In June 2012, I have a tentative trip lined up for Scandinavia. It's not finalized in any way at all, but I am trying to do some background research, namely, what is there to do in Helsinki, Finland? I'm trying to find historic places to visit, but Helsinki seems quite modern. If the trip does go ahead, I will have about four days to wander Helsinki's streets alone, and I don't feel comfortable with going out of the city alone, so was trying to find some local tours etc. but it's just so hard to find anything online. Just wondering if there are any places you know of in Helsinki that are scenic, historic, or interesting to a photo-snapping literary geek such as myself?
( The trip if confirmed will take me and my father to Helsinki, Tallinn, Stockholm, Copenhagen, and possibly London, though my DF will be at a conference, so I will be alone for most of Helsinki, but will tag along with the conference when they go to Tallinn and Stockholm)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia
- 2 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 3 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 4 Itinerary help please!
- 5 Dover queues
- 6 AVE train tickets questions.
- 7 Manchester on derby weekend
- 8 Naples or Genoa
- 9 Visiting the Black Forest
- 10 Barcelona to Morocco
- 11 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 12 France to stop making foie grois
- 13 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 14 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 15 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 16 Car hire
- 17 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 18 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 19 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 20 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 21 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 22 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 23 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 24 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 25 http://www.supplementadvise.com/cla-safflower-oil/