We're in Athens for an all-day cruise stop from 8a to 11pm! We last visited about 15 years ago (for 3 nights) so have seen the major tourist sites. What should we see now? I'm thinking of the new Acropolis Museum...and walking around the Anafiotika neighborhood...but what else should we do...walk...see... Any favorite restaurants...shops? Should we eat dinner in Piraeus or get back on the ship? I know Greeks typically dine around 10p...which is too late for us and returning to the ship.
P.S. I also considered taking the fast boat to Aegina and touring that island for the day. Comments/
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 2 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 3 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 4 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 5 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 6 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 7 Munich
- 8 Prague hotels
- 9 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 10 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 13 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 14 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 15 First Time Solo Travel info
- 16 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 17 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 18 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 19 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 20 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 21 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 22 Europe in late January
- 23 Northern lights in December
- 24 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 25 Driving Germany to Benelux