We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Enjoying England for a year!
- 2 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 3 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 4 Greece Itinerary
- 5 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 6 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 7 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 8 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 9 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 10 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 11 Barcelona Car rental return
- 12 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 13 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 14 All of Spain or something else..?
- 15 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 16 Madrid city centre?
- 17 Greece Experts
- 18 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 19 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 20 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 21 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 22 Italy emergency numbers, which one
- 23 gare de nord
- 24 BIKE AND BARGE
- 25 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid