In June 2012, I have a tentative trip lined up for Scandinavia. It's not finalized in any way at all, but I am trying to do some background research, namely, what is there to do in Helsinki, Finland? I'm trying to find historic places to visit, but Helsinki seems quite modern. If the trip does go ahead, I will have about four days to wander Helsinki's streets alone, and I don't feel comfortable with going out of the city alone, so was trying to find some local tours etc. but it's just so hard to find anything online. Just wondering if there are any places you know of in Helsinki that are scenic, historic, or interesting to a photo-snapping literary geek such as myself?
( The trip if confirmed will take me and my father to Helsinki, Tallinn, Stockholm, Copenhagen, and possibly London, though my DF will be at a conference, so I will be alone for most of Helsinki, but will tag along with the conference when they go to Tallinn and Stockholm)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 2 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 3 Madrid/Camino Hike/Madrid + 5 nights?
- 4 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 5 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 6 Holland Itinerary
- 7 Iceland Trip Report
- 8 If Big Brother was Watching, This is What he Saw: Russia, 1984 (a really late trip report)
- 9 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 10 Rome Airport Question!
- 11 Portugal Walking Tour
- 12 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 13 Were you in Europe in August? How crowded WAS it?
- 14 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 15 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 16 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 17 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 18 I forgot my international driver permit
- 19 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 20 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 21 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 22 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
- 23 Prague old town
- 24 Ordering in a Deli
- 25 Trip report part 2 Naxos