My trip to Ireland is in March 2014. I have been reading up on what to wear while in Ireland, and I have read several suggestions that said layers. My biggest question is... What is the proper dress for going out in Ireland? There are four of us (All 25 years old), and we are interested in spending some time going out to pubs and enjoying the night life. We are spending 3 nights in Dublin during the Saint Patricks day festival then heading to Galway. From there we will be heading to Killarney and Cork. Is there different dress codes according to where your at? Also, what is customary to wear on Saint Patricks day? I don't want to look like the idiot American decked out in green and shamrocks when locals aren't. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
What to wear in Ireland?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 2 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 3 seven days in Portugal
- 4 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 5 I need a haircut
- 6 American electrical gadgets
- 7 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 8 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 11 Eating in France-two new books
- 12 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 13 London neighborhood suggestions
- 14 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 15 1 week in Croatia
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 18 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 19 german rail ticket question
- 20 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 21 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 22 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 23 What to see along the Welsh coast?
- 24 Buying Masks in Venice
- 25 TJ Maxx is selling masks from Venice!