We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 2 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 3 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 4 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 5 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 6 Advices about our itiniary
- 7 Why Not Helsinki?
- 8 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 9 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 10 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 11 Inverness Northern Lights?
- 12 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 13 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 14 Places to visit staying in Como
- 15 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 16 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 17 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 18 Mona Lisait Returns
- 19 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 20 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 21 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 22 Morning in paris
- 23 Paris Under Seige...
- 24 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 25 Itinerary help