I really need help and advice on this. I have been wanting to visit the Puglia area in Italy for a few years. I travel to Paris and Nice each Spring and aways add 1 or 2 other destinations.
Problem is I will not drive in Europe and always travel solo. Not even sure if at my age 84 they would allow me to rent a car in Europe., I have never taken a guided tour so I am somewhat dubious as if this is the right way for me.
My husband who was always my travel companion until he passed away 8 years ago always made fun of these tours with what he called "the brother in law Stops" You know gift stores, glass blowing factories etc.
I have done much research and it almost seems impossible to try to see much of the Puglia area by public transportation.
There is a tour company called ExperiencePuglia that has greaat reviews, however it looks as if 1/2 of the time is these brother in law stops,
Does any one have any suggestions for me.
If i can not go to Puglia , I may go to Naples for a few days. i have been there several times but only passing through on the way to Amalfi, Calabria and Sicily.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 4 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 5 getting to CDG
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 A Month stay in Southern France
- 8 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 9 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 10 Revised itinerary for italy
- 11 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 12 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 13 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 Hotel in Vienna
- 16 Places of interest
- 17 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 18 Switzerland in November?
- 19 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 20 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 21 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 22 vienna
- 23 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 24 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 25 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
What do I do? Do a take a tour of Puglia or try to go it alone