I will be spending three nights in Normandy with my wife and 10 year old son in late August. My uncle was shot on Normandy Beach during the invasion 3 times. He lived to a ripe age of 86. My wife and I visited Normanday 15 years ago. This time we are bringing along our 10 year old son. Some of the surrounding castles would be of interest to our 10 year old as well. After our stay in Normandy, we will be taking the train to Zurich. Is Caen the best place for us to stay? It appears there are guided tours with van pick up.. Is this the best way to see the landing beaches or would simply renting a car and going ourselves be better? Would it be better to stay elswhere? It appears Caen is an easy train access from Paris, where we will begin our trip. Moving to multiple hotels is usually not the best plan with a 10 year old. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Wher to Stay for Normandy Beaches and Castles?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 6 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 7 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 8 River cruises
- 9 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 10 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 11 7 days in Andalucia
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 13 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 14 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 15 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 16 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 17 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 18 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 19 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 20 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 21 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 24 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 25 Belgium