I have searched the internet but I have not found yet what I am looking for. We (2 parents and a 18 months old) are going to be spending 3 nights in St Gilgen at the end of August.
Even with a baby I do like to hike in the aAps (carrying her on my back with an ergo carrier). I absolutely love Murren in Switzerland and the hikes to the various huts. I almost wanted to go back there this summer for my 3rd time but I have heard how amazingly beautiful the Salzkammergut area is and so I am giving it a try. Who knows? It might become my new favorite. People who know both areas, which one do you prefer?
I have read about the Panorama trail that I can do with a stroller on the the top of Zwolferhorn and my husband, the baby and I will do it probably the first day (we are traveling from Salzburg, not a long commute.) I was thinking about exploring also the town that day. But the second day I am looking for something more robust. A real hike, max 4-5 hours with a lunch break. I don't like to hike on the road where there are cars. Actually I don't want to see cars at all. I like the small trails winding through the pastures, meadow, forest. I would say the we are in pretty good shape and steepness is great as long as there are no ferratas (that might be too hard with a baby on my back, although I have seen a few parents doing it in the Dolomites, especially the Austrians and the Swiss). If you have any experience hiking with a baby or toddler, please share!
I saw some great hikes being described on the White Horse inn website but there are so many choices between St wofgang, St gilgen, and Strobl I just cannot decide.
So which is your favorite hike around St Gilgen? Please help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Europe itinerary questions
- 3 1 month in Europe
- 4 Paris hotels
- 5 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 6 London Hotels
- 7 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 8 10 days in Paris and......
- 9 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 10 Back from Paris
- 11 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 12 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 13 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 16 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 17 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 18 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 19 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 20 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 21 LIsbon
- 22 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 23 Iceland in 7 days.
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 25 Luggage Storage