We recently returned from a trip to Mallorca, Spain. While at the airport in Madrid, we noticed long lines of (mostly European) passengers waiting to have their luggage Saran-wrapped at a kiosk before checking in for their flights. We remembered seeing this same thing occurring on our last trip to Malta. What's the deal with that? Do European airlines have a problem with leaking baggage compartments? We can't remember seeing that at the airports in the States (maybe a security issue?). Please shed some light on this mystery for us. Thanks!
What's the deal with the Saran-wrapped luggage???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 2 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 3 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 4 Southern Italy without a Car
- 5 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 6 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 7 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 8 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 9 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 10 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 11 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 12 Help Me Fill in the Blanks
- 13 Visit to Bath and London england
- 14 Planning third trip to France-where to next?
- 15 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 16 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 17 Tour Company in Russia
- 18 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 19 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 20 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 21 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 22 10 days in England
- 23 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 24 Northern Lights - What else to see
- 25 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip