Thanks for all the advice so far! I have just started to book our train tickets in France and on the first reservation I made from Paris-Caen return, on the outward leg my two children have "without reservation" as their seat assignment. It assigned seats fine for the three other people in our group and we all got seats assigned to us for our return leg.
Do I have to now pay and reserve a seat for my two kids? Why wouldn't they have assigned seats right away for my kids? Do my kids actually have seats?? Any other thoughts?
Thanks for all your help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 4 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 5 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 8 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 9 Please help allocate time in Lofoten and Bergen area
- 10 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 11 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 12 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 13 Meteora for older folk
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 16 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 17 Athens
- 18 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 19 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Germany train help!
- 23 Spain in July
- 24 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 25 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
What does "without seat/reservation" mean on a train ticket/reservation?