In June 2012, I have a tentative trip lined up for Scandinavia. It's not finalized in any way at all, but I am trying to do some background research, namely, what is there to do in Helsinki, Finland? I'm trying to find historic places to visit, but Helsinki seems quite modern. If the trip does go ahead, I will have about four days to wander Helsinki's streets alone, and I don't feel comfortable with going out of the city alone, so was trying to find some local tours etc. but it's just so hard to find anything online. Just wondering if there are any places you know of in Helsinki that are scenic, historic, or interesting to a photo-snapping literary geek such as myself?
( The trip if confirmed will take me and my father to Helsinki, Tallinn, Stockholm, Copenhagen, and possibly London, though my DF will be at a conference, so I will be alone for most of Helsinki, but will tag along with the conference when they go to Tallinn and Stockholm)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 2 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz
- 3 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy
- 4 Staying at Dockland/Canary Wharf
- 5 A road trip to Florence
- 6 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 7 Lucca to Florence with side trips
- 8 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 9 Where can I get pre-euro banknotes?
- 10 Gothenburg, Things to do for a teenager
- 11 Shoppingin Spain
- 12 Transportation from Gothenburg airport to the Center
- 13 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 14 Train or flight from Paris to Munich?
- 15 Taragona best way there from Barcelona
- 16 Britain Itinerary Suggestions
- 17 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 18 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 19 Where can I get Russian rubles?
- 20 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 21 Croatia Trip Report Part 1
- 22 Another question about the rouble.
- 23 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 24 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon
- 25 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?