We are a group of 4 people (2 couples) planning to go from Barcelona to Aix-en-Provence. Initially we were planning to drive but found out that the one way drop off fee of rental car is outrageous, so we're changing our plan to take train from Barcelona to either Perpignan or Narbonne and then drive.
Since our time is limited, we're planning to reach Aix-en-Provence in the same day.
We're thinking to visit Carcasonne but is it worth a detour? It's a little bit out of the way from our destination which is Aix en Provence.
Or are there any other places of interest along our route to Aix that's better than Carcasonne?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary and Hotel Recommendations -- Amalfi Coast
- 2 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 3 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 4 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 5 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 6 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 7 Spain Itinerary Help
- 8 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 9 Ravello to Paestum
- 10 Barcelona completely overrated
- 11 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 12 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 13 Hotel recommendation in Berchtesgaden
- 14 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 15 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 16 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 17 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 18 Two weeks in Puglia - Help with itinerary please
- 19 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 20 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 21 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 22 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 23 Itinerary Help!
- 24 Staying in or around Koblenz?
- 25 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations