We're in Athens for an all-day cruise stop from 8a to 11pm! We last visited about 15 years ago (for 3 nights) so have seen the major tourist sites. What should we see now? I'm thinking of the new Acropolis Museum...and walking around the Anafiotika neighborhood...but what else should we do...walk...see... Any favorite restaurants...shops? Should we eat dinner in Piraeus or get back on the ship? I know Greeks typically dine around 10p...which is too late for us and returning to the ship.
P.S. I also considered taking the fast boat to Aegina and touring that island for the day. Comments/
What's cool and new in Athens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 2 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 3 3 days in Rome
- 4 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 5 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 6 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 7 Northern Spain
- 8 Akrotiri Tours
- 9 Your favorite restaurants in Milan, please
- 10 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 11 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 12 London hotel tax is 20%
- 13 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 14 Rome tram update...
- 15 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 16 Germany compounding pharmacy
- 17 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 18 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 19 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 20 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 21 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 22 Has anyone used Waytostay.com for Paris rentals?
- 23 week in calabria
- 24 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 25 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!