My parents, boyfriend and I are planning to take an overnight ferry to Split, and then spend about 5 days in Croatia and/or Slovenia. I am looking for feedback on the top spots to visit in Croatia / Slovenia, as well as any info on what the weather is like around that time of year. The two spots I am most interested in visiting are the Plitvice NP and Lake Bled, but only if the weather will be pleasant enough to spend all day outside hiking. If it will be too cold for those places, we would probably prefer to spend the time on the coast and further south. Any info would be helpful! We unfortunately don't have enough time to go further south than Split, so please limit recommendations to locations north of there (we are aware that this means missing out on Dubrovnik! but we don't want to "do too much"). Thanks!!
What to do with 5 days in Croatia/Slovenia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 2 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 3 Ireland's west coast
- 4 BUGA 2015 (Floral festival in Brandenburg) transportation
- 5 Is Scotland and Northern England still green in October?
- 6 Rocamaxour
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 9 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 10 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 11 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 12 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 13 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 14 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 15 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 16 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 17 Food options near Tower (& Leadenhall Mkt?)
- 18 England in 7 days
- 19 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 20 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 21 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 22 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 23 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review
- 24 To Prague or not to Prague
- 25 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?