In June 2012, I have a tentative trip lined up for Scandinavia. It's not finalized in any way at all, but I am trying to do some background research, namely, what is there to do in Helsinki, Finland? I'm trying to find historic places to visit, but Helsinki seems quite modern. If the trip does go ahead, I will have about four days to wander Helsinki's streets alone, and I don't feel comfortable with going out of the city alone, so was trying to find some local tours etc. but it's just so hard to find anything online. Just wondering if there are any places you know of in Helsinki that are scenic, historic, or interesting to a photo-snapping literary geek such as myself?
( The trip if confirmed will take me and my father to Helsinki, Tallinn, Stockholm, Copenhagen, and possibly London, though my DF will be at a conference, so I will be alone for most of Helsinki, but will tag along with the conference when they go to Tallinn and Stockholm)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Clean up spam
- 2 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 3 alItalia
- 4 Mykonos Beach Club
- 5 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 6 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 7 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 8 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 9 Visit to Engand
- 10 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 11 Trip in September
- 12 Which city order makes most sense?
- 13 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 14 London Restaurants
- 15 Munich Hotel Location
- 16 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 17 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 18 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 19 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 20 credit and debit cards
- 21 Munich,Prague, CK, Salzburg, Vienna
- 22 Is Sicily Safe?
- 23 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 24 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 25 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo