We are going on a 7 night western mediterranean cruise leaving/ending civettechia (Rome) (9th to 16th July).
We will have 4 full days in Rome prior to boarding the ship and due to flight times will need to spend an extra night in Rome post cruise before flying home. Cruise arrives back in port at 7am.
Do you think that by the time we disembark and then get the train back to Rome that we would have time to drop off our bags at a hotel near the train station and then perhaps go to Florence for the day? Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what we can do for our final day? (Family of 4 with two girls aged 11 and 8). This is our first time in Italy. The cruise does go to Naples and Le Spezia so we plan on doing a tour at each place to see Pisa and Pompeii and could include florence on the day in Le Spezia.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 2 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 3 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 9 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 10 Flamenco in October
- 11 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 12 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 13 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 14 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 15 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 16 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 17 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 18 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 19 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 20 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 21 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 22 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Questions about Polish sights
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions