Plan so far
Leave London by Train to Salisbury around 9am. Go straight from the railway station to the bus that does Stonehenge and Old Sarum, check out the Catherdral and have a look around etc. What else is a must see? Then onto a evening train to Bath. Staying in Bath for 4 nights
On either the 2nd or 3rd day there we will pick up our rental car. How many days does it take to see the best things in Bath? I don't want a rental car just sitting in the car park if we are still just walking around Bath.
Day trips from Bath, suggestions please. So far Wells is on the list.
Drive to Bristol, spend the day there. See the Cathedral, and ?
That evening head to Cardiff for 2 nights. Will look at Cardiff Castle and Berkley Castle. Other suggestions please? Maybe we do Berkley when we are leaving anyway?
Now this is where it gets interesting as we don't have any plans from here, all we have to do is drop the car off somewhere. Then train to London Euston Travelodge the evening of the 30th to catch the Eurostar to Paris the next morning.
So a bunch of thoughts have been going through my head, could spend the 29th night and 30th day in Oxford,
But when I was looking at the train routes, If I leave from Oxford I will end up at Paddington and then have to tube it for 36 mins to Euston but if we Leave from Coventry, it would take us straight to Euston station. I like the sound of not mucking around on our way back but it would be crazy to drive to Coventry to do this unless there is something worthwhile seeing on our way.
Thoughts please. We just want to see historical landmarks etc. Don't care about shopping malls etc. We just want to see and do things that we don't have in New Zealand.
Also do we really need a GPS? The price of renting one is 13 pounds a day, the car itself is only 15 pounds a day!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 2 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 3 St Denis Cathedral
- 4 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 5 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 8 How to rent a car
- 9 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 10 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 11 Day trips from Florence
- 12 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 13 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 14 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Perugia
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 May get together in Paris
- 19 Paris in September
- 20 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 21 First time in Bulgaria
- 22 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 25 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
What should we see and do in 10 days? A round trip from London
Plan so far