My husband and I are going to Italy for 3 weeks for our honeymoon in October to early November. We have purchased our flights and have a general itinerary. Before we start booking B&Bs and hotels however, we would love input as to where to spend more time or if we should eliminate a place or two all together. Any other suggestions would be great as well.
Here is our planned, but flexible, itinerary:
Fly into Venice, stay 4 nights
Rail to Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre, Pisa,a nd surrounding area, stay 2 nights
Rail to Florence
Florence, stay 2 nights
Rent Car in Florence
Trip through Tuscany region (Chianti, Siena), stay 5 nights
Rail or Drive to Amalfi Coast????
Ferry to Capri, stay 2 nights
Ferry to Positano, stay 1 night
Rail or Drive to Rome????
Rome, stay 4 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Countryside
- 2 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 3 Paris Shuttle Service - AVOID!!!!
- 4 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 5 Trains in Alps and UK
- 6 CDG airport and connection time
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 10 San Sebastian
- 11 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 12 car for four adults and four bikes
- 13 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 14 Barcelona cooking classes
- 15 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 16 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 17 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 18 4 days itinerary for France
- 19 French restaurants
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 25 Itinerary and transportation suggestions