We are going on a 7 night western mediterranean cruise leaving/ending civettechia (Rome) (9th to 16th July).
We will have 4 full days in Rome prior to boarding the ship and due to flight times will need to spend an extra night in Rome post cruise before flying home. Cruise arrives back in port at 7am.
Do you think that by the time we disembark and then get the train back to Rome that we would have time to drop off our bags at a hotel near the train station and then perhaps go to Florence for the day? Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what we can do for our final day? (Family of 4 with two girls aged 11 and 8). This is our first time in Italy. The cruise does go to Naples and Le Spezia so we plan on doing a tour at each place to see Pisa and Pompeii and could include florence on the day in Le Spezia.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Safety in Rome
- 2 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 3 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 4 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 5 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 6 Europe First Timers
- 7 Greek Village
- 8 Crete Holiday
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 One free day in Barcelona
- 11 Apartment Montreux area
- 12 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 17 base in brussels
- 18 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 19 Rome or Venice first
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam