We are going on a 7 night western mediterranean cruise leaving/ending civettechia (Rome) (9th to 16th July).
We will have 4 full days in Rome prior to boarding the ship and due to flight times will need to spend an extra night in Rome post cruise before flying home. Cruise arrives back in port at 7am.
Do you think that by the time we disembark and then get the train back to Rome that we would have time to drop off our bags at a hotel near the train station and then perhaps go to Florence for the day? Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what we can do for our final day? (Family of 4 with two girls aged 11 and 8). This is our first time in Italy. The cruise does go to Naples and Le Spezia so we plan on doing a tour at each place to see Pisa and Pompeii and could include florence on the day in Le Spezia.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 US foods not available in the UK
- 3 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 4 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 5 Amsterdam and...?
- 6 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 7 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 8 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 9 Andalucia Spain
- 10 Whistle stop family road trip
- 11 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 12 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 13 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 14 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 15 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 16 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 17 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 18 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 19 Driving in Italy
- 20 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 21 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 22 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 24 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 25 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017