I have searched the internet but I have not found yet what I am looking for. We (2 parents and a 18 months old) are going to be spending 3 nights in St Gilgen at the end of August.
Even with a baby I do like to hike in the aAps (carrying her on my back with an ergo carrier). I absolutely love Murren in Switzerland and the hikes to the various huts. I almost wanted to go back there this summer for my 3rd time but I have heard how amazingly beautiful the Salzkammergut area is and so I am giving it a try. Who knows? It might become my new favorite. People who know both areas, which one do you prefer?
I have read about the Panorama trail that I can do with a stroller on the the top of Zwolferhorn and my husband, the baby and I will do it probably the first day (we are traveling from Salzburg, not a long commute.) I was thinking about exploring also the town that day. But the second day I am looking for something more robust. A real hike, max 4-5 hours with a lunch break. I don't like to hike on the road where there are cars. Actually I don't want to see cars at all. I like the small trails winding through the pastures, meadow, forest. I would say the we are in pretty good shape and steepness is great as long as there are no ferratas (that might be too hard with a baby on my back, although I have seen a few parents doing it in the Dolomites, especially the Austrians and the Swiss). If you have any experience hiking with a baby or toddler, please share!
I saw some great hikes being described on the White Horse inn website but there are so many choices between St wofgang, St gilgen, and Strobl I just cannot decide.
So which is your favorite hike around St Gilgen? Please help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 2 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 3 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 4 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 5 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 6 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 7 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 8 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 9 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 10 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 11 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 12 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 13 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 14 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 15 Oyster card?
- 16 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 17 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 18 London Theater
- 19 multi city flights to europe
- 20 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 21 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Milan and Lake Como
- 24 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 25 Uber in Rome & Lisbon