We're in Athens for an all-day cruise stop from 8a to 11pm! We last visited about 15 years ago (for 3 nights) so have seen the major tourist sites. What should we see now? I'm thinking of the new Acropolis Museum...and walking around the Anafiotika neighborhood...but what else should we do...walk...see... Any favorite restaurants...shops? Should we eat dinner in Piraeus or get back on the ship? I know Greeks typically dine around 10p...which is too late for us and returning to the ship.
P.S. I also considered taking the fast boat to Aegina and touring that island for the day. Comments/
What's cool and new in Athens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London for Free
- 2 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 3 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 4 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 5 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 6 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 7 Northern Lights in Scotland??
- 8 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 9 Madrid: City Views
- 10 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 11 London restaurants
- 12 biking in France
- 13 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 14 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London
- 15 Terrorism in Europe
- 16 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 17 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 18 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 19 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 20 Three weeks holiday in Turkey
- 21 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 22 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 23 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 24 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 25 Madrid Card or Paseo del Arte pass