My friend and I will be spending 2 weeks in Europe next month. We WERE planning on taking a carry on size suitcase for our belongings. We wanted to do carry on size 1) so that we would not be charged for luggage on plane ride to/from home 2) easier to get around with....BUT we are realizing we don't think we can fit everything in that small size suitcase. We found out our airline does not charge for our bags, so why not take the bigger size suitcase, right? We have a direct flight so there is no reason our luggage would be lost. We are taking TRAINS only when we are in Europe. Does anyone see why we should not take a bigger suitcase? PS- There are a couple of days that we will have to pay to store our luggage at the train station while we sightsee (one day in Venice, one day in Munich). If we take the larger luggage, where does this go on the train ride since it won't fit overhead? Is it true that we should lock our bags together with a cable, etc?
What size luggage?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 2 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 3 Spending money in Italy?
- 4 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 5 Help! Just 3 nights in CROATIA: where should we go?
- 6 Help! Only a few days in CROTIA: where would you go?
- 7 first family trip to Switzerland
- 8 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 9 St. Paul's Cathedral bells
- 10 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 11 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 12 Vienna.stay in pension.
- 13 Spain for 7 days
- 14 Biking across Europe
- 15 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 16 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 17 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 18 Normandy in October
- 19 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 20 I went to Paris in June
- 21 "Cool" places for dinner in Rome when it's hot
- 22 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 23 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 24 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 25 Guesthouses in Dublin