We are a group of 4 people (2 couples) planning to go from Barcelona to Aix-en-Provence. Initially we were planning to drive but found out that the one way drop off fee of rental car is outrageous, so we're changing our plan to take train from Barcelona to either Perpignan or Narbonne and then drive.
Since our time is limited, we're planning to reach Aix-en-Provence in the same day.
We're thinking to visit Carcasonne but is it worth a detour? It's a little bit out of the way from our destination which is Aix en Provence.
Or are there any other places of interest along our route to Aix that's better than Carcasonne?
What is worth a detour? Barcelona - Aix en Provence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 2 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 3 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 4 Where to spend two nights relatively near Malpensa? (*but not Milan!)
- 5 Ghent or Paris?
- 6 Venice - boats on canals
- 7 Paris - city hotel with easy access to Paris Nord Villepinte Expo?
- 8 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 9 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 10 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 11 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 12 Recommendations for must do Scandinavian itinerary....
- 13 Piedmont to Cinque Terre
- 14 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 15 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 16 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 17 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 18 Paris-Verona Carry-On Question
- 19 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 20 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 21 Best regions/cities for good walks (not hiking)
- 22 Trekking Poles in the UK...Where to buy
- 23 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 25 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome