Plan so far
Leave London by Train to Salisbury around 9am. Go straight from the railway station to the bus that does Stonehenge and Old Sarum, check out the Catherdral and have a look around etc. What else is a must see? Then onto a evening train to Bath. Staying in Bath for 4 nights
On either the 2nd or 3rd day there we will pick up our rental car. How many days does it take to see the best things in Bath? I don't want a rental car just sitting in the car park if we are still just walking around Bath.
Day trips from Bath, suggestions please. So far Wells is on the list.
Drive to Bristol, spend the day there. See the Cathedral, and ?
That evening head to Cardiff for 2 nights. Will look at Cardiff Castle and Berkley Castle. Other suggestions please? Maybe we do Berkley when we are leaving anyway?
Now this is where it gets interesting as we don't have any plans from here, all we have to do is drop the car off somewhere. Then train to London Euston Travelodge the evening of the 30th to catch the Eurostar to Paris the next morning.
So a bunch of thoughts have been going through my head, could spend the 29th night and 30th day in Oxford,
But when I was looking at the train routes, If I leave from Oxford I will end up at Paddington and then have to tube it for 36 mins to Euston but if we Leave from Coventry, it would take us straight to Euston station. I like the sound of not mucking around on our way back but it would be crazy to drive to Coventry to do this unless there is something worthwhile seeing on our way.
Thoughts please. We just want to see historical landmarks etc. Don't care about shopping malls etc. We just want to see and do things that we don't have in New Zealand.
Also do we really need a GPS? The price of renting one is 13 pounds a day, the car itself is only 15 pounds a day!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 careful HP Te^ch SUPP0RT : C0NTACT 1:855 999-804S hp PRINTER force.
- 2 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 5 London is it worth it?
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 8 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 9 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 10 Paris and Normandy
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 13 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 14 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 15 Help me make this possible!
- 16 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 17 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 18 Car Rental
- 19 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 20 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 21 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 22 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 23 Balkans
- 24 My first trip to Crete
- 25 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
What should we see and do in 10 days? A round trip from London
Plan so far