I've just recently joined this forum after being an avid reader of your posts. You guys rock!
I'm going to Paris in a few weeks for my first time. (The rest of my itinerary is a bit undecided, but I'm taking in all the good advice I'm receiving on the forum.)
I've been a bit crazy trying to figure out what clothes to pack. I'm going to brave it and try to take only a 21" roll-aboard (old back injuries rule out a large backpack) and a smallish carryon daypack.
What do women wear? I don't want to totally stick out like an American tourist. We'll be doing the usual- walking, shopping, museums, cafes, maybe a nightclub.
I'm sorta planning at least one dress, 3 pairs of shoes (closed toe tennis shoe-type, flat sandals and maybe a dressy shoe that I can abide walking around in for hours). Do women in their 40s wear jeans there?
This'll be a real challenge to pack in those sized bags for me! I routinely pack waaay too much!
Thanks for any input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 2 Spider-Man HomeComing Full Movie Svenska Sub HD
- 3 Moldova and Transnistria
- 4 3 days outside Venice
- 5 Reaching the Lake District
- 6 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Jewish Vienna
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Andalucia Spain
- 11 seat reservations
- 12 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 13 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 14 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 15 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 16 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 17 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 18 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 19 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 20 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 21 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 22 Italy in a week
- 23 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 24 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 25 Germany-Car or Train