We recently returned from a trip to Mallorca, Spain. While at the airport in Madrid, we noticed long lines of (mostly European) passengers waiting to have their luggage Saran-wrapped at a kiosk before checking in for their flights. We remembered seeing this same thing occurring on our last trip to Malta. What's the deal with that? Do European airlines have a problem with leaking baggage compartments? We can't remember seeing that at the airports in the States (maybe a security issue?). Please shed some light on this mystery for us. Thanks!
What's the deal with the Saran-wrapped luggage???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 2 Cell phones- London and Paris
- 3 Transport Advice - Heathrow to Kings Cross St/Clink78
- 4 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 5 3 Months in Europe (25 April - 24 July 2015)
- 6 Italian itinerary ~ 28 days - review and assistance
- 7 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 8 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 9 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 10 Transports in Santorini
- 11 Driving from milan to san vigiglio di Marebee .
- 12 Portugal and Spain itinerary help -- 11 days in the end of Nov. 2014
- 13 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 14 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 15 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 16 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 17 Question about Liberation Day in the Netherlands
- 18 Olive Oil
- 19 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 20 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 21 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 22 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 23 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 24 Ortisei and Castelrotto trip report
- 25 Trip Report : North of Spain