Thanks for all the advice so far! I have just started to book our train tickets in France and on the first reservation I made from Paris-Caen return, on the outward leg my two children have "without reservation" as their seat assignment. It assigned seats fine for the three other people in our group and we all got seats assigned to us for our return leg.
Do I have to now pay and reserve a seat for my two kids? Why wouldn't they have assigned seats right away for my kids? Do my kids actually have seats?? Any other thoughts?
Thanks for all your help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 2 DVD burning software
- 3 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 4 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 5 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 6 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 7 Train travel
- 8 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 9 WWI Battlefields
- 10 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 11 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 12 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 13 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 14 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 15 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 16 Iceland 3 day layover
- 17 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 18 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 21 Milos beach stay
- 22 Paris to Bordeaux
- 23 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 24 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 25 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
What does "without seat/reservation" mean on a train ticket/reservation?