Hi all. My wife and I will be visiting Europe from North Carolina for the first time for 16 days starting the last week of September to the first week of October. We are leaninng heavily on starting out in Paris and then making our way to Rome where we'll start the second leg of our trip and will meet up with another couple where we might be taking a guided tour through Globus/Monograms which will go from Rome to Florence to Venice. A couple itineraries I've thought of would be maybe starting out in Paris for 4 days and taking the train to Switzerland and staying in Zermatt for a day and then on to Rome the next day. The first question: Is this a good idea to take this route? I would love to see some of the natural and scenic beauty of the Alps while making our way south. Second: Is there another route, maybe Paris to Nice and Genoa/Cinque Terre that we should see instead? Third: Is going through companies like Monograms or Globus a good idea? Want to make our trip is perfect which is why I have so many questions/reservations.
What is the best route from Paris to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 2 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 3 Airport ATMs
- 4 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 5 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 6 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 7 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 8 American Express
- 9 Which european city?
- 10 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 11 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 12 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 13 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 14 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 15 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 16 All Set To Go!!
- 17 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 18 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 19 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 20 Three ferries to Mull
- 21 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 22 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 23 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 24 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 25 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012