I am traveling to London with my girlfriend for 4 nights before we leave for Rome. Check in Mar 26-11 checking out Mar 30-11. I have originally wanted to stay in the Soho area but it seems to be way out of my budget. I would like to pay approx $200USD per night (including tax). Since Soho is an expensive area I have decided to stay elsewhere. We are both in our young 20s, active and enjoy going out at night. Essentially, I was wondering if you could suggest a neighborhood for two tourist from the US looking to explore and see all the major sites while being in a nice and safe area to where we can enjoy ourselves at night. We are looking for a central location in London. Thanks for all your help!!
What part of London is best for my stay??
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 2 Spain Travel
- 3 Itinerary Questions
- 4 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 5 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 6 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 7 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 8 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 9 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 10 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 11 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 12 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 13 A full week in The Netherlands
- 14 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 15 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 16 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 17 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 18 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 19 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 20 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 21 Lake como
- 22 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 23 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins