I've always done carryon when traveling to Europe and have been scrupulous about staying underweight. However, I have to check in a large amount of luggage for an upcoming trip. I'm hoping to stay in the weight limit, but I'm wondering what happens if I just can't. I've seen people at the airport pushing mountains of suitcases up to check in. What happens?
Also, I've seen people check in taped up boxes marked "fragile" "glassware." I guess those are purchases people are carrying home. I'm considering checking a well-packed desk computer. Am I nuts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GMAIL 1888 260 2909 Installation renewal contact GMAIL tec*h tec*h 24*7
- 2 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 3 Schengen Rule
- 4 Quizz !
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 7 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 8 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 9 Russia in two weeks in December
- 10 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 11 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 12 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 13 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 14 9 Days in Spain
- 15 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 16 Norway Honeymoon
- 17 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 18 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 19 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 20 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 21 Our future trip to Greece
- 22 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 23 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 24 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 25 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
What happens if your luggage is overweight when you check in?