I am going to Europe with my two children (ages 24 and 26). We are flying in to Manchester May 22 and returning July 6. The first leg of the journey will be Ireland and Scotland (we have already visited London). We will then proceed to Amsterdam or Brussels and eventually Barcelona - Venice on a cruise.
My original thought was to take the train to Glasgow from Manchester airport, rent a car in Glasgow and go north, returning back to Edinburgh and flying to Dublin (or leave Edinburgh returning to Glasgow).
Now I am wondering if I should go to Dublin, rent car, drive around southern area, return to Dublin and fly to Glasgow or Edinburgh.
I would love to hear your opinion of which I should do first.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 2 Tour groups
- 3 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 4 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 5 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 6 Ireland in April
- 7 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 8 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 11 So much to do, so little time!
- 12 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 13 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 14 Baby Milk
- 15 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 16 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 17 French restaurants
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Driving in Italy?
- 21 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 22 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 23 Super Cover For Hertz
- 24 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 25 Amalfi coast hotel recs