Thanks for all the advice so far! I have just started to book our train tickets in France and on the first reservation I made from Paris-Caen return, on the outward leg my two children have "without reservation" as their seat assignment. It assigned seats fine for the three other people in our group and we all got seats assigned to us for our return leg.
Do I have to now pay and reserve a seat for my two kids? Why wouldn't they have assigned seats right away for my kids? Do my kids actually have seats?? Any other thoughts?
Thanks for all your help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 2 What tips can you give about packing?
- 3 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 4 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 5 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 6 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 7 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 8 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 9 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 10 2 Months in Sicily
- 11 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 12 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 13 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 14 Ludwig Castles
- 15 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 16 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 17 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 18 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 19 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 20 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 21 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 22 Short Trip in July
- 23 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 24 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 25 HIking through France for 2 weeks
What does "without seat/reservation" mean on a train ticket/reservation?