I'm an 18 year old traveling through Europe on my own for around 3 weeks in July. I've seen a fair bit of the continent already, both cities and smaller towns and countryside and I generally appreciate architecture, food, culture, and sights (e.g. Eiffel Tower, Heidelberg bridge), rather than museums and that sort of thing (the Louvre, for example).
I'm trying to plan my first ten days or so, and I'd like opinions in regards to my thinking/plan. I arrive into Frankfurt Airport early in the morning of the 30th and plan to head straight down to Munich to visit some friends, spending the night, then taking the City Night Line on the night of 1st from there to either:
1. Cologne (taking another train straight onto Brugge)
2. Amsterdam directly
If I were to take option 1, I'd spend the next 3 or 4 (?) nights in Brugge, hoping to see it Ghent, and maybe day-trip to Amsterdam. Option 2 would see me spend the day/night in Amsterdam, then move to Brugge for the next 2 or 3 (?). From Brugge, I would take the Eurostar to London, where I would spend either 4 or 5 nights, depending on the time spent at the above. From London, I would fly out to Geneva to continue on with the rest of my trip, which is looking no more straight-forward than this segment!
Anyway, my questions are:
1. Which option should I take and therefore at which city should I stay?
2. Would you recommend any alternative plans?
3. How many nights should be spent in London, given my interests? And at the other locations? Would you recommend cutting one destination for the sake of my sanity?
4. Given it will be summer, should I be looking for air-conditioned accommodation, or is this difficult to come by?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 2 Holiday in Austria
- 3 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 4 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 5 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 6 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 7 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 8 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 9 What one thing in Paris?
- 10 Paris Under Seige...
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 12 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 13 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 14 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 15 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 16 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 17 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 18 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 19 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 20 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 21 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 22 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 23 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 24 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 25 Help with Itineray Central Europe
What should I do? Skip Amsterdam, Brugge, London... Or go to all?