I have searched the internet but I have not found yet what I am looking for. We (2 parents and a 18 months old) are going to be spending 3 nights in St Gilgen at the end of August.
Even with a baby I do like to hike in the aAps (carrying her on my back with an ergo carrier). I absolutely love Murren in Switzerland and the hikes to the various huts. I almost wanted to go back there this summer for my 3rd time but I have heard how amazingly beautiful the Salzkammergut area is and so I am giving it a try. Who knows? It might become my new favorite. People who know both areas, which one do you prefer?
I have read about the Panorama trail that I can do with a stroller on the the top of Zwolferhorn and my husband, the baby and I will do it probably the first day (we are traveling from Salzburg, not a long commute.) I was thinking about exploring also the town that day. But the second day I am looking for something more robust. A real hike, max 4-5 hours with a lunch break. I don't like to hike on the road where there are cars. Actually I don't want to see cars at all. I like the small trails winding through the pastures, meadow, forest. I would say the we are in pretty good shape and steepness is great as long as there are no ferratas (that might be too hard with a baby on my back, although I have seen a few parents doing it in the Dolomites, especially the Austrians and the Swiss). If you have any experience hiking with a baby or toddler, please share!
I saw some great hikes being described on the White Horse inn website but there are so many choices between St wofgang, St gilgen, and Strobl I just cannot decide.
So which is your favorite hike around St Gilgen? Please help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 4 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 5 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 6 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 7 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 8 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 9 Where to buy Saffron?
- 10 English Countryside
- 11 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 12 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 13 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 14 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 15 Super Cover For Hertz
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 4 days itinerary for France
- 18 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 19 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 20 Is it worth it to drive into Positano...& Amalfi Coast by land or sea?
- 21 When to Visit Scotland
- 22 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 23 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 24 House Hunting in France
- 25 Itinerary Tweaking