Hi all. My wife and I will be visiting Europe from North Carolina for the first time for 16 days starting the last week of September to the first week of October. We are leaninng heavily on starting out in Paris and then making our way to Rome where we'll start the second leg of our trip and will meet up with another couple where we might be taking a guided tour through Globus/Monograms which will go from Rome to Florence to Venice. A couple itineraries I've thought of would be maybe starting out in Paris for 4 days and taking the train to Switzerland and staying in Zermatt for a day and then on to Rome the next day. The first question: Is this a good idea to take this route? I would love to see some of the natural and scenic beauty of the Alps while making our way south. Second: Is there another route, maybe Paris to Nice and Genoa/Cinque Terre that we should see instead? Third: Is going through companies like Monograms or Globus a good idea? Want to make our trip is perfect which is why I have so many questions/reservations.
What is the best route from Paris to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What still confounds you about travel?
- 2 Questions for my German friends
- 3 Pronunciation
- 4 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 5 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 6 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 7 Stay near Paris
- 8 Monet in Normandy
- 9 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 10 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 11 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 12 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 13 Koper to Trieste
- 14 Trieste and Koper
- 15 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 16 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 17 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 18 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 19 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 20 Dublin Tour Companies
- 21 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 22 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 23 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 24 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 25 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March