I've just recently joined this forum after being an avid reader of your posts. You guys rock!
I'm going to Paris in a few weeks for my first time. (The rest of my itinerary is a bit undecided, but I'm taking in all the good advice I'm receiving on the forum.)
I've been a bit crazy trying to figure out what clothes to pack. I'm going to brave it and try to take only a 21" roll-aboard (old back injuries rule out a large backpack) and a smallish carryon daypack.
What do women wear? I don't want to totally stick out like an American tourist. We'll be doing the usual- walking, shopping, museums, cafes, maybe a nightclub.
I'm sorta planning at least one dress, 3 pairs of shoes (closed toe tennis shoe-type, flat sandals and maybe a dressy shoe that I can abide walking around in for hours). Do women in their 40s wear jeans there?
This'll be a real challenge to pack in those sized bags for me! I routinely pack waaay too much!
Thanks for any input.
What do women in their 40's wear in Paris?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 2 London hotel
- 3 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 4 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 5 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 6 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 7 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 8 Hotel in Venice
- 9 hotels in Seville
- 10 London tube
- 11 7 days in Greece
- 12 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 13 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 14 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 15 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 16 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 17 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 18 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 19 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 20 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 21 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 22 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 23 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 24 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 25 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY