My husband and I are taking our two teen daughters (14 & 16) to Athens, Santorini and Naxos this summer and are looking for suggestions of what we should do. We are an active family (albeit with sometimes lazy teenagers. Below is the basics of what we might do but any advice is welcome!
We will be only 3 nights 2 days in Athens so we are going to focus on the Acropolis, the Acropolis Museum, the Roman Angora, the central (food) market and the sunday Flea market and just walking around the Plaka/Monastiraki areas.
On Santorini, we will be there 3 nights and 3 full days. We will go to the Ia and Amoud Bay and some of the beaches -- suggestions on which ones? We live in California and have black sand here so that is not such a big deal to us (and it gets very hot!). Are staying in town of Thira so will bop around there a bit.
On Naxos, we are staying for 5 days and nights just South of the main town (within walking distance) on the beach at St George. we are hoping to visit beaches and cute little villages and maybe windsurf.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin transportation help
- 2 best shopping deals in paris and italy?
- 3 Relaxing destinations?
- 4 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 5 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 6 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 7 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 8 Is there a train from Warsaw to Vilnius or elsewhere in Lithuania?
- 9 Bandol port of call
- 10 Staying in Vienna and Prague
- 11 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 12 where to stay in Malta
- 13 What tickets to purchase for Rome attractons before leaving the States
- 14 Road maps for Iceland
- 15 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 16 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 17 Tips for 2 week travel in Europe of college students
- 18 Choosing cruise excursion activities on Italy stops with kids
- 19 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 20 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 21 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 22 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 23 spanish winery region(s)
- 24 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 25 Best places for 21 day family vacay w/ 5 year old?