Hi all. My wife and I will be visiting Europe from North Carolina for the first time for 16 days starting the last week of September to the first week of October. We are leaninng heavily on starting out in Paris and then making our way to Rome where we'll start the second leg of our trip and will meet up with another couple where we might be taking a guided tour through Globus/Monograms which will go from Rome to Florence to Venice. A couple itineraries I've thought of would be maybe starting out in Paris for 4 days and taking the train to Switzerland and staying in Zermatt for a day and then on to Rome the next day. The first question: Is this a good idea to take this route? I would love to see some of the natural and scenic beauty of the Alps while making our way south. Second: Is there another route, maybe Paris to Nice and Genoa/Cinque Terre that we should see instead? Third: Is going through companies like Monograms or Globus a good idea? Want to make our trip is perfect which is why I have so many questions/reservations.
What is the best route from Paris to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Private Detectives
- 2 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 3 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 4 Calling Jamikins
- 5 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 8 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 9 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 10 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 11 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 12 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 13 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 14 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 15 Europe in 21 days
- 16 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 17 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 18 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 19 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 20 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 21 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 22 UK for 12 days !
- 23 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 24 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 25 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+