We are going on a 7 night western mediterranean cruise leaving/ending civettechia (Rome) (9th to 16th July).
We will have 4 full days in Rome prior to boarding the ship and due to flight times will need to spend an extra night in Rome post cruise before flying home. Cruise arrives back in port at 7am.
Do you think that by the time we disembark and then get the train back to Rome that we would have time to drop off our bags at a hotel near the train station and then perhaps go to Florence for the day? Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what we can do for our final day? (Family of 4 with two girls aged 11 and 8). This is our first time in Italy. The cruise does go to Naples and Le Spezia so we plan on doing a tour at each place to see Pisa and Pompeii and could include florence on the day in Le Spezia.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 2 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 Imbros Gorge
- 5 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 6 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Bus from Budva to Kotor
- 9 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 10 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 13 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 14 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 15 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 16 How the kids age calculated
- 17 Help required with Itinerary
- 18 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 19 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 20 Slovenia & Croatia Itinerary Feedback
- 21 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 24 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 25 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October