We're in Athens for an all-day cruise stop from 8a to 11pm! We last visited about 15 years ago (for 3 nights) so have seen the major tourist sites. What should we see now? I'm thinking of the new Acropolis Museum...and walking around the Anafiotika neighborhood...but what else should we do...walk...see... Any favorite restaurants...shops? Should we eat dinner in Piraeus or get back on the ship? I know Greeks typically dine around 10p...which is too late for us and returning to the ship.
P.S. I also considered taking the fast boat to Aegina and touring that island for the day. Comments/
What's cool and new in Athens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 2 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 3 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 4 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 5 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 6 Airport ATMs
- 7 American Express
- 8 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 9 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 10 Three ferries to Mull
- 11 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 12 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 13 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 14 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 15 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 16 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 17 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 18 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 19 Which european city?
- 20 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 21 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 22 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 23 All Set To Go!!
- 24 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 25 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?