I am going to Europe with my two children (ages 24 and 26). We are flying in to Manchester May 22 and returning July 6. The first leg of the journey will be Ireland and Scotland (we have already visited London). We will then proceed to Amsterdam or Brussels and eventually Barcelona - Venice on a cruise.
My original thought was to take the train to Glasgow from Manchester airport, rent a car in Glasgow and go north, returning back to Edinburgh and flying to Dublin (or leave Edinburgh returning to Glasgow).
Now I am wondering if I should go to Dublin, rent car, drive around southern area, return to Dublin and fly to Glasgow or Edinburgh.
I would love to hear your opinion of which I should do first.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 4 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 5 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 6 Rome or Venice first
- 7 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 8 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 celticmoon, a quick question
- 11 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 15 B&B in Ireland
- 16 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 17 Europe First Timers
- 18 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 21 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 22 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 23 Greek Village
- 24 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece