In June 2012, I have a tentative trip lined up for Scandinavia. It's not finalized in any way at all, but I am trying to do some background research, namely, what is there to do in Helsinki, Finland? I'm trying to find historic places to visit, but Helsinki seems quite modern. If the trip does go ahead, I will have about four days to wander Helsinki's streets alone, and I don't feel comfortable with going out of the city alone, so was trying to find some local tours etc. but it's just so hard to find anything online. Just wondering if there are any places you know of in Helsinki that are scenic, historic, or interesting to a photo-snapping literary geek such as myself?
( The trip if confirmed will take me and my father to Helsinki, Tallinn, Stockholm, Copenhagen, and possibly London, though my DF will be at a conference, so I will be alone for most of Helsinki, but will tag along with the conference when they go to Tallinn and Stockholm)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.healthynutritionfacts.org/coal-cosmetic-moisturizer/
- 2 Scenic Driving Routes
- 3 Andalucia in December
- 4 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 5 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 6 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 7 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 8 Budapest Hotels
- 9 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 10 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 11 First trip to Italy
- 12 Ireland & Scotland
- 13 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 14 London's Must Sights!
- 15 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 16 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 17 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 18 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 19 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 20 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 21 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 22 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 23 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 24 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 25 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing