In June 2012, I have a tentative trip lined up for Scandinavia. It's not finalized in any way at all, but I am trying to do some background research, namely, what is there to do in Helsinki, Finland? I'm trying to find historic places to visit, but Helsinki seems quite modern. If the trip does go ahead, I will have about four days to wander Helsinki's streets alone, and I don't feel comfortable with going out of the city alone, so was trying to find some local tours etc. but it's just so hard to find anything online. Just wondering if there are any places you know of in Helsinki that are scenic, historic, or interesting to a photo-snapping literary geek such as myself?
( The trip if confirmed will take me and my father to Helsinki, Tallinn, Stockholm, Copenhagen, and possibly London, though my DF will be at a conference, so I will be alone for most of Helsinki, but will tag along with the conference when they go to Tallinn and Stockholm)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I'm back.....
- 2 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 5 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 6 Need Ireland Itinerary Help
- 7 Switzerland itinerary help
- 8 Slovania & Croatia
- 9 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 10 Asian food and shopping in Dublin ????
- 11 5 days in Provence
- 12 Parking in Italy
- 13 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 14 Another Alhambra Ticket Question
- 15 1 week in Malaga
- 16 Lisbon hotel: Tivoli or Bairro Alto hotels?
- 17 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 18 Looking for a apartment recommendation for Dijon
- 19 Transportation in Bologna
- 20 Amsterdam vs. France
- 21 Where to stay in Dijon, France
- 22 Amsterdam Hotel
- 23 Paris gtg in October?
- 24 Capo d'Orlando
- 25 European Championship