Plan so far
Leave London by Train to Salisbury around 9am. Go straight from the railway station to the bus that does Stonehenge and Old Sarum, check out the Catherdral and have a look around etc. What else is a must see? Then onto a evening train to Bath. Staying in Bath for 4 nights
On either the 2nd or 3rd day there we will pick up our rental car. How many days does it take to see the best things in Bath? I don't want a rental car just sitting in the car park if we are still just walking around Bath.
Day trips from Bath, suggestions please. So far Wells is on the list.
Drive to Bristol, spend the day there. See the Cathedral, and ?
That evening head to Cardiff for 2 nights. Will look at Cardiff Castle and Berkley Castle. Other suggestions please? Maybe we do Berkley when we are leaving anyway?
Now this is where it gets interesting as we don't have any plans from here, all we have to do is drop the car off somewhere. Then train to London Euston Travelodge the evening of the 30th to catch the Eurostar to Paris the next morning.
So a bunch of thoughts have been going through my head, could spend the 29th night and 30th day in Oxford,
But when I was looking at the train routes, If I leave from Oxford I will end up at Paddington and then have to tube it for 36 mins to Euston but if we Leave from Coventry, it would take us straight to Euston station. I like the sound of not mucking around on our way back but it would be crazy to drive to Coventry to do this unless there is something worthwhile seeing on our way.
Thoughts please. We just want to see historical landmarks etc. Don't care about shopping malls etc. We just want to see and do things that we don't have in New Zealand.
Also do we really need a GPS? The price of renting one is 13 pounds a day, the car itself is only 15 pounds a day!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 2 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 3 4 week trip Turkey
- 4 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 5 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 6 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 7 Scotland Trip
- 8 Holiday in Austria
- 9 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 10 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 11 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 12 What one thing in Paris?
- 13 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 14 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 15 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 16 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 17 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 18 Paris Under Seige...
- 19 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 20 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 21 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 22 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 23 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 24 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 25 Train from Interlaken to Venice
What should we see and do in 10 days? A round trip from London
Plan so far