I'm in touch with a travel agent about my trip to Iceland, and I'm having a bit of trouble with the Thorsmork section fo the trip. The travel agend doesn't think it would be a good idea to drive a Suzuki Jimmy to Thorsmork at that time of year (we don't want to drive an even larger SUV). Fair enough - he is suggesting that we stay at Hvolsvollur and drive to the car park an hour's walk from the park, or drive back to Reykjavik and take a super jeep tour to the park. I was wondering what others here have done. Are there other ways to get to Thorsmork from Hvolsvollur? Thanks in advance!
What is the best way to get to Thorsmork?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 2 Ireland's west coast
- 3 BUGA 2015 (Floral festival in Brandenburg) transportation
- 4 Is Scotland and Northern England still green in October?
- 5 Rocamaxour
- 6 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 7 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 8 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 9 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 10 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 11 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 12 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 13 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 14 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 15 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 16 Food options near Tower (& Leadenhall Mkt?)
- 17 England in 7 days
- 18 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 19 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 20 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 21 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 22 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review
- 23 To Prague or not to Prague
- 24 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 25 Gastehaus Alpenkranz