We are a group of 4 people (2 couples) planning to go from Barcelona to Aix-en-Provence. Initially we were planning to drive but found out that the one way drop off fee of rental car is outrageous, so we're changing our plan to take train from Barcelona to either Perpignan or Narbonne and then drive.
Since our time is limited, we're planning to reach Aix-en-Provence in the same day.
We're thinking to visit Carcasonne but is it worth a detour? It's a little bit out of the way from our destination which is Aix en Provence.
Or are there any other places of interest along our route to Aix that's better than Carcasonne?
What is worth a detour? Barcelona - Aix en Provence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 2 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 3 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 4 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 5 What are the best places to see in England
- 6 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 7 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 8 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 9 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 10 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 11 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 12 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 hotels in Seville
- 15 Sicily Suggetions
- 16 car rental companies Italy
- 17 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 18 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 19 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 20 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald
- 21 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 22 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 23 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 24 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 25 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?