I'm an 18 year old traveling through Europe on my own for around 3 weeks in July. I've seen a fair bit of the continent already, both cities and smaller towns and countryside and I generally appreciate architecture, food, culture, and sights (e.g. Eiffel Tower, Heidelberg bridge), rather than museums and that sort of thing (the Louvre, for example).
I'm trying to plan my first ten days or so, and I'd like opinions in regards to my thinking/plan. I arrive into Frankfurt Airport early in the morning of the 30th and plan to head straight down to Munich to visit some friends, spending the night, then taking the City Night Line on the night of 1st from there to either:
1. Cologne (taking another train straight onto Brugge)
2. Amsterdam directly
If I were to take option 1, I'd spend the next 3 or 4 (?) nights in Brugge, hoping to see it Ghent, and maybe day-trip to Amsterdam. Option 2 would see me spend the day/night in Amsterdam, then move to Brugge for the next 2 or 3 (?). From Brugge, I would take the Eurostar to London, where I would spend either 4 or 5 nights, depending on the time spent at the above. From London, I would fly out to Geneva to continue on with the rest of my trip, which is looking no more straight-forward than this segment!
Anyway, my questions are:
1. Which option should I take and therefore at which city should I stay?
2. Would you recommend any alternative plans?
3. How many nights should be spent in London, given my interests? And at the other locations? Would you recommend cutting one destination for the sake of my sanity?
4. Given it will be summer, should I be looking for air-conditioned accommodation, or is this difficult to come by?
What should I do? Skip Amsterdam, Brugge, London... Or go to all?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 2 2 weeks in Europe
- 3 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 4 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 5 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 6 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 7 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 8 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 9 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 10 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 11 Madrid and London
- 12 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 13 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 14 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 15 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 16 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 17 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 18 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 19 Matisse at Tate
- 20 Ireland Southwest
- 21 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations for Lisbon
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 25 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary