My partner and I will be attending a conference in Belgium from July 13-19. We plan to spend an additional 7-10 days in Europe, but are having trouble deciding where to go. This will be my partner's first trip abroad, while I've previously been to Spain, England, France, Italy, and the Netherlands.
We live in Seattle, so ideally we'd like to choose a destination with plenty of sunlight and good weather. Somewhere on the coast would be wonderful, but given the fact that it will be the high season, I'm a bit concerned that anywhere near a beach will be too overcrowded for us to fully enjoy.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a place/places that are easily accessible either to or from Belgium, offer plenty of history/culture, won't be too overcrowded, and where we can find affordable accommodation? Also, any suggestions on whether we should plan to do our traveling before or after our conference? The two tentative blocks of time we are considering are either July 4-23ish or July 11-30ish. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인 릴 게임 사이트 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 2 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 3 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 4 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 5 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 6 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 7 Tuscany First Time
- 8 Iceland car rental agencies
- 9 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 10 Bordeaux neighborhoods
- 11 Switzerland in October
- 12 Help on ancient history route
- 13 Italy in January?
- 14 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 15 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 16 2 days in Lugano area
- 17 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 18 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 19 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Recommendations
- 22 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 23 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 24 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 25 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy