My parents, boyfriend and I are planning to take an overnight ferry to Split, and then spend about 5 days in Croatia and/or Slovenia. I am looking for feedback on the top spots to visit in Croatia / Slovenia, as well as any info on what the weather is like around that time of year. The two spots I am most interested in visiting are the Plitvice NP and Lake Bled, but only if the weather will be pleasant enough to spend all day outside hiking. If it will be too cold for those places, we would probably prefer to spend the time on the coast and further south. Any info would be helpful! We unfortunately don't have enough time to go further south than Split, so please limit recommendations to locations north of there (we are aware that this means missing out on Dubrovnik! but we don't want to "do too much"). Thanks!!
What to do with 5 days in Croatia/Slovenia?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 2 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 3 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 4 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 5 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 6 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 7 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 8 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 9 British drivers
- 10 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 11 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 12 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 13 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 14 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 15 A full week in The Netherlands
- 16 Prague Main Train Station
- 17 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 18 Spain Travel
- 19 Venice in Jan
- 20 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 21 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 22 Southern France
- 23 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 24 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 25 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.