I've just recently joined this forum after being an avid reader of your posts. You guys rock!
I'm going to Paris in a few weeks for my first time. (The rest of my itinerary is a bit undecided, but I'm taking in all the good advice I'm receiving on the forum.)
I've been a bit crazy trying to figure out what clothes to pack. I'm going to brave it and try to take only a 21" roll-aboard (old back injuries rule out a large backpack) and a smallish carryon daypack.
What do women wear? I don't want to totally stick out like an American tourist. We'll be doing the usual- walking, shopping, museums, cafes, maybe a nightclub.
I'm sorta planning at least one dress, 3 pairs of shoes (closed toe tennis shoe-type, flat sandals and maybe a dressy shoe that I can abide walking around in for hours). Do women in their 40s wear jeans there?
This'll be a real challenge to pack in those sized bags for me! I routinely pack waaay too much!
Thanks for any input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 hotels in the Eixample district of Barcelona
- 2 Best of Norway
- 3 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 4 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 5 travel around Spain
- 6 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 7 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 8 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 9 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 10 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 11 Bursa/Iznik
- 12 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 13 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 14 Charming areas to explore in London
- 15 Hidden Gems outside Munich
- 16 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 17 credit and debit cards
- 18 Luggage storage Vienna railway
- 19 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 20 Another Question re Scotland
- 21 Transportation and things to do around Malta from the Westin Dragona?
- 22 Accommodation Goze and Ostia Antic
- 23 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 24 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 25 Tattoos in Italy