We are a group of 4 people (2 couples) planning to go from Barcelona to Aix-en-Provence. Initially we were planning to drive but found out that the one way drop off fee of rental car is outrageous, so we're changing our plan to take train from Barcelona to either Perpignan or Narbonne and then drive.
Since our time is limited, we're planning to reach Aix-en-Provence in the same day.
We're thinking to visit Carcasonne but is it worth a detour? It's a little bit out of the way from our destination which is Aix en Provence.
Or are there any other places of interest along our route to Aix that's better than Carcasonne?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 2 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 3 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 4 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 5 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 6 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 7 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 8 Germany in December Trip Report
- 9 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 10 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 11 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 12 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 13 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 14 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 15 Planning a European Trip
- 16 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 17 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 18 Italy for Christmas Week
- 19 train or plane
- 20 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 21 Norway Itinerary
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 24 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 25 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments