We recently returned from a trip to Mallorca, Spain. While at the airport in Madrid, we noticed long lines of (mostly European) passengers waiting to have their luggage Saran-wrapped at a kiosk before checking in for their flights. We remembered seeing this same thing occurring on our last trip to Malta. What's the deal with that? Do European airlines have a problem with leaking baggage compartments? We can't remember seeing that at the airports in the States (maybe a security issue?). Please shed some light on this mystery for us. Thanks!
What's the deal with the Saran-wrapped luggage???
- 1 What is the best food in France?
- 2 San Remo Italy to Paris
- 3 Trenitalia
- 4 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 5 Cell Phone for Italy travel
- 6 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 7 Train tickets
- 8 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 9 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 10 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 11 Connection in Newark EWR
- 12 Lake Thun/ Lake Brienz in October
- 13 iPhone from germany
- 14 Renfi for Rail Europe
- 15 Venice at Christmas?
- 16 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 17 Estonia
- 18 Renting an apartment in Edinburgh
- 19 Rome Airport to Amalfi Coast
- 20 Help me with Dali and Costa Brava itinerary from Barcelona
- 21 Travel with 13 Month Old
- 22 Help with itenerary
- 23 Booking flights to Istanbul on Turkish Air
- 24 Vacation rental in Provence
- 25 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary