I'm asking for some advice for a friend who is looking for a reasonable, clean place to stay in a small town in France in March. Here are the details as I know them:
Her daughter will be staying in a town called Sainte Tulle at a sports complex called Centre Regan. My friend, her husband and their teenage son would like to stay nearby, either in Sainte Tulle (which is about 62 km from Aix en Provence) or a nearby town such as Manosque or Greoux les Bains. I don't know any of these towns but I'd like them to stay in someplace interesting and/or charming.
They'll likely visit Paris for three or four days before heading to the Sainte Tulle area and then spend five or six days there.
One of the things my friend would like to know is whether there's a train from Paris to Sainte Tulle (or nearby). Would they be better off to rent a car and drive?
Regarding accommodations in or near Sainte Tulle, they'd consider a hotel, apartment or guest house. They're not looking for a 5-star hotel but would like something pleasant, clean and comfortable for the three of them (the daughter will be at the sports complex).
I'd appreciate any help or advice on her behalf.
What do you know about Sainte Tulle and environs?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which other island would you pick for an Anniversary trip to Greece?
- 2 San Sebastian
- 3 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 4 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 5 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 6 Best hostels from experience
- 7 Istanbul Itinerary
- 8 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 9 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 10 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 11 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 12 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 13 What London location & hotels are the best for ??
- 14 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 15 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 16 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 17 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 18 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 19 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 20 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 21 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 22 7 Nights in Paris
- 23 London neighborhood suggestions
- 24 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 25 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar