I have posted this on the airlines forum, but wanted to get advice here too.
I am using united airlines ff miles for 2 business tickets to Italy on Sept 10 returning Sept 23.
My route is LAX to Charlotte using USAIR then Charlotte to Munich and Munich to Pisa using Lufthansa. My routing home is from Genoa to Munich and then same as on the way there.
Obviously I will be monitoring the strike until I leave on Sept10 th.
My concern is if they strike when I am in Italy. Will Lufthansa rebook my flights or do I have to do this myself? I will not have a cell phone but my iPad and Internet access. Also if they cannot book me in business will UA refund some of my ff miles. I know this will be the least of my problems!
Thank you for any info you can give me. We have been very lucky in our travels and never dealt with an airline strike.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 2 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 3 Trip Report: 17 glorious days in Northern Spain
- 4 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 5 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 6 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 7 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 8 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 11 PARIS
- 12 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 13 London vacation rental agency
- 14 Sicily help
- 15 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 16 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 17 Christmas markets
- 18 Airline to Rome
- 19 SE ITALY
- 20 monograms vacation tours
- 21 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 22 Towns around Lucca
- 23 Thinking about the Fjords
- 24 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 25 Where??-2 night trip from London
What will happen to my ff trip to Italy if Lufthansa strikes?