In June 2012, I have a tentative trip lined up for Scandinavia. It's not finalized in any way at all, but I am trying to do some background research, namely, what is there to do in Helsinki, Finland? I'm trying to find historic places to visit, but Helsinki seems quite modern. If the trip does go ahead, I will have about four days to wander Helsinki's streets alone, and I don't feel comfortable with going out of the city alone, so was trying to find some local tours etc. but it's just so hard to find anything online. Just wondering if there are any places you know of in Helsinki that are scenic, historic, or interesting to a photo-snapping literary geek such as myself?
( The trip if confirmed will take me and my father to Helsinki, Tallinn, Stockholm, Copenhagen, and possibly London, though my DF will be at a conference, so I will be alone for most of Helsinki, but will tag along with the conference when they go to Tallinn and Stockholm)
What to do in Helsinki?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss rail passes
- 2 Day trip on the Rhine
- 3 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 4 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 5 Hotel in Venice
- 6 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 7 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 8 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 9 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 10 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 11 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 12 Day trips from Marseille
- 13 train to Vernon France
- 14 Avignon to London?
- 15 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 16 A drive in Europe
- 17 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 18 Venice
- 19 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 20 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 21 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 22 Traveling to Munich
- 23 London tube
- 24 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 25 cooking classes