I am still trying to decide on an itinerary for my upcoming (last minute!) Italy trip, and would love to know how some of you would spend your time in my situation.
Details: Landing in Rome on 9/11 to meet my husband who is wrapping up a business trip, then staying a total of 4 nights in Chianti in 2 different towns... I don't prefer 2 night stays but we are receiving hospitality at a couple wineries because my husband is in the industry. Details:
9/13-15: 2 nights in southern Chianti (small town called Castelnuovo Berardenga)
9/15-17: 2 nights Greve in Chianti
9/17-21: 4 nights, What to do????**
** haven't yet booked our return ticket, so location is flexible
We have visited Italy once before and spent time in Chianti, Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. We loved it all. I'm leaning towards spending our final 4 nights all in once place rather than adding two more 2 night stays. Would like it to be near an airport for ease of departure on the 21st.
If the choice was yours how would you spend these nights? Thanks for any inspiration you can share!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Paris to Italy
- 3 9 Days in Spain
- 4 God Save the Queen?
- 5 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 8 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 9 Frankfurt to UK
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Barcelona alternative
- 12 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 13 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 16 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 17 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 18 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 19 Iceland
- 20 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 21 Milan or Turin
- 22 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help