I really need help and advice on this. I have been wanting to visit the Puglia area in Italy for a few years. I travel to Paris and Nice each Spring and aways add 1 or 2 other destinations.
Problem is I will not drive in Europe and always travel solo. Not even sure if at my age 84 they would allow me to rent a car in Europe., I have never taken a guided tour so I am somewhat dubious as if this is the right way for me.
My husband who was always my travel companion until he passed away 8 years ago always made fun of these tours with what he called "the brother in law Stops" You know gift stores, glass blowing factories etc.
I have done much research and it almost seems impossible to try to see much of the Puglia area by public transportation.
There is a tour company called ExperiencePuglia that has greaat reviews, however it looks as if 1/2 of the time is these brother in law stops,
Does any one have any suggestions for me.
If i can not go to Puglia , I may go to Naples for a few days. i have been there several times but only passing through on the way to Amalfi, Calabria and Sicily.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 2 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 3 Madrid airport question
- 4 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 5 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 6 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 7 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 8 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 9 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 10 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 11 Imbros Gorge
- 12 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 13 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 14 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 15 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 16 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 19 38 Days in Paris
- 20 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 21 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 22 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 23 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 24 How the kids age calculated
- 25 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
What do I do? Do a take a tour of Puglia or try to go it alone