I have posted this on the airlines forum, but wanted to get advice here too.
I am using united airlines ff miles for 2 business tickets to Italy on Sept 10 returning Sept 23.
My route is LAX to Charlotte using USAIR then Charlotte to Munich and Munich to Pisa using Lufthansa. My routing home is from Genoa to Munich and then same as on the way there.
Obviously I will be monitoring the strike until I leave on Sept10 th.
My concern is if they strike when I am in Italy. Will Lufthansa rebook my flights or do I have to do this myself? I will not have a cell phone but my iPad and Internet access. Also if they cannot book me in business will UA refund some of my ff miles. I know this will be the least of my problems!
Thank you for any info you can give me. We have been very lucky in our travels and never dealt with an airline strike.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 2 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 3 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 16 days in France and Italy
- 6 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 7 TIM in FCO - update
- 8 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 9 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 12 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 13 Madrid food advice needed
- 14 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 15 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 16 Iceland trip report!
- 17 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 18 Paris for children
- 19 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 20 Naples + Walking Tour
- 21 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 22 Need hotel in Athens
- 23 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 24 Avoid Europcar!
- 25 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
What will happen to my ff trip to Italy if Lufthansa strikes?