My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe at the end of May 2013. We'll have three weeks "on the ground" time (not including the day we fly in and leave, and an extra day for jet lag).
We have our hearts set on London, Paris (with a side trip to Normandy) and Munich, but we want to add one more stop/country if possible. Before you say it, I know that we can spend our entire three weeks in any one of those cities but we're the "go, go, go" type (especially my husband) so I think it could be doable for us depending on the distance to travel.
What would be a good choice within a reasonable distance? Some ideas I've been debating are Amsterdam, Prague, Salzberg/somewhere else in Austria or Venice/Rome.
My husband likes beer and WWII history. I like Jewish history, looking at good architecture and some more quirky things, I suppose. We're both down for a good museum (especially a science or aviation museum for my husband) and we'd like to try and balance city life out with some natural beauty sometimes, if possible... if any of that helps.
Thanks for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 3 Athens Help
- 4 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 5 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 6 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 7 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 8 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 9 Lille Braderie 2017
- 10 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 11 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 12 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 13 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 14 Thinking about the Fjords
- 15 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 16 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 17 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 18 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 19 Uber vs. TfL
- 20 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 21 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 22 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 24 Greek Village
- 25 Berlin