My fiance and I have planned a honeymoon trip for Paris, Venice, Rome (in that order) in Feb'13 starting 10th Feb. From as much as we've read and googled, we have found out Paris would be the coldest of them all (avg temp about 4 degrees C). We are currently shopping for our trip - and I just cant understand how much is enough! Baggage limit is obviously there to 20 KGs
Are leather boots a must? They are pretty costly for whatever little variety we have available here in India. Also, the only decent and COMFORTABLE ones (for my feet) that I have liked so far are Woodland ankle length boots. A bit pricey - but are good enough and are VERY comfortable!
Also, is a pure wool overcoat a must? Or can I be okay with a cotton-wool mix material (bought one already - now want to know if it was the right decision??)? This with a layer of thermals and a sweater beneath, and paired with a pair of jeans and leg warmers - should it suffice?
Should we buy overcoats/boots keeping in mind that it might rain anytime? Or should we just carry umbrellas for that sort of thing happening?
I know all these questions sound funny, but I am going through hell having to go shopping everyday and not finding something "suitable" for myself. What is suitable is what I am still trying to figure out though, Your suggestions could help make my day! Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 2 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 3 Canaries to Turkey in ten countries
- 4 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 5 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 6 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 7 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 8 Plitvice, Rovinj and ?
- 9 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 10 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 11 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 12 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 13 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 14 Sentimental Journey
- 15 A few last minute questions
- 16 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 17 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 18 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 19 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 20 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 21 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 22 Stay away from EF Tours
- 23 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 24 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 25 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion