My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe at the end of May 2013. We'll have three weeks "on the ground" time (not including the day we fly in and leave, and an extra day for jet lag).
We have our hearts set on London, Paris (with a side trip to Normandy) and Munich, but we want to add one more stop/country if possible. Before you say it, I know that we can spend our entire three weeks in any one of those cities but we're the "go, go, go" type (especially my husband) so I think it could be doable for us depending on the distance to travel.
What would be a good choice within a reasonable distance? Some ideas I've been debating are Amsterdam, Prague, Salzberg/somewhere else in Austria or Venice/Rome.
My husband likes beer and WWII history. I like Jewish history, looking at good architecture and some more quirky things, I suppose. We're both down for a good museum (especially a science or aviation museum for my husband) and we'd like to try and balance city life out with some natural beauty sometimes, if possible... if any of that helps.
Thanks for the advice!
What to add to London, Paris and Munich itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - boats on canals
- 2 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 3 Ghent or Paris?
- 4 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 5 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 6 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 7 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 8 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 9 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 10 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 11 Greece Travel Planning for 2015
- 12 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 13 London hotel tax is 20%
- 14 Do trains run past midnight???
- 15 U.S. Citizen visiting Sweden for first time and I have two questions
- 16 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 17 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 18 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 19 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 20 Need suggestions for 5 days Italy trip
- 21 Hotel recommendations for family of four (kids: 15, 12)
- 22 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 23 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 24 Your favorite restaurants in Milan, please
- 25 Warsaw for the week-end / language question