My friend and I will be spending 2 weeks in Europe next month. We WERE planning on taking a carry on size suitcase for our belongings. We wanted to do carry on size 1) so that we would not be charged for luggage on plane ride to/from home 2) easier to get around with....BUT we are realizing we don't think we can fit everything in that small size suitcase. We found out our airline does not charge for our bags, so why not take the bigger size suitcase, right? We have a direct flight so there is no reason our luggage would be lost. We are taking TRAINS only when we are in Europe. Does anyone see why we should not take a bigger suitcase? PS- There are a couple of days that we will have to pay to store our luggage at the train station while we sightsee (one day in Venice, one day in Munich). If we take the larger luggage, where does this go on the train ride since it won't fit overhead? Is it true that we should lock our bags together with a cable, etc?
What size luggage?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 2 Honeymoon 2015
- 3 Automatic car rental in Italy: Dollar or Thrifty?
- 4 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 5 CDG to Lannion
- 6 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 7 Hiking in the Pyrenees - day trip from Barcelona, no car
- 8 walking guide in Paris
- 9 Blog updates from Europe.
- 10 Looking for add on city
- 11 Trip to Pyrenees
- 12 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 13 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 14 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 15 Need Accommodation in Versailles
- 16 Car rental Questions for Italy
- 17 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 18 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 19 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 MXP Best Western to "The Last Supper"
- 22 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 23 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)
- 24 Wedding In Positano Italy Sept 2014- NEED YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS
- 25 Moscow: Eat, Explore, Experience