We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Where to base ourselves St.Wolfgang or ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 2 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 5 7 days in Greece
- 6 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 7 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 8 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 9 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 10 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 11 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 12 Spain itineraries
- 13 Itinerary Help!
- 14 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 15 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 16 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 17 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 18 Scotland
- 19 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 20 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 21 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 22 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 23 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 24 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium