I've just recently joined this forum after being an avid reader of your posts. You guys rock!
I'm going to Paris in a few weeks for my first time. (The rest of my itinerary is a bit undecided, but I'm taking in all the good advice I'm receiving on the forum.)
I've been a bit crazy trying to figure out what clothes to pack. I'm going to brave it and try to take only a 21" roll-aboard (old back injuries rule out a large backpack) and a smallish carryon daypack.
What do women wear? I don't want to totally stick out like an American tourist. We'll be doing the usual- walking, shopping, museums, cafes, maybe a nightclub.
I'm sorta planning at least one dress, 3 pairs of shoes (closed toe tennis shoe-type, flat sandals and maybe a dressy shoe that I can abide walking around in for hours). Do women in their 40s wear jeans there?
This'll be a real challenge to pack in those sized bags for me! I routinely pack waaay too much!
Thanks for any input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 2 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 3 Two days in Rome
- 4 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 5 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 6 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 7 PARIS
- 8 One free day in Barcelona
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 11 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 12 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 13 Spain: train/rental car help
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Germany or Sweden
- 16 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 17 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 18 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 19 Greek Village
- 20 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 23 Sicily help
- 24 Athens Help
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece