I will be spending three nights in Normandy with my wife and 10 year old son in late August. My uncle was shot on Normandy Beach during the invasion 3 times. He lived to a ripe age of 86. My wife and I visited Normanday 15 years ago. This time we are bringing along our 10 year old son. Some of the surrounding castles would be of interest to our 10 year old as well. After our stay in Normandy, we will be taking the train to Zurich. Is Caen the best place for us to stay? It appears there are guided tours with van pick up.. Is this the best way to see the landing beaches or would simply renting a car and going ourselves be better? Would it be better to stay elswhere? It appears Caen is an easy train access from Paris, where we will begin our trip. Moving to multiple hotels is usually not the best plan with a 10 year old. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Wher to Stay for Normandy Beaches and Castles?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 2 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 3 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 4 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 5 20 days in Germany
- 6 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 7 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 8 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 9 England and Scotland
- 10 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 11 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 12 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 13 Athens/Istanbul March
- 14 French open
- 15 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 16 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 17 Azores
- 18 Trains in Italy
- 19 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 20 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 21 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 22 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 23 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 24 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 25 Air pollution in Paris