I have posted this on the airlines forum, but wanted to get advice here too.
I am using united airlines ff miles for 2 business tickets to Italy on Sept 10 returning Sept 23.
My route is LAX to Charlotte using USAIR then Charlotte to Munich and Munich to Pisa using Lufthansa. My routing home is from Genoa to Munich and then same as on the way there.
Obviously I will be monitoring the strike until I leave on Sept10 th.
My concern is if they strike when I am in Italy. Will Lufthansa rebook my flights or do I have to do this myself? I will not have a cell phone but my iPad and Internet access. Also if they cannot book me in business will UA refund some of my ff miles. I know this will be the least of my problems!
Thank you for any info you can give me. We have been very lucky in our travels and never dealt with an airline strike.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting around London
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 The DCC scam is spreading
- 6 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 7 Paris in August
- 8 Train travel to and from Paris
- 9 Christmas in Spain
- 10 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 11 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 12 Vigo Spain????
- 13 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 14 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 15 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 16 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 17 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 18 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 19 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 20 Andalucia Spain
- 21 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 22 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 23 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 24 SURPRISE TRIP
- 25 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
What will happen to my ff trip to Italy if Lufthansa strikes?