My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe at the end of May 2013. We'll have three weeks "on the ground" time (not including the day we fly in and leave, and an extra day for jet lag).
We have our hearts set on London, Paris (with a side trip to Normandy) and Munich, but we want to add one more stop/country if possible. Before you say it, I know that we can spend our entire three weeks in any one of those cities but we're the "go, go, go" type (especially my husband) so I think it could be doable for us depending on the distance to travel.
What would be a good choice within a reasonable distance? Some ideas I've been debating are Amsterdam, Prague, Salzberg/somewhere else in Austria or Venice/Rome.
My husband likes beer and WWII history. I like Jewish history, looking at good architecture and some more quirky things, I suppose. We're both down for a good museum (especially a science or aviation museum for my husband) and we'd like to try and balance city life out with some natural beauty sometimes, if possible... if any of that helps.
Thanks for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 2 Another Question re Scotland
- 3 Place to stay
- 4 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 5 Charming areas to explore in London
- 6 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 7 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 8 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 9 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 10 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 11 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 12 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 15 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 16 2 weeks from southern italy
- 17 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 18 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 19 travel around Spain
- 20 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 21 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 22 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 23 credit and debit cards
- 24 Where to stay in Umbria
- 25 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights