Hi all. My wife and I will be visiting Europe from North Carolina for the first time for 16 days starting the last week of September to the first week of October. We are leaninng heavily on starting out in Paris and then making our way to Rome where we'll start the second leg of our trip and will meet up with another couple where we might be taking a guided tour through Globus/Monograms which will go from Rome to Florence to Venice. A couple itineraries I've thought of would be maybe starting out in Paris for 4 days and taking the train to Switzerland and staying in Zermatt for a day and then on to Rome the next day. The first question: Is this a good idea to take this route? I would love to see some of the natural and scenic beauty of the Alps while making our way south. Second: Is there another route, maybe Paris to Nice and Genoa/Cinque Terre that we should see instead? Third: Is going through companies like Monograms or Globus a good idea? Want to make our trip is perfect which is why I have so many questions/reservations.
What is the best route from Paris to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice/Cote D'azur/Monaco surroundings - suggestions please...
- 2 Theater in London
- 3 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 4 How to make this adventure work?
- 5 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 6 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 7 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 8 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 9 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 10 where to stay in Germany
- 11 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 12 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 13 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 14 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 15 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 16 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 17 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 18 Majorca - where to stay?
- 19 Basel - Day Trip
- 20 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 21 Spending money in Italy?
- 22 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 23 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 24 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 25 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language