My partner and I will be attending a conference in Belgium from July 13-19. We plan to spend an additional 7-10 days in Europe, but are having trouble deciding where to go. This will be my partner's first trip abroad, while I've previously been to Spain, England, France, Italy, and the Netherlands.
We live in Seattle, so ideally we'd like to choose a destination with plenty of sunlight and good weather. Somewhere on the coast would be wonderful, but given the fact that it will be the high season, I'm a bit concerned that anywhere near a beach will be too overcrowded for us to fully enjoy.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a place/places that are easily accessible either to or from Belgium, offer plenty of history/culture, won't be too overcrowded, and where we can find affordable accommodation? Also, any suggestions on whether we should plan to do our traveling before or after our conference? The two tentative blocks of time we are considering are either July 4-23ish or July 11-30ish. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 2 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 3 Need Information about French Alps
- 4 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 5 Trip to Rome
- 6 Best Indian Food
- 7 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 8 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 9 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 10 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 11 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 12 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Piedmont as a destination
- 15 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 dinner jackets
- 19 France Itinerary Advice
- 20 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 21 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 22 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 23 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 24 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing