We're in Athens for an all-day cruise stop from 8a to 11pm! We last visited about 15 years ago (for 3 nights) so have seen the major tourist sites. What should we see now? I'm thinking of the new Acropolis Museum...and walking around the Anafiotika neighborhood...but what else should we do...walk...see... Any favorite restaurants...shops? Should we eat dinner in Piraeus or get back on the ship? I know Greeks typically dine around 10p...which is too late for us and returning to the ship.
P.S. I also considered taking the fast boat to Aegina and touring that island for the day. Comments/
What's cool and new in Athens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 2 What to wear
- 3 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 4 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 5 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 6 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 7 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 8 Question for best Town to base for touring the Amalfi Coast
- 9 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 10 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 11 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 12 Escorted Tours to Europe from UK to Dordogne Valley, France
- 13 Writers Needed for Austria Guidebook
- 14 Last minute Bordeaux restaurant suggestions - for 4/26-4/28
- 15 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport
- 16 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 17 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 18 London neighborhood suggestions
- 19 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 20 Honeymoon in Sicily
- 21 Monet in Normandy
- 22 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 23 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 24 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 25 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons