In June 2012, I have a tentative trip lined up for Scandinavia. It's not finalized in any way at all, but I am trying to do some background research, namely, what is there to do in Helsinki, Finland? I'm trying to find historic places to visit, but Helsinki seems quite modern. If the trip does go ahead, I will have about four days to wander Helsinki's streets alone, and I don't feel comfortable with going out of the city alone, so was trying to find some local tours etc. but it's just so hard to find anything online. Just wondering if there are any places you know of in Helsinki that are scenic, historic, or interesting to a photo-snapping literary geek such as myself?
( The trip if confirmed will take me and my father to Helsinki, Tallinn, Stockholm, Copenhagen, and possibly London, though my DF will be at a conference, so I will be alone for most of Helsinki, but will tag along with the conference when they go to Tallinn and Stockholm)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 2 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 3 St Denis Cathedral
- 4 Norway fjord
- 5 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 6 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 7 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 8 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 11 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 12 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 13 Stockholm during midsummer
- 14 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 18 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 19 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 20 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 21 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 22 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 23 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 24 Praiano
- 25 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?