We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 2 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 3 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 4 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 5 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 6 Rue des Rosiers
- 7 What one thing in Paris?
- 8 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 9 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 10 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 11 First Trip to Europe!
- 12 Switzerland in mid-April
- 13 sfo to europe
- 14 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 15 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 16 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 17 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 18 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 19 Car rental leaving Rome
- 20 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 21 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 22 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 23 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 24 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 25 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe