I'm in touch with a travel agent about my trip to Iceland, and I'm having a bit of trouble with the Thorsmork section fo the trip. The travel agend doesn't think it would be a good idea to drive a Suzuki Jimmy to Thorsmork at that time of year (we don't want to drive an even larger SUV). Fair enough - he is suggesting that we stay at Hvolsvollur and drive to the car park an hour's walk from the park, or drive back to Reykjavik and take a super jeep tour to the park. I was wondering what others here have done. Are there other ways to get to Thorsmork from Hvolsvollur? Thanks in advance!
What is the best way to get to Thorsmork?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 2 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 3 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 4 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 5 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 6 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 9 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 12 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 13 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 14 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 15 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 18 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 19 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 20 Munich
- 21 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 22 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 25 Munich with a car?