We're in Athens for an all-day cruise stop from 8a to 11pm! We last visited about 15 years ago (for 3 nights) so have seen the major tourist sites. What should we see now? I'm thinking of the new Acropolis Museum...and walking around the Anafiotika neighborhood...but what else should we do...walk...see... Any favorite restaurants...shops? Should we eat dinner in Piraeus or get back on the ship? I know Greeks typically dine around 10p...which is too late for us and returning to the ship.
P.S. I also considered taking the fast boat to Aegina and touring that island for the day. Comments/
What's cool and new in Athens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 2 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 3 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 4 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 5 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 6 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 7 Train from Sarlat
- 8 Trains
- 9 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 10 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 11 Naples vs Sorrento
- 12 Cinque Terre trails
- 13 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 14 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 15 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 16 Paris Bastille Day
- 17 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 18 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 19 Oh no more disruption planned for Spanish airports 2015
- 20 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 21 Liverpool to London
- 22 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 23 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 24 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 25 italy for - 2 weeks for a young couple