Hello again -
I am getting so much good information from all of you.... I can't stop asking!
My husband and I will be in Ireland (Dublin, Kilkenny, SW Ireland) from April 20th -25th, and we need good packing advice.
We live in Seattle & my casual, everyday, late-winter wear usually consists of dark jeans and heeled ankle-boots, along with a turtleneck sweater and wool coat. Is this appropriate wear for Dublin? How about touring Kilkenny and Southwestern Ireland?
Of course, I do have plans to bring the comfy walking shoes ,a wind-breaker, etc. as well, but we are not planning any serious hiking either.
From Ireland, we will be heading down to Italy for 6 more days (25 April - 2 May). How can I make my wardrobe work for both countries?
(I am considering shipping all my heavy clothing & souveniers home at the end of our Ireland leg, in order to make room for clothes & goodies purchased in Italy.)
I've recieved such great help so far. I appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin or Budapest?
- 2 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 3 Greece to Italy by Ferry, Pros and Cons
- 4 Spain and Beyond - Part Three
- 5 Spending money
- 6 Why should I go to Norway in Oct?
- 7 Provence planning
- 8 Shopping in Paris
- 9 1st Time in Europe
- 10 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 11 Where Europeans Vacation
- 12 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 13 16 hours total drive time in 6 days
- 14 Warsaw-Kraków-Budapest-Amsterdam itinerary help
- 15 Dublin Ireland
- 16 Norway in a NutShell via Car/Boat
- 17 3.5 days Itinerary in Switzerland
- 18 Guesthouse in Bad Gastein
- 19 Lazio - Where to spend 2 days ?
- 20 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 21 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 22 Naples & Amalfi Coast
- 23 booking the train from Pompeii to Rome
- 24 2 nights in Cinque Terre
- 25 Italy-Switz family of 6: June 2015
Hello again -