We are a group of 4 people (2 couples) planning to go from Barcelona to Aix-en-Provence. Initially we were planning to drive but found out that the one way drop off fee of rental car is outrageous, so we're changing our plan to take train from Barcelona to either Perpignan or Narbonne and then drive.
Since our time is limited, we're planning to reach Aix-en-Provence in the same day.
We're thinking to visit Carcasonne but is it worth a detour? It's a little bit out of the way from our destination which is Aix en Provence.
Or are there any other places of interest along our route to Aix that's better than Carcasonne?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 2 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 3 Hostel Advice
- 4 Romanhomes.com - looking for RECENT info, please
- 5 Holiday in Europe
- 6 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 7 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 8 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 9 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 10 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 11 Hertz Never Lost
- 12 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 13 Seville Hotels - September 2016
- 14 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 15 Fivizzano; near Aulla, Italy
- 16 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 17 Hotel Modigliani or Hotel Santa Maria (Rome)
- 18 First Time Europe Trip
- 19 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 20 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 21 student in denmark
- 22 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 23 Iceland in Feb
- 24 Poland in September
- 25 Slovenia + Croatia HELP!