My parents, boyfriend and I are planning to take an overnight ferry to Split, and then spend about 5 days in Croatia and/or Slovenia. I am looking for feedback on the top spots to visit in Croatia / Slovenia, as well as any info on what the weather is like around that time of year. The two spots I am most interested in visiting are the Plitvice NP and Lake Bled, but only if the weather will be pleasant enough to spend all day outside hiking. If it will be too cold for those places, we would probably prefer to spend the time on the coast and further south. Any info would be helpful! We unfortunately don't have enough time to go further south than Split, so please limit recommendations to locations north of there (we are aware that this means missing out on Dubrovnik! but we don't want to "do too much"). Thanks!!
What to do with 5 days in Croatia/Slovenia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal return
- 2 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 3 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 4 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 5 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 6 Did I miss MaiTai's Paris trip report??
- 7 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 8 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 9 Ireland or Scotland
- 10 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 11 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 12 Question on France travel
- 13 Cruise the River Shannon
- 14 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 15 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 16 Places for a Special Dinner (2 cancer survivors!) in Montecatini
- 17 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 18 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 19 Autumn in Paris
- 20 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 21 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 22 Italy and Croatia
- 23 St Germain
- 24 Where to go in France mid July?
- 25 trip to norway