In June 2012, I have a tentative trip lined up for Scandinavia. It's not finalized in any way at all, but I am trying to do some background research, namely, what is there to do in Helsinki, Finland? I'm trying to find historic places to visit, but Helsinki seems quite modern. If the trip does go ahead, I will have about four days to wander Helsinki's streets alone, and I don't feel comfortable with going out of the city alone, so was trying to find some local tours etc. but it's just so hard to find anything online. Just wondering if there are any places you know of in Helsinki that are scenic, historic, or interesting to a photo-snapping literary geek such as myself?
( The trip if confirmed will take me and my father to Helsinki, Tallinn, Stockholm, Copenhagen, and possibly London, though my DF will be at a conference, so I will be alone for most of Helsinki, but will tag along with the conference when they go to Tallinn and Stockholm)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London trip in September
- 2 Paris itinerary.
- 3 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 4 Azores - splitting dining bill
- 5 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 6 Fontainebleau - train schedules on a Sunday
- 7 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 8 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 9 Puglia Experiences
- 10 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 11 Help with a git in Alsace
- 12 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 13 Springtime in Luzern (& Rigi, Basel, Zofingen, Rapperswil...)
- 14 Travel from Portugal to Morocco
- 15 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 16 Best International Sim Card
- 17 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 18 Font de Gaume-- what are our chances?
- 19 Where to stop along the way
- 20 Scotland highland/islands agenda-please help, last minute dream trip
- 21 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 22 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 23 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 24 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 25 Choosing cruise excursion activities on Italy stops with kids