I'm asking for some advice for a friend who is looking for a reasonable, clean place to stay in a small town in France in March. Here are the details as I know them:
Her daughter will be staying in a town called Sainte Tulle at a sports complex called Centre Regan. My friend, her husband and their teenage son would like to stay nearby, either in Sainte Tulle (which is about 62 km from Aix en Provence) or a nearby town such as Manosque or Greoux les Bains. I don't know any of these towns but I'd like them to stay in someplace interesting and/or charming.
They'll likely visit Paris for three or four days before heading to the Sainte Tulle area and then spend five or six days there.
One of the things my friend would like to know is whether there's a train from Paris to Sainte Tulle (or nearby). Would they be better off to rent a car and drive?
Regarding accommodations in or near Sainte Tulle, they'd consider a hotel, apartment or guest house. They're not looking for a 5-star hotel but would like something pleasant, clean and comfortable for the three of them (the daughter will be at the sports complex).
I'd appreciate any help or advice on her behalf.
What do you know about Sainte Tulle and environs?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 2 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 3 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 4 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 7 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 8 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 9 Airport to Piraeus
- 10 Train to Airport in Venice
- 11 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 12 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 13 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 14 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 15 Questions for my German friends
- 16 What still confounds you about travel?
- 17 Chip but no PIN
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 20 Foie gras, redux
- 21 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 22 Dublin Tour Companies
- 23 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 24 Day trips from Seville
- 25 Oktoberfest reservations