Thanks for all the advice so far! I have just started to book our train tickets in France and on the first reservation I made from Paris-Caen return, on the outward leg my two children have "without reservation" as their seat assignment. It assigned seats fine for the three other people in our group and we all got seats assigned to us for our return leg.
Do I have to now pay and reserve a seat for my two kids? Why wouldn't they have assigned seats right away for my kids? Do my kids actually have seats?? Any other thoughts?
Thanks for all your help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 bahaduri HP @printer error CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 3 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 4 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 5 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 6 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 7 Notes on our Edinburgh trip (end of May 2017)
- 8 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 9 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 10 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 11 Edinbrugh
- 12 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 13 Maximizing Norway time
- 14 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 15 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 16 Hiking in Switzerland
- 17 Best layover option
- 18 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 19 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 20 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 21 Berlin
- 22 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 23 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 24 3 days solo in London
- 25 Info for Edinburgh visit
What does "without seat/reservation" mean on a train ticket/reservation?