I'm in touch with a travel agent about my trip to Iceland, and I'm having a bit of trouble with the Thorsmork section fo the trip. The travel agend doesn't think it would be a good idea to drive a Suzuki Jimmy to Thorsmork at that time of year (we don't want to drive an even larger SUV). Fair enough - he is suggesting that we stay at Hvolsvollur and drive to the car park an hour's walk from the park, or drive back to Reykjavik and take a super jeep tour to the park. I was wondering what others here have done. Are there other ways to get to Thorsmork from Hvolsvollur? Thanks in advance!
What is the best way to get to Thorsmork?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 2 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 3 Scotland
- 4 Monaco to Paris on Monday June 1st to catch 5pm flight from CDG to JFK
- 5 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 6 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 7 Change in Travel
- 8 Logistics for Rental Car in Spain
- 9 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 10 Pousadas
- 11 ireland
- 12 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?
- 13 Grandhotel Giessbach in Switzerland
- 14 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 15 Some Ireland enjoyment tips
- 16 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 17 Any other tour/sightseeing sites, besides Viator???
- 18 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 19 Traveling with 6 in the Netherlands & Friesland - car or train?
- 20 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 21 Budget for 10 weeks in Europe
- 22 closest German city to Enschede/Twente
- 23 Getting Around Greece
- 24 Hotels at Lake Garda
- 25 5 day Barcelona itineary