I have posted this on the airlines forum, but wanted to get advice here too.
I am using united airlines ff miles for 2 business tickets to Italy on Sept 10 returning Sept 23.
My route is LAX to Charlotte using USAIR then Charlotte to Munich and Munich to Pisa using Lufthansa. My routing home is from Genoa to Munich and then same as on the way there.
Obviously I will be monitoring the strike until I leave on Sept10 th.
My concern is if they strike when I am in Italy. Will Lufthansa rebook my flights or do I have to do this myself? I will not have a cell phone but my iPad and Internet access. Also if they cannot book me in business will UA refund some of my ff miles. I know this will be the least of my problems!
Thank you for any info you can give me. We have been very lucky in our travels and never dealt with an airline strike.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 2 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 London Hotels
- 5 Europe itinerary questions
- 6 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 7 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 8 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 9 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Back from Paris
- 12 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 13 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 14 1 month in Europe
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 17 10 days in Paris and......
- 18 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 19 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 20 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 21 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 22 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 23 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 24 LIsbon
- 25 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
What will happen to my ff trip to Italy if Lufthansa strikes?