We're in Athens for an all-day cruise stop from 8a to 11pm! We last visited about 15 years ago (for 3 nights) so have seen the major tourist sites. What should we see now? I'm thinking of the new Acropolis Museum...and walking around the Anafiotika neighborhood...but what else should we do...walk...see... Any favorite restaurants...shops? Should we eat dinner in Piraeus or get back on the ship? I know Greeks typically dine around 10p...which is too late for us and returning to the ship.
P.S. I also considered taking the fast boat to Aegina and touring that island for the day. Comments/
What's cool and new in Athens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 2 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 3 Bike touring in France
- 4 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 5 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 6 I'm in a funk
- 7 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 8 Germany Visa for conference
- 9 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 10 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 11 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 12 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 13 travel to western Europe from India
- 14 I went to Paris in June
- 15 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 16 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 17 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 18 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 19 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 20 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 21 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 22 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 23 stop in lisboa or not
- 24 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 25 One week in Ireland itinerary