My friend and I will be spending 2 weeks in Europe next month. We WERE planning on taking a carry on size suitcase for our belongings. We wanted to do carry on size 1) so that we would not be charged for luggage on plane ride to/from home 2) easier to get around with....BUT we are realizing we don't think we can fit everything in that small size suitcase. We found out our airline does not charge for our bags, so why not take the bigger size suitcase, right? We have a direct flight so there is no reason our luggage would be lost. We are taking TRAINS only when we are in Europe. Does anyone see why we should not take a bigger suitcase? PS- There are a couple of days that we will have to pay to store our luggage at the train station while we sightsee (one day in Venice, one day in Munich). If we take the larger luggage, where does this go on the train ride since it won't fit overhead? Is it true that we should lock our bags together with a cable, etc?
What size luggage?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fashion for larger man?
- 2 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 3 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 4 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 5 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 6 Traveling in France by train
- 7 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 8 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 9 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 10 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 11 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 12 Sicily - not a trip report
- 13 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 16 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 17 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 18 car rental advice in Portugal
- 19 Fjords, How To?
- 20 Duoro river cruises
- 21 What to wear
- 22 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 23 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 24 Budget for 3 Month's
- 25 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions