We are a retired couple who Is considering a month in Europe to get away from a brutal winter such as last year in Minnesota.. Probably Feb or March. Yes, I know we could go to FL or AZ, but we love Europe. We have visited many of the cities we are considering, but that is not a problem. We would rent an apartment and probably do some side trips. Would prefer a city so we can use public transportation and would travel by train for overnights. Not really interested in renting a car. The warmer climates of Rome, Barcelona or Athens are appealing; but, then there is always the allure of Paris. By staying a month we would clearly be trying to live like a local and not be the museum stalkers we usually are on a daily basis, so there has to be something cheap, but interesting to grab our attention during many of the daytime hours. We do not have unlimited funds, but will certainly take advantage of much our home away from home offers.
Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 2 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 3 London - Bar or Club to hear Live Soul/R&B Music
- 4 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 5 4 days in Scotland
- 6 Airb2b in Paris
- 7 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 8 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 9 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 10 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 11 Seaplane service
- 12 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 13 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 14 scotland trave;
- 15 Venice tourist travel pass
- 16 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 17 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 18 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 19 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 20 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 21 Iceland wedding
- 22 Best of Southern France, your favorites?
- 23 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement
- 24 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 25 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband