My husband and I are going to Italy for 3 weeks for our honeymoon in October to early November. We have purchased our flights and have a general itinerary. Before we start booking B&Bs and hotels however, we would love input as to where to spend more time or if we should eliminate a place or two all together. Any other suggestions would be great as well.
Here is our planned, but flexible, itinerary:
Fly into Venice, stay 4 nights
Rail to Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre, Pisa,a nd surrounding area, stay 2 nights
Rail to Florence
Florence, stay 2 nights
Rent Car in Florence
Trip through Tuscany region (Chianti, Siena), stay 5 nights
Rail or Drive to Amalfi Coast????
Ferry to Capri, stay 2 nights
Ferry to Positano, stay 1 night
Rail or Drive to Rome????
Rome, stay 4 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 4 9 Days in Spain
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Driving through Paris
- 13 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 14 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 22 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 25 Electrical Power Conversion