I've always done carryon when traveling to Europe and have been scrupulous about staying underweight. However, I have to check in a large amount of luggage for an upcoming trip. I'm hoping to stay in the weight limit, but I'm wondering what happens if I just can't. I've seen people at the airport pushing mountains of suitcases up to check in. What happens?
Also, I've seen people check in taped up boxes marked "fragile" "glassware." I guess those are purchases people are carrying home. I'm considering checking a well-packed desk computer. Am I nuts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 2 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 3 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 4 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 5 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 8 Italy in January?
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 10 days in London in early December
- 11 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 12 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 13 Berlin to ?
- 14 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 15 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 16 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 17 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 18 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 19 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 20 Scotland in December
- 21 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 24 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 25 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
What happens if your luggage is overweight when you check in?