Hi all. My wife and I will be visiting Europe from North Carolina for the first time for 16 days starting the last week of September to the first week of October. We are leaninng heavily on starting out in Paris and then making our way to Rome where we'll start the second leg of our trip and will meet up with another couple where we might be taking a guided tour through Globus/Monograms which will go from Rome to Florence to Venice. A couple itineraries I've thought of would be maybe starting out in Paris for 4 days and taking the train to Switzerland and staying in Zermatt for a day and then on to Rome the next day. The first question: Is this a good idea to take this route? I would love to see some of the natural and scenic beauty of the Alps while making our way south. Second: Is there another route, maybe Paris to Nice and Genoa/Cinque Terre that we should see instead? Third: Is going through companies like Monograms or Globus a good idea? Want to make our trip is perfect which is why I have so many questions/reservations.
What is the best route from Paris to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 2 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 3 Viator.com in Turkey
- 4 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 5 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 6 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 7 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 8 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 9 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 10 Florence Hotel Advice
- 11 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 12 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 13 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 14 Scottish Passport
- 15 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 16 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 17 Italy tours
- 18 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 19 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 20 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 21 Air France strike
- 22 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 23 Europe in winter
- 24 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 25 Airbnb scam