I'm asking for some advice for a friend who is looking for a reasonable, clean place to stay in a small town in France in March. Here are the details as I know them:
Her daughter will be staying in a town called Sainte Tulle at a sports complex called Centre Regan. My friend, her husband and their teenage son would like to stay nearby, either in Sainte Tulle (which is about 62 km from Aix en Provence) or a nearby town such as Manosque or Greoux les Bains. I don't know any of these towns but I'd like them to stay in someplace interesting and/or charming.
They'll likely visit Paris for three or four days before heading to the Sainte Tulle area and then spend five or six days there.
One of the things my friend would like to know is whether there's a train from Paris to Sainte Tulle (or nearby). Would they be better off to rent a car and drive?
Regarding accommodations in or near Sainte Tulle, they'd consider a hotel, apartment or guest house. They're not looking for a 5-star hotel but would like something pleasant, clean and comfortable for the three of them (the daughter will be at the sports complex).
I'd appreciate any help or advice on her behalf.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bernina Express mid-March
- 2 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 3 If you had to choose one......
- 4 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 5 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 6 A Month stay in Southern France
- 7 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 8 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 9 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 10 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 11 Croatia transportation question.
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 14 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 15 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 16 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 17 2017 Easter in Italy
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 Ireland travel passport question
- 20 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 21 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 22 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 23 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 24 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 25 Southern Germany - a base for travel