Hi all. My wife and I will be visiting Europe from North Carolina for the first time for 16 days starting the last week of September to the first week of October. We are leaninng heavily on starting out in Paris and then making our way to Rome where we'll start the second leg of our trip and will meet up with another couple where we might be taking a guided tour through Globus/Monograms which will go from Rome to Florence to Venice. A couple itineraries I've thought of would be maybe starting out in Paris for 4 days and taking the train to Switzerland and staying in Zermatt for a day and then on to Rome the next day. The first question: Is this a good idea to take this route? I would love to see some of the natural and scenic beauty of the Alps while making our way south. Second: Is there another route, maybe Paris to Nice and Genoa/Cinque Terre that we should see instead? Third: Is going through companies like Monograms or Globus a good idea? Want to make our trip is perfect which is why I have so many questions/reservations.
What is the best route from Paris to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 2 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 3 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 4 London Food Tour
- 5 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 6 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 7 Schladming, Austria
- 8 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 9 Family trip to France with kids
- 10 Where to stay in London
- 11 ANDALUCIA - CIVIL WAR GUIDE?
- 12 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 13 1 week in Ireland Starting in Dublin
- 14 Rental car and Portugal toll charges
- 15 Travelling to Croatia - Do I need to book accommodation
- 16 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 17 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 18 25 days in Europe
- 19 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 20 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 21 scotland trave;
- 22 Booking a 5* luxury hotel..
- 23 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 24 Short trip: Cartmel near South Lakes
- 25 euro quiz # 69 - All About Parks...