We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Where to base ourselves St.Wolfgang or ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 2 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 3 London neighborhood suggestions
- 4 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 5 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 6 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 7 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 8 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 9 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 10 What to wear
- 11 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 12 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 13 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 14 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 15 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 16 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 17 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 18 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 19 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 20 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 21 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 22 german rail ticket question
- 23 Tipping in Greece
- 24 Fashion for larger man?
- 25 Italy and France in 20 Days