I will be spending three nights in Normandy with my wife and 10 year old son in late August. My uncle was shot on Normandy Beach during the invasion 3 times. He lived to a ripe age of 86. My wife and I visited Normanday 15 years ago. This time we are bringing along our 10 year old son. Some of the surrounding castles would be of interest to our 10 year old as well. After our stay in Normandy, we will be taking the train to Zurich. Is Caen the best place for us to stay? It appears there are guided tours with van pick up.. Is this the best way to see the landing beaches or would simply renting a car and going ourselves be better? Would it be better to stay elswhere? It appears Caen is an easy train access from Paris, where we will begin our trip. Moving to multiple hotels is usually not the best plan with a 10 year old. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Wher to Stay for Normandy Beaches and Castles?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 2 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 3 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 4 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 5 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 6 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 7 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 8 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 9 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 10 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 11 yk's Trip Report - 11 days of Art Nouveau in Vienna & Budapest Spring 2009
- 12 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 13 Restaurants or Cafes to Recommend in Fontainebleau?
- 14 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 15 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 16 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 17 European Trivial Trivia!
- 18 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 19 Eleanor's Pages
- 20 English ruined castles
- 21 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 22 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 23 Dresden restaurant recs: December 2014
- 24 Luggage sizing
- 25 Scuol, Switzerland