We're in Athens for an all-day cruise stop from 8a to 11pm! We last visited about 15 years ago (for 3 nights) so have seen the major tourist sites. What should we see now? I'm thinking of the new Acropolis Museum...and walking around the Anafiotika neighborhood...but what else should we do...walk...see... Any favorite restaurants...shops? Should we eat dinner in Piraeus or get back on the ship? I know Greeks typically dine around 10p...which is too late for us and returning to the ship.
P.S. I also considered taking the fast boat to Aegina and touring that island for the day. Comments/
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France for Six Weeks
- 2 Train or bus from Annecy to Cully Switzerland
- 3 Where to stay in Barcelona during La Merce?
- 4 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 5 bbc radio 4 visits Fleetwood near Blackpool
- 6 Can you please critique my ring road plan?
- 7 which basque wine TXAKOLINA wineries bodegas to visit from san sebastian?
- 8 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 9 ROME JEWISH GHETTO - directions needed
- 10 explore Italy on a budget
- 11 Vienna Favorites
- 12 3-week itinerary - Austria, Slovakia, Italy, Croatia - too ambitious?
- 13 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 14 10 Days trip to Europe
- 15 Cochem or Beilstein
- 16 Thann, Alsace - Eye of the Witch
- 17 Finally, Norway Itin - please critique & advise
- 18 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 19 Need advice on transportation
- 20 Best of Stockholm in 3 Days
- 21 3 days Venice to Paris
- 22 Czech Republic and East Germany itinerary
- 23 Lake Constance - Where to stay?
- 24 A base for four nights between Killarney and Dublin (no car)
- 25 How to Spot an American in Europe