We are a group of 4 people (2 couples) planning to go from Barcelona to Aix-en-Provence. Initially we were planning to drive but found out that the one way drop off fee of rental car is outrageous, so we're changing our plan to take train from Barcelona to either Perpignan or Narbonne and then drive.
Since our time is limited, we're planning to reach Aix-en-Provence in the same day.
We're thinking to visit Carcasonne but is it worth a detour? It's a little bit out of the way from our destination which is Aix en Provence.
Or are there any other places of interest along our route to Aix that's better than Carcasonne?
What is worth a detour? Barcelona - Aix en Provence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 2 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 3 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 4 Eastern Europe
- 5 10 Days in Emilia-Romagna : Thinking of 3 Days Bologna and Then??
- 6 Switzerland help...?
- 7 Base for a Week in Normandy or Brittany in July
- 8 Airport ATMs
- 9 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 10 London to Paris by train
- 11 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 12 First time to Switzerland
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 17 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 18 4 weeks in the UK
- 19 Granada
- 20 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 21 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Ulysses S. Grant's European Tour?
- 22 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 23 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 24 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 25 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers