We are a family of six (four kids 9-16) travelling to France in March. We are spending 6 days in Paris, three days in Amboise and are wanting to stay in or around Nantes for a few days. We will have a car and are hoping to explore a bit of that area from that home base. We will be carrying on to Lorient for a soccer match as a next stop, then onto Normandy to see the D-day beaches. We are hesitant to stay in the city of Nantes given it's size and wondering if there is a smaller town nearby you could recommend that we should stay.
What town to stay in near Nantes, France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 2 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 3 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 4 Need help with itinerary
- 5 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 6 Cyprus photo gallery
- 7 Schengen rule made easy
- 8 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 9 First Trip to Europe
- 10 One month (ish) in Spain
- 11 Help: Short visit to Crete
- 12 London hotel tax is 20%
- 13 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 14 Cornwall or Paris?
- 15 Venice, Tuscany and CT in October
- 16 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 17 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 18 Sorrento Advice Please
- 19 Driving through Chianti on Halloween - where to stop for lunch?
- 20 Student Visa versus Residence Card
- 21 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 22 Mama Mia Italy!
- 23 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 24 Ireland or Scotland
- 25 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata