I'm in touch with a travel agent about my trip to Iceland, and I'm having a bit of trouble with the Thorsmork section fo the trip. The travel agend doesn't think it would be a good idea to drive a Suzuki Jimmy to Thorsmork at that time of year (we don't want to drive an even larger SUV). Fair enough - he is suggesting that we stay at Hvolsvollur and drive to the car park an hour's walk from the park, or drive back to Reykjavik and take a super jeep tour to the park. I was wondering what others here have done. Are there other ways to get to Thorsmork from Hvolsvollur? Thanks in advance!
What is the best way to get to Thorsmork?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 2 Three ferries to Mull
- 3 American Express
- 4 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 5 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 6 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 7 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 8 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 9 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 10 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 11 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 12 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 13 Story of the German Christmas star
- 14 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 15 Airport ATMs
- 16 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 17 All Set To Go!!
- 18 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 19 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 21 Birmingham- Winter Sunday
- 22 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 23 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 24 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 25 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe