I have searched the internet but I have not found yet what I am looking for. We (2 parents and a 18 months old) are going to be spending 3 nights in St Gilgen at the end of August.
Even with a baby I do like to hike in the aAps (carrying her on my back with an ergo carrier). I absolutely love Murren in Switzerland and the hikes to the various huts. I almost wanted to go back there this summer for my 3rd time but I have heard how amazingly beautiful the Salzkammergut area is and so I am giving it a try. Who knows? It might become my new favorite. People who know both areas, which one do you prefer?
I have read about the Panorama trail that I can do with a stroller on the the top of Zwolferhorn and my husband, the baby and I will do it probably the first day (we are traveling from Salzburg, not a long commute.) I was thinking about exploring also the town that day. But the second day I am looking for something more robust. A real hike, max 4-5 hours with a lunch break. I don't like to hike on the road where there are cars. Actually I don't want to see cars at all. I like the small trails winding through the pastures, meadow, forest. I would say the we are in pretty good shape and steepness is great as long as there are no ferratas (that might be too hard with a baby on my back, although I have seen a few parents doing it in the Dolomites, especially the Austrians and the Swiss). If you have any experience hiking with a baby or toddler, please share!
I saw some great hikes being described on the White Horse inn website but there are so many choices between St wofgang, St gilgen, and Strobl I just cannot decide.
So which is your favorite hike around St Gilgen? Please help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 2 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 3 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 4 Italy Car Scam
- 5 Quizz !
- 6 Pay attention to your watches !
- 7 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 10 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 11 car insurance italy
- 12 Christmas Day in Granada
- 13 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 14 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 15 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 16 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 17 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 18 Venice/Mestre
- 19 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 24 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 25 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?