I have searched the internet but I have not found yet what I am looking for. We (2 parents and a 18 months old) are going to be spending 3 nights in St Gilgen at the end of August.
Even with a baby I do like to hike in the aAps (carrying her on my back with an ergo carrier). I absolutely love Murren in Switzerland and the hikes to the various huts. I almost wanted to go back there this summer for my 3rd time but I have heard how amazingly beautiful the Salzkammergut area is and so I am giving it a try. Who knows? It might become my new favorite. People who know both areas, which one do you prefer?
I have read about the Panorama trail that I can do with a stroller on the the top of Zwolferhorn and my husband, the baby and I will do it probably the first day (we are traveling from Salzburg, not a long commute.) I was thinking about exploring also the town that day. But the second day I am looking for something more robust. A real hike, max 4-5 hours with a lunch break. I don't like to hike on the road where there are cars. Actually I don't want to see cars at all. I like the small trails winding through the pastures, meadow, forest. I would say the we are in pretty good shape and steepness is great as long as there are no ferratas (that might be too hard with a baby on my back, although I have seen a few parents doing it in the Dolomites, especially the Austrians and the Swiss). If you have any experience hiking with a baby or toddler, please share!
I saw some great hikes being described on the White Horse inn website but there are so many choices between St wofgang, St gilgen, and Strobl I just cannot decide.
So which is your favorite hike around St Gilgen? Please help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 2 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 3 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 4 Iceland france spain
- 5 Help on ancient history route
- 6 Amalfi coast in august
- 7 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 8 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 9 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 10 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 11 Hiking lake Como
- 12 Prem fares (again)
- 13 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 14 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 15 Top Tapas Tascas
- 16 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 17 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 18 If your site isn't working because of the update, just take it offline
- 19 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 20 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 21 Greece
- 22 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 23 Renting a car in Greece
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living