Hello. On one leg of our trip, we will be driving from St. Andrews to the Isle of Skyle. We will be spending two nights in the Cairngorms in between. There are a couple places that look interesting to me, including the Cairngorm Mountain Railway, the Ptarmigan Restaurant, the Cairngorm Reindeer Herd, Rothiemurchurs Estate and Dalwhinnie Distillery. I would like opinions as to the things on this list. I know there’s a lot more to do/see, but I know that we can’t do everything. Is there anything else that you would recommend or leave out? I would also like opinions as to where to stay for our two nights. Would Aviemore be a good base or is there another place where you would stay? Thank you!
What to see in the Cairngorms
- 1 trip
- 2 Easiest way to get to Cinque Terre
- 3 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 4 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 5 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 6 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 7 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 8 France: CDG to Beaune
- 9 If you had 7 days for Romantic Road..What would you do
- 10 Two days in Amsterdam; bike tour
- 11 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 12 semi escorted tours
- 13 Transportation from Venice Island to Treviso Airport?
- 14 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 15 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 16 Three nights in London, two nights somewhere else, help?
- 17 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 18 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 19 1st time in Europe - Please critique our itinerary
- 20 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 21 jungfraujoch mid june
- 22 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 23 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 24 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 25 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?