I will be spending three nights in Normandy with my wife and 10 year old son in late August. My uncle was shot on Normandy Beach during the invasion 3 times. He lived to a ripe age of 86. My wife and I visited Normanday 15 years ago. This time we are bringing along our 10 year old son. Some of the surrounding castles would be of interest to our 10 year old as well. After our stay in Normandy, we will be taking the train to Zurich. Is Caen the best place for us to stay? It appears there are guided tours with van pick up.. Is this the best way to see the landing beaches or would simply renting a car and going ourselves be better? Would it be better to stay elswhere? It appears Caen is an easy train access from Paris, where we will begin our trip. Moving to multiple hotels is usually not the best plan with a 10 year old. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Wher to Stay for Normandy Beaches and Castles?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Crete Ancient sites
- 2 Hotel in Rome?
- 3 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 4 Amsterdam: My list of things to do/see is ready - Pls help in daily planning
- 5 A full week in The Netherlands
- 6 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 7 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 8 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 9 Glasgow to Brody Ferry Scotland
- 10 Rail or Bus Travel in Italy
- 11 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 12 Venice-Milan Airport Woes
- 13 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 14 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 15 Travel from Berlin To Paris by train. good places to visit in Paris (tips)
- 16 I went to Paris in June
- 17 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 18 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 19 Spending money in Italy?
- 20 Luggage advice
- 21 Ireland driving vacation
- 22 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 23 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 24 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 25 A week in the South of France Sept 2014