My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe at the end of May 2013. We'll have three weeks "on the ground" time (not including the day we fly in and leave, and an extra day for jet lag).
We have our hearts set on London, Paris (with a side trip to Normandy) and Munich, but we want to add one more stop/country if possible. Before you say it, I know that we can spend our entire three weeks in any one of those cities but we're the "go, go, go" type (especially my husband) so I think it could be doable for us depending on the distance to travel.
What would be a good choice within a reasonable distance? Some ideas I've been debating are Amsterdam, Prague, Salzberg/somewhere else in Austria or Venice/Rome.
My husband likes beer and WWII history. I like Jewish history, looking at good architecture and some more quirky things, I suppose. We're both down for a good museum (especially a science or aviation museum for my husband) and we'd like to try and balance city life out with some natural beauty sometimes, if possible... if any of that helps.
Thanks for the advice!
What to add to London, Paris and Munich itinerary?
- 1 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 2 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 3 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 4 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 5 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 6 Chambermaid tipping
- 7 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 10 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 11 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 12 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 13 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 Apartments in Rome
- 16 Which travel plan?
- 17 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 18 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 19 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 20 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 21 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 22 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 23 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 24 London for Christmas
- 25 To Paris and Provence in June