We recently returned from a trip to Mallorca, Spain. While at the airport in Madrid, we noticed long lines of (mostly European) passengers waiting to have their luggage Saran-wrapped at a kiosk before checking in for their flights. We remembered seeing this same thing occurring on our last trip to Malta. What's the deal with that? Do European airlines have a problem with leaking baggage compartments? We can't remember seeing that at the airports in the States (maybe a security issue?). Please shed some light on this mystery for us. Thanks!
What's the deal with the Saran-wrapped luggage???
- 1 Paris - Nice/Eze - Como - Venice/Rome
- 2 Sussex Day Out Which Option to Choose?
- 3 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 4 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 5 Do and don't, eating in France
- 6 italy itinerary for comments
- 7 chip and pin credit cards
- 8 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 9 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 10 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 11 Italian train question
- 12 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 13 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 14 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 15 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 16 choosing between cinque terre & lake como
- 17 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 18 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 19 Paris Ticket t+
- 20 Scotland: Mellerstain House or Floors Castle?
- 21 Paris museums free admission
- 22 Help with planning a trip to Turkey
- 23 Am I too fat too travel?
- 24 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 25 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help