I'm asking for some advice for a friend who is looking for a reasonable, clean place to stay in a small town in France in March. Here are the details as I know them:
Her daughter will be staying in a town called Sainte Tulle at a sports complex called Centre Regan. My friend, her husband and their teenage son would like to stay nearby, either in Sainte Tulle (which is about 62 km from Aix en Provence) or a nearby town such as Manosque or Greoux les Bains. I don't know any of these towns but I'd like them to stay in someplace interesting and/or charming.
They'll likely visit Paris for three or four days before heading to the Sainte Tulle area and then spend five or six days there.
One of the things my friend would like to know is whether there's a train from Paris to Sainte Tulle (or nearby). Would they be better off to rent a car and drive?
Regarding accommodations in or near Sainte Tulle, they'd consider a hotel, apartment or guest house. They're not looking for a 5-star hotel but would like something pleasant, clean and comfortable for the three of them (the daughter will be at the sports complex).
I'd appreciate any help or advice on her behalf.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 2 7 days in Greece
- 3 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 4 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 5 Paris cooking classes
- 6 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 7 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 8 Canal du Midi
- 9 Family vacation to europe
- 10 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 11 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 12 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 13 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 14 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 15 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 16 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 17 Rental car in Menton
- 18 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 19 Italy
- 20 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 21 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 23 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 24 Barcelona and...
- 25 helping getting to and from Guarda