My girlfriend & I have been looking into a holiday to Austria next August. We would like to go for 2 weeks but are unsure on the best area to stay. We don't mind doing a two centered holiday, maybe half in the country side and half in a city?
We would quite like to spend time walking, & would like to be near a lake, what is bregenz like? Could we easily travel from bregenz to vienna by train?
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shorts in South of France?
- 2 2 weeks in the Balkans
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 Is European democracy better than US democracy?
- 5 Poland to Austria In December
- 6 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 7 Spain: train/rental car help
- 8 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 9 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 10 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 11 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 12 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 13 Alsace to Austria?
- 14 UK in May and June
- 15 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 16 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 17 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 18 Bath/Cotswolds
- 19 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 20 Thinking about the Fjords
- 21 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 22 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 23 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 24 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 25 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland