We are a group of 4 people (2 couples) planning to go from Barcelona to Aix-en-Provence. Initially we were planning to drive but found out that the one way drop off fee of rental car is outrageous, so we're changing our plan to take train from Barcelona to either Perpignan or Narbonne and then drive.
Since our time is limited, we're planning to reach Aix-en-Provence in the same day.
We're thinking to visit Carcasonne but is it worth a detour? It's a little bit out of the way from our destination which is Aix en Provence.
Or are there any other places of interest along our route to Aix that's better than Carcasonne?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 2 Flights between Rome, Paris, London- I have questions!
- 3 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 4 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 5 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 6 Italy - rental car damages query
- 7 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 8 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 9 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 10 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 11 CDG much improved
- 12 European Cooking Secrets
- 13 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 14 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 15 London's Must Sights!
- 16 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 17 Venice & Bellagio Trip Report
- 18 20 Days in Europe
- 19 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 20 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 21 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 22 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 23 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 24 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 25 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?