- 22 Ljubljana – Trieste – Croatia – Itinerary and Car Rental Questions
- 23 Travel help laundary
- 24 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 25 Bernese Oberland or Engadin