I am going to Europe with my two children (ages 24 and 26). We are flying in to Manchester May 22 and returning July 6. The first leg of the journey will be Ireland and Scotland (we have already visited London). We will then proceed to Amsterdam or Brussels and eventually Barcelona - Venice on a cruise.
My original thought was to take the train to Glasgow from Manchester airport, rent a car in Glasgow and go north, returning back to Edinburgh and flying to Dublin (or leave Edinburgh returning to Glasgow).
Now I am wondering if I should go to Dublin, rent car, drive around southern area, return to Dublin and fly to Glasgow or Edinburgh.
I would love to hear your opinion of which I should do first.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 5 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 6 Vigo Spain????
- 7 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 8 Paris in August
- 9 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 10 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 11 Visiting Zurich
- 12 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 13 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 14 Christmas in Spain
- 15 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 16 Train travel to and from Paris
- 17 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 18 Zadar or Sibenik
- 19 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 20 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 21 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 22 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 23 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 24 Driving in Italy
- 25 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning