My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe at the end of May 2013. We'll have three weeks "on the ground" time (not including the day we fly in and leave, and an extra day for jet lag).
We have our hearts set on London, Paris (with a side trip to Normandy) and Munich, but we want to add one more stop/country if possible. Before you say it, I know that we can spend our entire three weeks in any one of those cities but we're the "go, go, go" type (especially my husband) so I think it could be doable for us depending on the distance to travel.
What would be a good choice within a reasonable distance? Some ideas I've been debating are Amsterdam, Prague, Salzberg/somewhere else in Austria or Venice/Rome.
My husband likes beer and WWII history. I like Jewish history, looking at good architecture and some more quirky things, I suppose. We're both down for a good museum (especially a science or aviation museum for my husband) and we'd like to try and balance city life out with some natural beauty sometimes, if possible... if any of that helps.
Thanks for the advice!
What to add to London, Paris and Munich itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 2 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 3 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 4 5 Observations About Paris
- 5 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 6 Scotland November 2015
- 7 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 8 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 9 Amsterdam in the early 1980s
- 10 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 11 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 12 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 13 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 14 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 15 Is my plan ok
- 16 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 17 Reputable Tours
- 18 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 19 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 20 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 21 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 22 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 23 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 24 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 25 Portugal Trip