My trip to Ireland is in March 2014. I have been reading up on what to wear while in Ireland, and I have read several suggestions that said layers. My biggest question is... What is the proper dress for going out in Ireland? There are four of us (All 25 years old), and we are interested in spending some time going out to pubs and enjoying the night life. We are spending 3 nights in Dublin during the Saint Patricks day festival then heading to Galway. From there we will be heading to Killarney and Cork. Is there different dress codes according to where your at? Also, what is customary to wear on Saint Patricks day? I don't want to look like the idiot American decked out in green and shamrocks when locals aren't. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
What to wear in Ireland?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cell phones in Ireland
- 2 Touring Dover Castle
- 3 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 4 7 Nights in Paris
- 5 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 6 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 7 Santorini transportation
- 8 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 9 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 10 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 11 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 12 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 13 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 14 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 15 Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
- 16 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 17 Madrid and London
- 18 Riverboat Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 19 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 20 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 21 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 22 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 23 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 24 3 weeks in Europe
- 25 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)