I really need help and advice on this. I have been wanting to visit the Puglia area in Italy for a few years. I travel to Paris and Nice each Spring and aways add 1 or 2 other destinations.
Problem is I will not drive in Europe and always travel solo. Not even sure if at my age 84 they would allow me to rent a car in Europe., I have never taken a guided tour so I am somewhat dubious as if this is the right way for me.
My husband who was always my travel companion until he passed away 8 years ago always made fun of these tours with what he called "the brother in law Stops" You know gift stores, glass blowing factories etc.
I have done much research and it almost seems impossible to try to see much of the Puglia area by public transportation.
There is a tour company called ExperiencePuglia that has greaat reviews, however it looks as if 1/2 of the time is these brother in law stops,
Does any one have any suggestions for me.
If i can not go to Puglia , I may go to Naples for a few days. i have been there several times but only passing through on the way to Amalfi, Calabria and Sicily.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stu Tower
- 2 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 3 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 4 SE ITALY
- 5 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 6 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 7 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 8 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 9 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 10 6 Days in Italy
- 11 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 12 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?
- 13 Helpful Hint
- 14 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 15 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 16 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 17 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 18 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 19 Finland around Christmas time?
- 20 monograms vacation tours
- 21 UK - Coronation Street Goes to 6 Days a Week...
- 22 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 25 Crete Holiday
What do I do? Do a take a tour of Puglia or try to go it alone