I am going to Europe with my two children (ages 24 and 26). We are flying in to Manchester May 22 and returning July 6. The first leg of the journey will be Ireland and Scotland (we have already visited London). We will then proceed to Amsterdam or Brussels and eventually Barcelona - Venice on a cruise.
My original thought was to take the train to Glasgow from Manchester airport, rent a car in Glasgow and go north, returning back to Edinburgh and flying to Dublin (or leave Edinburgh returning to Glasgow).
Now I am wondering if I should go to Dublin, rent car, drive around southern area, return to Dublin and fly to Glasgow or Edinburgh.
I would love to hear your opinion of which I should do first.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Korean Messages
- 2 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 3 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 4 Budapest in December 2017
- 5 Traveling eperience and the difficulties involved
- 6 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 9 Acropolis Athens
- 10 5 Days in Switzerland
- 11 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 12 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 13 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 14 6-7 Days in France
- 15 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 16 Another tipping question: concierges
- 17 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 18 We're here!
- 19 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 20 Getting to Bolivia
- 21 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 22 Rental Car for Day Trip from Antalya to Pamukkale/Hierapolis?
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 25 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins