I'm an 18 year old traveling through Europe on my own for around 3 weeks in July. I've seen a fair bit of the continent already, both cities and smaller towns and countryside and I generally appreciate architecture, food, culture, and sights (e.g. Eiffel Tower, Heidelberg bridge), rather than museums and that sort of thing (the Louvre, for example).
I'm trying to plan my first ten days or so, and I'd like opinions in regards to my thinking/plan. I arrive into Frankfurt Airport early in the morning of the 30th and plan to head straight down to Munich to visit some friends, spending the night, then taking the City Night Line on the night of 1st from there to either:
1. Cologne (taking another train straight onto Brugge)
2. Amsterdam directly
If I were to take option 1, I'd spend the next 3 or 4 (?) nights in Brugge, hoping to see it Ghent, and maybe day-trip to Amsterdam. Option 2 would see me spend the day/night in Amsterdam, then move to Brugge for the next 2 or 3 (?). From Brugge, I would take the Eurostar to London, where I would spend either 4 or 5 nights, depending on the time spent at the above. From London, I would fly out to Geneva to continue on with the rest of my trip, which is looking no more straight-forward than this segment!
Anyway, my questions are:
1. Which option should I take and therefore at which city should I stay?
2. Would you recommend any alternative plans?
3. How many nights should be spent in London, given my interests? And at the other locations? Would you recommend cutting one destination for the sake of my sanity?
4. Given it will be summer, should I be looking for air-conditioned accommodation, or is this difficult to come by?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One quick week -- where in France?
- 2 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 3 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 4 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 5 To do afternoon of arrival in London
- 6 Guides - Matera
- 7 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 8 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 9 Spain Itinerary Help
- 10 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 11 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 12 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 13 Ravello to Paestum
- 14 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 15 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 16 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 17 Girona and Besalau
- 18 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 19 London Itinerary and Questions
- 20 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 21 4 flats for a month in Ireland
- 22 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 23 MiFi in Italy
- 24 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 25 Barcelona completely overrated
What should I do? Skip Amsterdam, Brugge, London... Or go to all?