Hello again -
I am getting so much good information from all of you.... I can't stop asking!
My husband and I will be in Ireland (Dublin, Kilkenny, SW Ireland) from April 20th -25th, and we need good packing advice.
We live in Seattle & my casual, everyday, late-winter wear usually consists of dark jeans and heeled ankle-boots, along with a turtleneck sweater and wool coat. Is this appropriate wear for Dublin? How about touring Kilkenny and Southwestern Ireland?
Of course, I do have plans to bring the comfy walking shoes ,a wind-breaker, etc. as well, but we are not planning any serious hiking either.
From Ireland, we will be heading down to Italy for 6 more days (25 April - 2 May). How can I make my wardrobe work for both countries?
(I am considering shipping all my heavy clothing & souveniers home at the end of our Ireland leg, in order to make room for clothes & goodies purchased in Italy.)
I've recieved such great help so far. I appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Basque region and/or Galicia?
- 2 Athens or Istanbul in Nov'15 Solo female traveller
- 3 Ephesus shuttle tours
- 4 Change of plans - what to do between Granada and Malaga.
- 5 Ronda or Malaga as a base for Malaga Province?
- 6 First visit to Paris, 6 days
- 7 How to get from any stop on BE to any place in France
- 8 overnight ferries?
- 9 Best Way to get to Prague from Torun, Poland
- 10 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 11 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Go To Paris
- 12 Airport Strikes in Spain
- 13 Advise for 4 days in Peloponnese
- 14 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 15 Madrid and Seville in February ?
- 16 Swimsuit for France, Switzerland, Austria?
- 17 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 18 Ira, Ira, Ira, who is Ira?
- 19 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 20 First Time in France--Paris and Burgundy
- 21 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 22 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 23 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 24 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 25 England/Scotland in January?
Hello again -