We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Where to base ourselves St.Wolfgang or ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 2 Southern Spain
- 3 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 4 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 5 Reputable Tours
- 6 Is my plan ok
- 7 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 8 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 9 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 10 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 11 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 12 Ideas for Spain in May
- 13 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 14 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 15 Portugal Trip
- 16 Looking for help on itinerary for trip to Croatia+
- 17 5 Observations About Paris
- 18 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 19 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 20 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 21 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 22 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 23 Itinerary for Greece in 9 Days -in June
- 24 Short notice for input needed for Munich, Vienna, Prague and Berlin
- 25 driving in france with kids