I have posted this on the airlines forum, but wanted to get advice here too.
I am using united airlines ff miles for 2 business tickets to Italy on Sept 10 returning Sept 23.
My route is LAX to Charlotte using USAIR then Charlotte to Munich and Munich to Pisa using Lufthansa. My routing home is from Genoa to Munich and then same as on the way there.
Obviously I will be monitoring the strike until I leave on Sept10 th.
My concern is if they strike when I am in Italy. Will Lufthansa rebook my flights or do I have to do this myself? I will not have a cell phone but my iPad and Internet access. Also if they cannot book me in business will UA refund some of my ff miles. I know this will be the least of my problems!
Thank you for any info you can give me. We have been very lucky in our travels and never dealt with an airline strike.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 2 Firt time VISA applicant
- 3 Cordoba Overnight?
- 4 Beaune France
- 5 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 6 advance tickets?
- 7 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 8 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 9 38 Days in Paris
- 10 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 11 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 12 A week in Paris
- 13 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 14 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 15 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 16 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 17 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 18 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 19 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 20 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 21 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 22 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 23 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 24 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 25 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
What will happen to my ff trip to Italy if Lufthansa strikes?