Hi all. My wife and I will be visiting Europe from North Carolina for the first time for 16 days starting the last week of September to the first week of October. We are leaninng heavily on starting out in Paris and then making our way to Rome where we'll start the second leg of our trip and will meet up with another couple where we might be taking a guided tour through Globus/Monograms which will go from Rome to Florence to Venice. A couple itineraries I've thought of would be maybe starting out in Paris for 4 days and taking the train to Switzerland and staying in Zermatt for a day and then on to Rome the next day. The first question: Is this a good idea to take this route? I would love to see some of the natural and scenic beauty of the Alps while making our way south. Second: Is there another route, maybe Paris to Nice and Genoa/Cinque Terre that we should see instead? Third: Is going through companies like Monograms or Globus a good idea? Want to make our trip is perfect which is why I have so many questions/reservations.
What is the best route from Paris to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to make this adventure work?
- 2 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 3 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 4 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 5 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 6 dining in Brussels
- 7 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 8 Gifts from the States for European Hosts
- 9 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 10 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 11 using airbnb for the first time...
- 12 Madrid: City Views
- 13 My Turkey Trip Had Ups and Downs
- 14 plug adapters ITALY
- 15 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 16 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 17 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 18 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 19 How much luggage?????
- 20 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 21 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 22 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 23 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 24 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 25 Vienna State Opera Tickets