We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Where to base ourselves St.Wolfgang or ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 2 Berlin: evening dining
- 3 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 4 bicycling garmisch oberammergau fussen
- 5 10-day Europe Trip (5-15June)
- 6 Immigration Procedures
- 7 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 8 In Paris on my own
- 9 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 10 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 11 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 12 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 13 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 14 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 15 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 16 Buying Prado Museum tickets online
- 17 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 18 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 19 Andalucia itinerary help
- 20 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 21 Hotel in Paris
- 22 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 23 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 24 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 25 Belgium for 4 nights by train