Are you under 25, tall, very thin, a face like an angel? No? Then don't give the idea of what to wear in Paris another thought. If you are one of those post-adolescent beauties you could wear a paper bag and still look stunning. If you are like us, and no longer very young and beautiful, just throw some clothes in that suitcase and be on your way! We are in Paris now and in all of the tourist quarters (most all of central Paris) everyone is dressing just like they do in our small Midwestern city. Many, many, many folks in jeans, hoodies, and sneakers or variations of this. And no one cares, not even the French! The thread two weeks ago about dresses being the rage - fuggedaboutit. I brought three dresses based on this advice and only wore one once, to dinner with a sweater. Thin/Gorgeous - you got a lot of crap for suggesting that waiting in line at the Eiffel Tower in a dress is crazy and guess what? I saw a few teens in skirts with leggings but the vast vast majority were in standard jeans and shirts. Unless Paris gets a hot spell, leave the cute sundresses at home. I wish I had packed more long pants and long sleeved shirts, although it did give us an excuse to buy clothes here! Also because of the World Cup, and the European love affair with soccer, you may want to bring a large flag of your home country and some face paint ,as that seems to be the apparel of choice for many!
What to wear in Paris now!A
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 2 Paris and where else?
- 3 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 4 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 5 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 6 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 7 Internet or travel agent?
- 8 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 9 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 10 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 11 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 12 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 13 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris
- 14 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 15 Christmas windows in Paris
- 16 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 17 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 18 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 19 Autumn in Paris
- 20 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 21 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 22 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 23 Raining in rome
- 24 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 25 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?