I'm an American citizen and I overstayed my tourist visa for almost 2 months. Do I have to pay a fine? Does the French immigration stamp my passport with a special stamp to ban me from France?or do I not get banned at all? I'm also married to a French citizen. I have no schengen visa just a tourist visa. But I have an appointment to get my french papers in January because we want to live in France and Im really scared to be banned. Please help!
What do Americans on a tourist visa to France get penalized with?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 Avignon to London?
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 7 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 8 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 9 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 10 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 11 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 12 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 13 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 16 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 17 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 18 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 19 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 20 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 21 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 22 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 23 Mycenae Documentary
- 24 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 25 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male