My partner and I will be attending a conference in Belgium from July 13-19. We plan to spend an additional 7-10 days in Europe, but are having trouble deciding where to go. This will be my partner's first trip abroad, while I've previously been to Spain, England, France, Italy, and the Netherlands.
We live in Seattle, so ideally we'd like to choose a destination with plenty of sunlight and good weather. Somewhere on the coast would be wonderful, but given the fact that it will be the high season, I'm a bit concerned that anywhere near a beach will be too overcrowded for us to fully enjoy.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a place/places that are easily accessible either to or from Belgium, offer plenty of history/culture, won't be too overcrowded, and where we can find affordable accommodation? Also, any suggestions on whether we should plan to do our traveling before or after our conference? The two tentative blocks of time we are considering are either July 4-23ish or July 11-30ish. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 2 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 3 https://thebeautysystem.com/secret-allure-cream
- 4 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 5 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 6 Italy and Croatia in 20 days - I need a rough itinerary please
- 7 who is in amsterdam?
- 8 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 9 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 10 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 11 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 12 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 13 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 14 Italy/Croatia Potential Itinerary Advice?
- 15 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 16 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 17 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 18 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 19 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 20 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 21 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 22 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 23 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 24 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 25 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?