Hi all. My wife and I will be visiting Europe from North Carolina for the first time for 16 days starting the last week of September to the first week of October. We are leaninng heavily on starting out in Paris and then making our way to Rome where we'll start the second leg of our trip and will meet up with another couple where we might be taking a guided tour through Globus/Monograms which will go from Rome to Florence to Venice. A couple itineraries I've thought of would be maybe starting out in Paris for 4 days and taking the train to Switzerland and staying in Zermatt for a day and then on to Rome the next day. The first question: Is this a good idea to take this route? I would love to see some of the natural and scenic beauty of the Alps while making our way south. Second: Is there another route, maybe Paris to Nice and Genoa/Cinque Terre that we should see instead? Third: Is going through companies like Monograms or Globus a good idea? Want to make our trip is perfect which is why I have so many questions/reservations.
What is the best route from Paris to Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 2 Critique my Paris Itinerary
- 3 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 4 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 5 Mont St. Michele?
- 6 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 7 EuroRail- Italy vs. Tickets
- 8 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 9 Ef Tour 10 days in Bavaria then 15 in Köthen
- 10 London Weekend
- 11 milan austria
- 12 Three nights in August - Valencia or Seville??
- 13 Apartments (via airbnb) or Hotels / B&Bs in Italy
- 14 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 15 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 16 Slow, south of france with a baby, a five year old and no driving
- 17 Itinerary advice needed-Ring of Kerry vs. Galway area
- 18 Geneva-recommendation for small hotel, perhaps Old City?
- 19 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 20 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 21 Drone video of the north of the Netherlands
- 22 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 23 Albi/Carcassone
- 24 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris
- 25 Need help planning Vilnius-Riga-Tallinn-Helsinki trip