I'm an 18 year old traveling through Europe on my own for around 3 weeks in July. I've seen a fair bit of the continent already, both cities and smaller towns and countryside and I generally appreciate architecture, food, culture, and sights (e.g. Eiffel Tower, Heidelberg bridge), rather than museums and that sort of thing (the Louvre, for example).
I'm trying to plan my first ten days or so, and I'd like opinions in regards to my thinking/plan. I arrive into Frankfurt Airport early in the morning of the 30th and plan to head straight down to Munich to visit some friends, spending the night, then taking the City Night Line on the night of 1st from there to either:
1. Cologne (taking another train straight onto Brugge)
2. Amsterdam directly
If I were to take option 1, I'd spend the next 3 or 4 (?) nights in Brugge, hoping to see it Ghent, and maybe day-trip to Amsterdam. Option 2 would see me spend the day/night in Amsterdam, then move to Brugge for the next 2 or 3 (?). From Brugge, I would take the Eurostar to London, where I would spend either 4 or 5 nights, depending on the time spent at the above. From London, I would fly out to Geneva to continue on with the rest of my trip, which is looking no more straight-forward than this segment!
Anyway, my questions are:
1. Which option should I take and therefore at which city should I stay?
2. Would you recommend any alternative plans?
3. How many nights should be spent in London, given my interests? And at the other locations? Would you recommend cutting one destination for the sake of my sanity?
4. Given it will be summer, should I be looking for air-conditioned accommodation, or is this difficult to come by?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 2 Train or Coach from Dublin to Cork?
- 3 A week driving in Bavaria
- 4 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 5 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 6 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 7 Camino Redux
- 8 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 9 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 10 Barcelona Hair Salon
- 11 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 12 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 13 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 14 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 15 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 16 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 17 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 18 Trans-Siberia Train
- 19 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 20 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 21 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 22 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 23 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 24 PLITVICE LAKES
- 25 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
What should I do? Skip Amsterdam, Brugge, London... Or go to all?