We will be there 17 days spending almost 2 weeks in Scotland and Ireland and have been trying to plan to pack the best clothes for comfort. I know we need the rain jacket, walking shoes, and layering. The question is just how cold is it with the dampness. Will jeans be too heavy in August? Also, for London the weather looks like it hangs in the upper 60's low 70s, then spikes to the 80s, plus the heat in the tube! Do they wear bermuda length type shorts for women and men? For my husband, even if he does not need a jacket and tie for the theatre or restaurants, is it good to have one for layering in the evenings? (Also going to the Tattoo in Scotland which is at 9pm and could be cold and damp). Any insight will be appreciated, thanks.
What clothes for England, Ireland and Scotland last 2 weeks of August?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 2 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 3 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 4 Skiing in Austria?
- 5 Arles as a base?
- 6 Rocamaxour
- 7 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 8 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 9 Spanish Music
- 10 Now for the Venice hotel
- 11 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 12 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 13 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 14 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 15 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 16 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 17 A Week in Spain
- 18 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 19 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 20 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 21 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 22 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 23 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 24 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 25 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?