Hi all. My wife and I will be visiting Europe from North Carolina for the first time for 16 days starting the last week of September to the first week of October. We are leaninng heavily on starting out in Paris and then making our way to Rome where we'll start the second leg of our trip and will meet up with another couple where we might be taking a guided tour through Globus/Monograms which will go from Rome to Florence to Venice. A couple itineraries I've thought of would be maybe starting out in Paris for 4 days and taking the train to Switzerland and staying in Zermatt for a day and then on to Rome the next day. The first question: Is this a good idea to take this route? I would love to see some of the natural and scenic beauty of the Alps while making our way south. Second: Is there another route, maybe Paris to Nice and Genoa/Cinque Terre that we should see instead? Third: Is going through companies like Monograms or Globus a good idea? Want to make our trip is perfect which is why I have so many questions/reservations.
What is the best route from Paris to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 4 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 5 Gite and/or agritourism
- 6 20 days in Germany
- 7 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 8 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 9 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 10 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 11 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 12 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 13 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 14 England and Scotland
- 15 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 16 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 17 Athens/Istanbul March
- 18 French open
- 19 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 20 Azores
- 21 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 22 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 25 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German