Hi all. My wife and I will be visiting Europe from North Carolina for the first time for 16 days starting the last week of September to the first week of October. We are leaninng heavily on starting out in Paris and then making our way to Rome where we'll start the second leg of our trip and will meet up with another couple where we might be taking a guided tour through Globus/Monograms which will go from Rome to Florence to Venice. A couple itineraries I've thought of would be maybe starting out in Paris for 4 days and taking the train to Switzerland and staying in Zermatt for a day and then on to Rome the next day. The first question: Is this a good idea to take this route? I would love to see some of the natural and scenic beauty of the Alps while making our way south. Second: Is there another route, maybe Paris to Nice and Genoa/Cinque Terre that we should see instead? Third: Is going through companies like Monograms or Globus a good idea? Want to make our trip is perfect which is why I have so many questions/reservations.
What is the best route from Paris to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 2 Three ferries to Mull
- 3 Eastern Europe
- 4 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 5 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 6 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 7 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 8 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 11 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 12 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 13 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 14 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 15 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 16 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 17 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 18 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 19 American Express
- 20 Airport ATMs
- 21 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 22 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 23 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.