We recently returned from a trip to Mallorca, Spain. While at the airport in Madrid, we noticed long lines of (mostly European) passengers waiting to have their luggage Saran-wrapped at a kiosk before checking in for their flights. We remembered seeing this same thing occurring on our last trip to Malta. What's the deal with that? Do European airlines have a problem with leaking baggage compartments? We can't remember seeing that at the airports in the States (maybe a security issue?). Please shed some light on this mystery for us. Thanks!
What's the deal with the Saran-wrapped luggage???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 4 itinerary help
- 5 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 6 9 days in turkey
- 7 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 8 Germany-berlin marathon
- 9 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 10 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 11 Nice Video about Poland
- 12 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 13 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 14 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 15 Reims for a day
- 16 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 17 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 18 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 19 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 20 Toulouse and beyond -
- 21 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 22 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 23 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 24 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 25 Scotland