My partner and I will be attending a conference in Belgium from July 13-19. We plan to spend an additional 7-10 days in Europe, but are having trouble deciding where to go. This will be my partner's first trip abroad, while I've previously been to Spain, England, France, Italy, and the Netherlands.
We live in Seattle, so ideally we'd like to choose a destination with plenty of sunlight and good weather. Somewhere on the coast would be wonderful, but given the fact that it will be the high season, I'm a bit concerned that anywhere near a beach will be too overcrowded for us to fully enjoy.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a place/places that are easily accessible either to or from Belgium, offer plenty of history/culture, won't be too overcrowded, and where we can find affordable accommodation? Also, any suggestions on whether we should plan to do our traveling before or after our conference? The two tentative blocks of time we are considering are either July 4-23ish or July 11-30ish. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Where should we spend a week in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 2 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 3 Estonia Amber
- 4 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 5 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 6 What are the best places to see in England
- 7 TRAVEL TURKEY
- 8 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 9 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 10 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 11 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- 12 Heli Tour
- 13 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 14 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 15 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 16 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 17 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 18 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 19 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 20 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 21 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 22 Tight Planning?
- 23 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 24 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 25 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please