We're in Athens for an all-day cruise stop from 8a to 11pm! We last visited about 15 years ago (for 3 nights) so have seen the major tourist sites. What should we see now? I'm thinking of the new Acropolis Museum...and walking around the Anafiotika neighborhood...but what else should we do...walk...see... Any favorite restaurants...shops? Should we eat dinner in Piraeus or get back on the ship? I know Greeks typically dine around 10p...which is too late for us and returning to the ship.
P.S. I also considered taking the fast boat to Aegina and touring that island for the day. Comments/
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 2 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 3 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 4 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 5 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 6 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 7 Whistle stop family road trip
- 8 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 9 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 10 Scotland itinerary advice
- 11 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 12 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 13 Night Bus?
- 14 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 15 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 16 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 17 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 18 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 19 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 21 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 22 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 23 Help with tips in UK
- 24 Positano Hotel in September
- 25 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland