My husband and I are taking our two teen daughters (14 & 16) to Athens, Santorini and Naxos this summer and are looking for suggestions of what we should do. We are an active family (albeit with sometimes lazy teenagers. Below is the basics of what we might do but any advice is welcome!
We will be only 3 nights 2 days in Athens so we are going to focus on the Acropolis, the Acropolis Museum, the Roman Angora, the central (food) market and the sunday Flea market and just walking around the Plaka/Monastiraki areas.
On Santorini, we will be there 3 nights and 3 full days. We will go to the Ia and Amoud Bay and some of the beaches -- suggestions on which ones? We live in California and have black sand here so that is not such a big deal to us (and it gets very hot!). Are staying in town of Thira so will bop around there a bit.
On Naxos, we are staying for 5 days and nights just South of the main town (within walking distance) on the beach at St George. we are hoping to visit beaches and cute little villages and maybe windsurf.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 3 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 4 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 5 dinner jackets
- 6 2 weeks Europe trip
- 7 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 8 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 9 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 10 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 11 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 12 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 13 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 14 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 15 Car rental in Paris for travel to Bayeux
- 16 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 17 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 18 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 19 Cordoba Overnight?
- 20 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 21 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 22 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 23 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 24 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents