I'm asking for some advice for a friend who is looking for a reasonable, clean place to stay in a small town in France in March. Here are the details as I know them:
Her daughter will be staying in a town called Sainte Tulle at a sports complex called Centre Regan. My friend, her husband and their teenage son would like to stay nearby, either in Sainte Tulle (which is about 62 km from Aix en Provence) or a nearby town such as Manosque or Greoux les Bains. I don't know any of these towns but I'd like them to stay in someplace interesting and/or charming.
They'll likely visit Paris for three or four days before heading to the Sainte Tulle area and then spend five or six days there.
One of the things my friend would like to know is whether there's a train from Paris to Sainte Tulle (or nearby). Would they be better off to rent a car and drive?
Regarding accommodations in or near Sainte Tulle, they'd consider a hotel, apartment or guest house. They're not looking for a 5-star hotel but would like something pleasant, clean and comfortable for the three of them (the daughter will be at the sports complex).
I'd appreciate any help or advice on her behalf.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 2 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 3 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 4 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 5 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 6 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 7 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 10 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 11 Renting a car in Greece
- 12 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 13 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 14 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 15 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 16 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 17 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 18 Iceland rental camper company
- 19 southeast sicily town as home base
- 20 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 21 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 22 Chania
- 23 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 24 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 25 Spanish food - not that special?