What saying "warms the cockles of your heart"? - could it be the understatement in "mustn't grumble" or maybe the banter in a phrase like "a face like a dog's ass"
What is your favourite British saying?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 4 Estonia Amber
- 5 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 6 Tight Planning?
- 7 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 8 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 9 What are the best places to see in England
- 10 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 11 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 12 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 13 Travel with Teens
- 14 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 15 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 16 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 17 One week in Venice - trips