We're in Athens for an all-day cruise stop from 8a to 11pm! We last visited about 15 years ago (for 3 nights) so have seen the major tourist sites. What should we see now? I'm thinking of the new Acropolis Museum...and walking around the Anafiotika neighborhood...but what else should we do...walk...see... Any favorite restaurants...shops? Should we eat dinner in Piraeus or get back on the ship? I know Greeks typically dine around 10p...which is too late for us and returning to the ship.
P.S. I also considered taking the fast boat to Aegina and touring that island for the day. Comments/
What's cool and new in Athens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Panarea lodging decision--need expert advice
- 2 Provence planning
- 3 Making reservations in Italy
- 4 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 5 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 6 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 7 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 8 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 9 Germany for 3 weeks
- 10 UK and Belgium 20 days with 2 kids ( 6 years old and 7 years old girls)
- 11 Summer Family trip ( 2 ads and 2 kids 6 and 7 years old girls)
- 12 Dublin Layover Suggestions
- 13 England, Paris itinerary help
- 14 Accommodations in Paris
- 15 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 16 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 17 Ireland Trip in Spring
- 18 MUST SEE in Odessa, & Sevestopol, Ukraine?
- 19 World´s biggest Rolls Royce collection in a great castle in Basque Country
- 20 South of France
- 21 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 22 Want to sell Pashmina but didnt find the store.
- 23 Car hire location price differences
- 24 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 25 Ukraine Travel 2014