We will be there 17 days spending almost 2 weeks in Scotland and Ireland and have been trying to plan to pack the best clothes for comfort. I know we need the rain jacket, walking shoes, and layering. The question is just how cold is it with the dampness. Will jeans be too heavy in August? Also, for London the weather looks like it hangs in the upper 60's low 70s, then spikes to the 80s, plus the heat in the tube! Do they wear bermuda length type shorts for women and men? For my husband, even if he does not need a jacket and tie for the theatre or restaurants, is it good to have one for layering in the evenings? (Also going to the Tattoo in Scotland which is at 9pm and could be cold and damp). Any insight will be appreciated, thanks.
What clothes for England, Ireland and Scotland last 2 weeks of August?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 2 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning
- 3 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 4 Is Capri overrated?
- 5 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 6 Anywhere to run in Granada?
- 7 Group Transportation in French Riviera
- 8 Camino No-No
- 9 Traveling with 6 in the Netherlands & Friesland - car or train?
- 10 A week in Paris
- 11 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 12 Day trips from Budapest and Vienna
- 13 Train des Pignes
- 14 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 15 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 16 9 days in switzerland
- 17 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 18 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 19 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 20 Switzerland - Lucerne & 2 nights
- 21 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 22 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 23 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 24 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 25 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France