We're in Athens for an all-day cruise stop from 8a to 11pm! We last visited about 15 years ago (for 3 nights) so have seen the major tourist sites. What should we see now? I'm thinking of the new Acropolis Museum...and walking around the Anafiotika neighborhood...but what else should we do...walk...see... Any favorite restaurants...shops? Should we eat dinner in Piraeus or get back on the ship? I know Greeks typically dine around 10p...which is too late for us and returning to the ship.
P.S. I also considered taking the fast boat to Aegina and touring that island for the day. Comments/
What's cool and new in Athens?
- 1 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 Moldova and Transnistiria
- 4 Lake como
- 5 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 6 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 7 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 8 Place to propose
- 9 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 10 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 11 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1
- 12 Prague Main Train Station
- 13 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 14 Prague, Salzburg and Innsbruck
- 15 Three for the road
- 16 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 17 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 18 Make time for the Rhine and Mosel Valleys?
- 19 Itinerary Questions
- 20 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 21 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 22 British drivers
- 23 Portugal in September
- 24 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 25 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal