We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Apartment Rental Using SleepInItaly, Airbnb or RentalInRome?
- 2 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 3 Italy + Greece + Croatia
- 4 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 5 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 6 Holiday in Europe
- 7 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 8 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 9 Hostel Advice
- 10 Romanhomes.com - looking for RECENT info, please
- 11 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 12 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 13 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 14 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 15 Hertz Never Lost
- 16 Seville Hotels - September 2016
- 17 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 18 Fivizzano; near Aulla, Italy
- 19 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 20 Hotel Modigliani or Hotel Santa Maria (Rome)
- 21 First Time Europe Trip
- 22 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 23 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 24 student in denmark
- 25 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands