My husband and I are going to Italy for 3 weeks for our honeymoon in October to early November. We have purchased our flights and have a general itinerary. Before we start booking B&Bs and hotels however, we would love input as to where to spend more time or if we should eliminate a place or two all together. Any other suggestions would be great as well.
Here is our planned, but flexible, itinerary:
Fly into Venice, stay 4 nights
Rail to Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre, Pisa,a nd surrounding area, stay 2 nights
Rail to Florence
Florence, stay 2 nights
Rent Car in Florence
Trip through Tuscany region (Chianti, Siena), stay 5 nights
Rail or Drive to Amalfi Coast????
Ferry to Capri, stay 2 nights
Ferry to Positano, stay 1 night
Rail or Drive to Rome????
Rome, stay 4 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 2 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 3 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 4 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 5 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 6 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 7 Airport Transfer - Palma Mallorca
- 8 Basilicata region of southern Italy, also known as Lucania
- 9 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 10 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 11 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 12 Madrid airport question
- 13 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 14 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 17 vegetarian in spain
- 18 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 19 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 22 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 23 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 24 Imbros Gorge
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing