We're in Athens for an all-day cruise stop from 8a to 11pm! We last visited about 15 years ago (for 3 nights) so have seen the major tourist sites. What should we see now? I'm thinking of the new Acropolis Museum...and walking around the Anafiotika neighborhood...but what else should we do...walk...see... Any favorite restaurants...shops? Should we eat dinner in Piraeus or get back on the ship? I know Greeks typically dine around 10p...which is too late for us and returning to the ship.
P.S. I also considered taking the fast boat to Aegina and touring that island for the day. Comments/
What's cool and new in Athens?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 2 Favorite things to do in London
- 3 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 4 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 5 Strasbourg restaurant recommendations
- 6 Altdorf/Schattdorf restaurant
- 7 Tipping in the UK
- 8 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 9 Where to go in Europe in early March
- 10 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 11 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 12 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 13 How to get to Plaka from Athens airport in the least expensive way?
- 14 7 countries in a month
- 15 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan Cadorna
- 16 hotels I recommend from my recent trip to Paris and Normandy
- 17 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 18 Museum Pass
- 19 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 20 Portugal
- 21 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 22 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 23 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 24 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 25 4 days in lake region