I am going to Europe with my two children (ages 24 and 26). We are flying in to Manchester May 22 and returning July 6. The first leg of the journey will be Ireland and Scotland (we have already visited London). We will then proceed to Amsterdam or Brussels and eventually Barcelona - Venice on a cruise.
My original thought was to take the train to Glasgow from Manchester airport, rent a car in Glasgow and go north, returning back to Edinburgh and flying to Dublin (or leave Edinburgh returning to Glasgow).
Now I am wondering if I should go to Dublin, rent car, drive around southern area, return to Dublin and fly to Glasgow or Edinburgh.
I would love to hear your opinion of which I should do first.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 2 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 8 Madrid/Lisbon
- 9 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Greek fuel cost
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 14 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 15 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 16 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 17 Day trips from Florence
- 18 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 23 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 24 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 25 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old