My trip to Ireland is in March 2014. I have been reading up on what to wear while in Ireland, and I have read several suggestions that said layers. My biggest question is... What is the proper dress for going out in Ireland? There are four of us (All 25 years old), and we are interested in spending some time going out to pubs and enjoying the night life. We are spending 3 nights in Dublin during the Saint Patricks day festival then heading to Galway. From there we will be heading to Killarney and Cork. Is there different dress codes according to where your at? Also, what is customary to wear on Saint Patricks day? I don't want to look like the idiot American decked out in green and shamrocks when locals aren't. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
What to wear in Ireland?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Raining in rome
- 2 3 weeks in Sicily
- 3 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 4 Real Mary King's Close Tour in Edinburgh
- 5 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 6 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 7 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 8 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 9 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 10 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 11 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 12 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 13 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 14 Fabulous Palermo
- 15 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 16 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 17 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 18 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 19 Portugal in January
- 20 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 21 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 22 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 23 Portugal epidemic warning (November 2014)!
- 24 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 25 Naxos in May