Plan so far
Leave London by Train to Salisbury around 9am. Go straight from the railway station to the bus that does Stonehenge and Old Sarum, check out the Catherdral and have a look around etc. What else is a must see? Then onto a evening train to Bath. Staying in Bath for 4 nights
On either the 2nd or 3rd day there we will pick up our rental car. How many days does it take to see the best things in Bath? I don't want a rental car just sitting in the car park if we are still just walking around Bath.
Day trips from Bath, suggestions please. So far Wells is on the list.
Drive to Bristol, spend the day there. See the Cathedral, and ?
That evening head to Cardiff for 2 nights. Will look at Cardiff Castle and Berkley Castle. Other suggestions please? Maybe we do Berkley when we are leaving anyway?
Now this is where it gets interesting as we don't have any plans from here, all we have to do is drop the car off somewhere. Then train to London Euston Travelodge the evening of the 30th to catch the Eurostar to Paris the next morning.
So a bunch of thoughts have been going through my head, could spend the 29th night and 30th day in Oxford,
But when I was looking at the train routes, If I leave from Oxford I will end up at Paddington and then have to tube it for 36 mins to Euston but if we Leave from Coventry, it would take us straight to Euston station. I like the sound of not mucking around on our way back but it would be crazy to drive to Coventry to do this unless there is something worthwhile seeing on our way.
Thoughts please. We just want to see historical landmarks etc. Don't care about shopping malls etc. We just want to see and do things that we don't have in New Zealand.
Also do we really need a GPS? The price of renting one is 13 pounds a day, the car itself is only 15 pounds a day!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 2 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 5 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 6 4 days from/to Zagreb...
- 7 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 8 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 9 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 10 3 days solo in London
- 11 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 12 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 13 Prem fares (again)
- 14 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 15 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 16 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 17 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Chania
- 20 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 21 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 22 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 23 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 24 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 25 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
What should we see and do in 10 days? A round trip from London
Plan so far