My husband and I are taking our two teen daughters (14 & 16) to Athens, Santorini and Naxos this summer and are looking for suggestions of what we should do. We are an active family (albeit with sometimes lazy teenagers. Below is the basics of what we might do but any advice is welcome!
We will be only 3 nights 2 days in Athens so we are going to focus on the Acropolis, the Acropolis Museum, the Roman Angora, the central (food) market and the sunday Flea market and just walking around the Plaka/Monastiraki areas.
On Santorini, we will be there 3 nights and 3 full days. We will go to the Ia and Amoud Bay and some of the beaches -- suggestions on which ones? We live in California and have black sand here so that is not such a big deal to us (and it gets very hot!). Are staying in town of Thira so will bop around there a bit.
On Naxos, we are staying for 5 days and nights just South of the main town (within walking distance) on the beach at St George. we are hoping to visit beaches and cute little villages and maybe windsurf.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip to Europe!
- 2 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 3 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 4 visa appointment experience
- 5 Brief trip report Naples
- 6 What to take to Germany
- 7 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 8 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 9 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 10 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 11 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 12 Paris Under Seige...
- 13 Rue des Rosiers
- 14 Scotland Trip
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 17 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 18 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 19 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 20 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 21 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 22 Which Heathrow Airport Car Service Would You Use?
- 23 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 24 4 week trip Turkey
- 25 Holiday in Austria