We recently returned from a trip to Mallorca, Spain. While at the airport in Madrid, we noticed long lines of (mostly European) passengers waiting to have their luggage Saran-wrapped at a kiosk before checking in for their flights. We remembered seeing this same thing occurring on our last trip to Malta. What's the deal with that? Do European airlines have a problem with leaking baggage compartments? We can't remember seeing that at the airports in the States (maybe a security issue?). Please shed some light on this mystery for us. Thanks!
What's the deal with the Saran-wrapped luggage???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rental car and Portugal toll charges
- 2 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 3 Trip to Italy
- 4 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 5 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 6 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 7 Sorting out my travel Days in Italy
- 8 euro quiz # 69 - All About Parks...
- 9 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 10 Paris Street Market Selling Soaps from Provence
- 11 scotland trave;
- 12 One night in Paris- where to stay?
- 13 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 14 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 15 Please help me plan my trip!
- 16 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 17 3.5 weeks in Europe w/ 10-month old
- 18 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 19 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 20 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 21 Apartment services for Barcelona and Pamplona
- 22 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 23 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 24 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 25 Choosing countries for an 18 day trip