I'm asking for some advice for a friend who is looking for a reasonable, clean place to stay in a small town in France in March. Here are the details as I know them:
Her daughter will be staying in a town called Sainte Tulle at a sports complex called Centre Regan. My friend, her husband and their teenage son would like to stay nearby, either in Sainte Tulle (which is about 62 km from Aix en Provence) or a nearby town such as Manosque or Greoux les Bains. I don't know any of these towns but I'd like them to stay in someplace interesting and/or charming.
They'll likely visit Paris for three or four days before heading to the Sainte Tulle area and then spend five or six days there.
One of the things my friend would like to know is whether there's a train from Paris to Sainte Tulle (or nearby). Would they be better off to rent a car and drive?
Regarding accommodations in or near Sainte Tulle, they'd consider a hotel, apartment or guest house. They're not looking for a 5-star hotel but would like something pleasant, clean and comfortable for the three of them (the daughter will be at the sports complex).
I'd appreciate any help or advice on her behalf.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 2 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 3 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 4 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 5 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 6 Trip report European honeymoon
- 7 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 8 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 9 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 10 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 11 Spain Itinerary advice please – Extremadura? Cadiz?
- 12 Provence Lavender fields in July
- 13 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 14 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 15 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 16 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 17 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 18 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 19 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 20 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 21 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 22 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 23 Croatian islands
- 24 Walking GPS?
- 25 Glasgow to Rosslyn Chapel-what to see?