We will be there 17 days spending almost 2 weeks in Scotland and Ireland and have been trying to plan to pack the best clothes for comfort. I know we need the rain jacket, walking shoes, and layering. The question is just how cold is it with the dampness. Will jeans be too heavy in August? Also, for London the weather looks like it hangs in the upper 60's low 70s, then spikes to the 80s, plus the heat in the tube! Do they wear bermuda length type shorts for women and men? For my husband, even if he does not need a jacket and tie for the theatre or restaurants, is it good to have one for layering in the evenings? (Also going to the Tattoo in Scotland which is at 9pm and could be cold and damp). Any insight will be appreciated, thanks.
What clothes for England, Ireland and Scotland last 2 weeks of August?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 2 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 3 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 4 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 5 Taormina Sicily
- 6 Guidebook for Iceland
- 7 visa question
- 8 caroline_venezia
- 9 A Sardinia trip report
- 10 Granada
- 11 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 12 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 13 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 14 All Set To Go!!
- 15 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 16 First time to Switzerland
- 17 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 18 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 19 Romantic Greece and Exciting Turkey : 2011 Trip Report
- 20 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 21 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 22 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 23 First time Ireland trip
- 24 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 25 A month in Europe - how does this sound?