My partner and I will be attending a conference in Belgium from July 13-19. We plan to spend an additional 7-10 days in Europe, but are having trouble deciding where to go. This will be my partner's first trip abroad, while I've previously been to Spain, England, France, Italy, and the Netherlands.
We live in Seattle, so ideally we'd like to choose a destination with plenty of sunlight and good weather. Somewhere on the coast would be wonderful, but given the fact that it will be the high season, I'm a bit concerned that anywhere near a beach will be too overcrowded for us to fully enjoy.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a place/places that are easily accessible either to or from Belgium, offer plenty of history/culture, won't be too overcrowded, and where we can find affordable accommodation? Also, any suggestions on whether we should plan to do our traveling before or after our conference? The two tentative blocks of time we are considering are either July 4-23ish or July 11-30ish. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Where should we spend a week in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 2 Paris in April?
- 3 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 4 car rental companies Italy
- 5 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 6 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 7 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 8 Toulouse and beyond -
- 9 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 10 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 11 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 12 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 13 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 14 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 15 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 16 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 17 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 18 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?
- 19 A drive in Europe
- 20 London hotel
- 21 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 22 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 23 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 24 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 25 Train Options - Lisbon to Porto