In June 2012, I have a tentative trip lined up for Scandinavia. It's not finalized in any way at all, but I am trying to do some background research, namely, what is there to do in Helsinki, Finland? I'm trying to find historic places to visit, but Helsinki seems quite modern. If the trip does go ahead, I will have about four days to wander Helsinki's streets alone, and I don't feel comfortable with going out of the city alone, so was trying to find some local tours etc. but it's just so hard to find anything online. Just wondering if there are any places you know of in Helsinki that are scenic, historic, or interesting to a photo-snapping literary geek such as myself?
( The trip if confirmed will take me and my father to Helsinki, Tallinn, Stockholm, Copenhagen, and possibly London, though my DF will be at a conference, so I will be alone for most of Helsinki, but will tag along with the conference when they go to Tallinn and Stockholm)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 2 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 6 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 7 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 Greek Village
- 11 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 Berlin
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 18 Germany or Sweden
- 19 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 20 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 21 Two days in Rome
- 22 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 PARIS
- 25 One free day in Barcelona