I'm an 18 year old traveling through Europe on my own for around 3 weeks in July. I've seen a fair bit of the continent already, both cities and smaller towns and countryside and I generally appreciate architecture, food, culture, and sights (e.g. Eiffel Tower, Heidelberg bridge), rather than museums and that sort of thing (the Louvre, for example).
I'm trying to plan my first ten days or so, and I'd like opinions in regards to my thinking/plan. I arrive into Frankfurt Airport early in the morning of the 30th and plan to head straight down to Munich to visit some friends, spending the night, then taking the City Night Line on the night of 1st from there to either:
1. Cologne (taking another train straight onto Brugge)
2. Amsterdam directly
If I were to take option 1, I'd spend the next 3 or 4 (?) nights in Brugge, hoping to see it Ghent, and maybe day-trip to Amsterdam. Option 2 would see me spend the day/night in Amsterdam, then move to Brugge for the next 2 or 3 (?). From Brugge, I would take the Eurostar to London, where I would spend either 4 or 5 nights, depending on the time spent at the above. From London, I would fly out to Geneva to continue on with the rest of my trip, which is looking no more straight-forward than this segment!
Anyway, my questions are:
1. Which option should I take and therefore at which city should I stay?
2. Would you recommend any alternative plans?
3. How many nights should be spent in London, given my interests? And at the other locations? Would you recommend cutting one destination for the sake of my sanity?
4. Given it will be summer, should I be looking for air-conditioned accommodation, or is this difficult to come by?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 4 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 5 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 6 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 7 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 8 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 9 Greece
- 10 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 11 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 12 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 13 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 14 Stuck in Paris
- 15 Spain - day driver advice
- 16 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 17 Buenos Aires, Argentina or Lisbon Portugal
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Renting a car in Greece
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 22 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 23 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 24 Paris hotel
- 25 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
What should I do? Skip Amsterdam, Brugge, London... Or go to all?