We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite restaurant on Dordogne River
- 2 Croatia Itenerary
- 3 Shopping in Paris
- 4 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 5 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 6 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 7 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 8 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 9 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 10 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 11 Rome and Venice in December
- 12 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 13 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 14 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 15 Safest way to get to Dunkerque from Calais ferry terminal
- 16 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 17 Brussels Airport
- 18 spanish winery region(s)
- 19 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 20 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 21 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 22 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 23 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 24 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 25 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?