I'm asking for some advice for a friend who is looking for a reasonable, clean place to stay in a small town in France in March. Here are the details as I know them:
Her daughter will be staying in a town called Sainte Tulle at a sports complex called Centre Regan. My friend, her husband and their teenage son would like to stay nearby, either in Sainte Tulle (which is about 62 km from Aix en Provence) or a nearby town such as Manosque or Greoux les Bains. I don't know any of these towns but I'd like them to stay in someplace interesting and/or charming.
They'll likely visit Paris for three or four days before heading to the Sainte Tulle area and then spend five or six days there.
One of the things my friend would like to know is whether there's a train from Paris to Sainte Tulle (or nearby). Would they be better off to rent a car and drive?
Regarding accommodations in or near Sainte Tulle, they'd consider a hotel, apartment or guest house. They're not looking for a 5-star hotel but would like something pleasant, clean and comfortable for the three of them (the daughter will be at the sports complex).
I'd appreciate any help or advice on her behalf.
What do you know about Sainte Tulle and environs?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 2 4-6 weeks
- 3 Venice Banning Fodors
- 4 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 5 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 6 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 7 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 8 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 9 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 10 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 11 France, Italy and Greec
- 12 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 13 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 14 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 17 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 18 Eiffel tower tickets
- 19 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 20 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 21 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 22 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 23 Rome---August and September
- 24 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 25 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague