I am looking for suggestions on where to take our 3 kids (11, 9, 6) for a 2wk European vacation. Probably looking at next summer-Julyish, or the following spring.
Tried to convince DH to do a home exchange, but he's just not comfortable. We think we would like to do a home rental and explore one location, but reasonable travel would not be out of the question. Also, we would like to keep the costs in check.
Provence, Dordogne and Tuscany have been mentioned, but I would love your advice. Went to Spain last year so that is out.
Where should the Griswolds' go? Best European FAMILY vacations
- 1 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 2 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 3 rent car / Munich
- 4 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 Italian Lakes gardens
- 7 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 8 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 9 Greek islands from Turkey
- 10 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 11 Chambermaid tipping
- 12 TGV and Provence questions
- 13 Novels set in Greece
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 18 More help with housing in Puglia
- 19 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Rome Accommodation
- 24 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 25 Travel from Prague to Basel