My husband and I are going to Italy for 3 weeks for our honeymoon in October to early November. We have purchased our flights and have a general itinerary. Before we start booking B&Bs and hotels however, we would love input as to where to spend more time or if we should eliminate a place or two all together. Any other suggestions would be great as well.
Here is our planned, but flexible, itinerary:
Fly into Venice, stay 4 nights
Rail to Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre, Pisa,a nd surrounding area, stay 2 nights
Rail to Florence
Florence, stay 2 nights
Rent Car in Florence
Trip through Tuscany region (Chianti, Siena), stay 5 nights
Rail or Drive to Amalfi Coast????
Ferry to Capri, stay 2 nights
Ferry to Positano, stay 1 night
Rail or Drive to Rome????
Rome, stay 4 nights
Where should we spend more time?
- 1 London Evening Activity
- 2 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 3 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 4 Almalfi in Late March??
- 5 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 6 Where to Buy Marionettes in Prague?
- 7 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 8 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 9 Planning my days in Paris
- 10 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 11 Four Days in Seville
- 12 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 13 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 14 Palace of Versailles guided tours
- 15 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 16 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 17 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 18 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 19 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 20 I'd like to visit Sicily
- 21 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 22 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 23 Retirement Vacation
- 24 UK flexipass best option?
- 25 If your passport is stuck in Charleston