I've just recently joined this forum after being an avid reader of your posts. You guys rock!
I'm going to Paris in a few weeks for my first time. (The rest of my itinerary is a bit undecided, but I'm taking in all the good advice I'm receiving on the forum.)
I've been a bit crazy trying to figure out what clothes to pack. I'm going to brave it and try to take only a 21" roll-aboard (old back injuries rule out a large backpack) and a smallish carryon daypack.
What do women wear? I don't want to totally stick out like an American tourist. We'll be doing the usual- walking, shopping, museums, cafes, maybe a nightclub.
I'm sorta planning at least one dress, 3 pairs of shoes (closed toe tennis shoe-type, flat sandals and maybe a dressy shoe that I can abide walking around in for hours). Do women in their 40s wear jeans there?
This'll be a real challenge to pack in those sized bags for me! I routinely pack waaay too much!
Thanks for any input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 2 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 3 Murren to Prague
- 4 Le Marche Research Help
- 5 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 6 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 7 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 8 Public Transportation in England
- 9 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 10 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 11 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 12 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 13 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 14 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 15 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 16 DECORATED FARMHOUSES OF HÄLSINGLAND IN SWEDEN
- 17 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 18 Sintra
- 19 Venice Bell Tower
- 20 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 21 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 22 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 23 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 24 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 25 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)