My partner and I will be arriving at LHR (Heathrow) in the morning sometime in June. We will be picking up a hire car and driving straight to Glastonbury (actually Pilton) in Somerset where we will be camping in a rather large field with a few hundred thousand other people (Glasto music festival for those who have no idea what I'm talking about) for a week. We need two phones and two sim cards. We are not in a place at the moment where we can buy phones as the phones are locked in our current country of residence.
Can I buy phones and sims at LHR (I think we're flying into Terminal 4)?
Alternatively, does anyone know if one can purchase phones and sim cards at service stations along the way? We'll be driving West along the M3 and then on to the A303.
We're driving away from the urban sprawl into the fields, and I'm wondering whether it is going to be possible to get phones and sims?
Very grateful for any tips/knowledge on this matter.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 Itinerary Tweaking
- 3 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 4 Amalfi Coast help
- 5 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 6 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 7 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 8 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 9 Itinerary Help
- 10 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 11 House Hunting in France
- 12 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 13 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 14 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 15 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 16 If you had to choose one......
- 17 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 18 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 19 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 20 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 21 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 22 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 23 Portugal with large family
- 24 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 25 Help with Ireland itinerary
Where can I buy phones and sim cards between Heathrow and Glastonbury?