We're in Athens for an all-day cruise stop from 8a to 11pm! We last visited about 15 years ago (for 3 nights) so have seen the major tourist sites. What should we see now? I'm thinking of the new Acropolis Museum...and walking around the Anafiotika neighborhood...but what else should we do...walk...see... Any favorite restaurants...shops? Should we eat dinner in Piraeus or get back on the ship? I know Greeks typically dine around 10p...which is too late for us and returning to the ship.
P.S. I also considered taking the fast boat to Aegina and touring that island for the day. Comments/
What's cool and new in Athens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 2 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 3 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 4 Is the roof of La Grande Arche de la Défense open yet?
- 5 Sea side in Italy
- 6 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 7 Question About Belgiun Train Travel
- 8 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 9 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 10 Single Malts
- 11 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 12 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 13 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 14 Apartments in Rome you have rented and liked
- 15 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 16 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 17 2-week Central/Eastern Europe itinerary questions
- 18 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 19 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 20 Help with Lucerne in April
- 21 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 22 Paris: Best Baguette of 2015
- 23 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 24 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 25 London Weekend