I'm asking for some advice for a friend who is looking for a reasonable, clean place to stay in a small town in France in March. Here are the details as I know them:
Her daughter will be staying in a town called Sainte Tulle at a sports complex called Centre Regan. My friend, her husband and their teenage son would like to stay nearby, either in Sainte Tulle (which is about 62 km from Aix en Provence) or a nearby town such as Manosque or Greoux les Bains. I don't know any of these towns but I'd like them to stay in someplace interesting and/or charming.
They'll likely visit Paris for three or four days before heading to the Sainte Tulle area and then spend five or six days there.
One of the things my friend would like to know is whether there's a train from Paris to Sainte Tulle (or nearby). Would they be better off to rent a car and drive?
Regarding accommodations in or near Sainte Tulle, they'd consider a hotel, apartment or guest house. They're not looking for a 5-star hotel but would like something pleasant, clean and comfortable for the three of them (the daughter will be at the sports complex).
I'd appreciate any help or advice on her behalf.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 3 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 4 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 5 Europe itinerary help!
- 6 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 7 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 8 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 9 Shorts in South of France?
- 10 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 11 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 12 Which Day?
- 13 barcelona neighborhood
- 14 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 15 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 16 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 17 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 18 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 21 Les Invalides Night Show
- 22 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 23 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 24 Best Greek Island
- 25 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL